Metal Storm logo
What to do to promote web page ?

13.08.2007 - 16:34
Ellrohir
Heaven Knight
I have currently solving this cue question from all possible angles...I have pages - my "X-MEN : Crimson Dawn" on-line RPG game, but i am fighting for visitors (43 visits in three days may look nice, but still nothing special) and for players - so far i have 5 - all i have asked personally - noone just found my page and hopped in by chance...and all are from Czech Republic and i want to make my game international with players from all around the world...

So i´m searching every way how to promote pages...of course i´m subscribing into web browsers lists, i´m posting advertisements on the forums, i even advertise via comments on youtube´s x-men related videos...but so far i don´t see any visible progress

I´ll be glad to hear any tips, what more can i do or tips what you are doing to promote your projects. So far i was never successful in web pages promoting (and i made more than this current)
----
My rest seems now calm and deep
Finally I got my dead man sleep

13.08.2007 - 19:42
Lucas
Mr. Noise
Elite
Have you got money? Send it to my bankaccount.

No seriously, I wouldn't know any good (and cheap) ways to promote your site other than mouth-to-mouth or posting on different furms like you did. Unless it is an utter brilliant thing, and will conquer the world of the internet in a couple of days.

I'd suggest going on some gaming sites and ask the administrators for help. Maybe they'll let you have a banner online for a week or month for a certain price. I don't know. I believe MetalStorm once had a page with the costs of a banner and stuff like that. Try to do that on a site that has visitors interested in the thing you promote. (i.e. don't promote ladies underwear on a site for gay males.. but then again, it might work, I wouldn't know)
----
SLUDGE. DOOM. DEATH. Wait, what?

"The reason I'm running for president is because I can't be Bruce Springsteen." - Barack Obama
14.08.2007 - 10:32
Ellrohir
Heaven Knight
oh yes...with money you can buy everything, that's true...

but i'm more likely searching for the free ways how or where to promote...it is still only fun project, so i'm not planning to fill in too much money
----

14.08.2007 - 12:12
wrathchild
Staff
Google "Web promotion tutorial" and you should find more information about that. I haven't tested any link but well, the key to Web promotion is to get your site somewhere in the first 20 results of a Google search. That means you have to work on keywords and writing for the Web. But I can't be more precise, most of that is partly a mystery to me.
----
La belleza no reside en lo que puedas crear, sino en lo que eres capaz de transmitir
Beauty resides not in what you're able to create, but in what you're able to communicate

Txus, Mägo De Oz
14.08.2007 - 12:16
Ellrohir
Heaven Knight
well...if you type "X-Men Crimson Dawn" into google, it will show you results to my page on the top...but how to force people to type this into google search

but i will try that tutorial...thanks for the tip
----

14.08.2007 - 14:26
wrathchild
Staff
I'd say they should find your website when they type something like "RPG online superheroes".
----
La belleza no reside en lo que puedas crear, sino en lo que eres capaz de transmitir
Beauty resides not in what you're able to create, but in what you're able to communicate

Txus, Mägo De Oz
15.08.2007 - 11:42
Ellrohir
Heaven Knight
hm...i think i will be a long run to achieve this
----

10.09.2007 - 19:24
demigod
hey dude,
if u need any help, i can help u out, my work is SEO (search engine optimization == > internet marketing)
just send me an PM
12.11.2007 - 15:38
nehrodwarf
put a link on your profile, communities related you can post the link at posts or at now...

put the page link here
what's ur adress of ur page?!
----
In this life you can choose what kind of ave to be: a chicken or a phoexix. I choosen be a phoenix, cuz' I'm rebirthing from ashes

Ps: my website it's: http://gcasweb.orgfree.com
13.11.2007 - 10:58
yvesson
Hej,
Of course I'd make some threads in some gaming forums about it.
IMO such thing you don't search with google, or at least you'd get so many results that the odds that you game is findable that way is slim prolly.

Also you may know that it can be that you see your link on top and other won't ?
Results change when you have visited the site already I think.