Metal Storm logo
Billy Idol

14.08.2007 - 00:15
Valentin B
Iconoclast
*WAAAaaaaaaawr*

so who's a fan? i like him because of the "billy idol band signature drum beat"(some would call it boring and monotonous lol), his fantastic vocals, ranging from cool spoken parts to insane over the top roars and the great rock n roll feeling the riffs and generally the songs give.
17.08.2007 - 17:22
APOHAKC
The Bard
HE is legend, I like his music a bit, yes. I saw him alive two years ago in Novi Sad and that was good show, he is definitely much more interesting on stage than to listen on CD player. And yes, I like his haircut
----
They say that we are gone but I can't let you down
The heathen faith will rise again we won't fail now
I know we cannot die forever is our time
Give my people back to me free from Christianity!!!!
03.04.2010 - 15:03
AnGina--
Dark Phoenix
Waaaaaaaaaaa who's a fan, I'm a fan!!!! Got my tickets to his show in Ljubljana this june and I couldn't be happier. This is gonna be the concert for a year and I actually changed my mind of going to Metal Camp and instead going to see Billy (as in spending the money for MC ticket <<<< spending money for Billy Idol).

I enjoy his music especially due to diversity, going from punk-rock, rock, to more popish melodies. Flesh For Fantasy has to be one of the most amazing songs ever. And not to mention, even though he's ''a bit older'', he's still such a pleasure to the (female?) eyes
----
You think darkness is your ally? You merely adopted the dark. I was born in it. Molded by it. I didn't see the light until I was a man. But it was nothing to me but blinding.
07.04.2010 - 01:22
Kap'N Korrupt
Account deleted
Billy Idol is a cool cat...songs like Rebel Yell, Eyes Without A Face, Dancing With Myself, White Wedding...kinda strange that he did a Christmas album...but doesn't everyone?
07.04.2010 - 05:56
BitterCOld
The Ancient One
Those were great songs from back in the day.

billy idol caused us to lose all our assemblies one year in High School... they played "Mony Mony" during an assembly and all the assembled students started up that "Hey - hey what? - Get Laid Get Fucked!" chant in the middle.
----
get the fuck off my lawn.

Beer Bug Virus Spotify Playlist crafted by Nikarg and I. Feel free to tune in and add some pertinent metal tunes!
26.06.2010 - 16:03
AnGina--
Dark Phoenix
Went to see Billy Idol on Thursday and I gotta say it was one of those concerts I will remember forever! Everything was flawless - the setlist (he played all his ''greatest hits'' with some songs from Devil's Playground and Generation X), the performance - he was waving, enocuraging the crowd and we were all on our feet singing, dancing in jumping at the first song, the sound, Steve Steven's solos, Jeremy Colson's drum solo.... Incredble! The concert of the year definately for me, there's nothin that can beat this one. Billy's amazing!
----
You think darkness is your ally? You merely adopted the dark. I was born in it. Molded by it. I didn't see the light until I was a man. But it was nothing to me but blinding.
27.06.2010 - 05:49
Derwood

I saw Billy Idol on the Whiplash Smile tour in 1987. I liked his stuff, but the main reason I went was to see The Cult, who were touring in support of their Electric album. The Cult had a stellar reputation as a live act, playing 10,000 seat venues in England before they ever had a recording contract.

The Cult were terrible at that show. Atsbury was off key for almost the entire performance, the whole band looked bored to death. When their set was over, I was left feeling I had wasted my money. Then Billy Idol and Steve Stevens took the stage and proceeded to blow my 16 year old expectations away. They put on a fantastic, incredibly high energy show. Idol and Stevens worked off each other amazingly well and the two of them are definitely better together. Both of them are top notch showmen.

Heh, might be time to dust off Rebel Yell...
----
You can't fight evil with a macaroni duck!
28.06.2010 - 16:56
Warman
Erotic Stains
Written by APOHAKC on 17.08.2007 at 17:22

I saw him alive two years ago in Novi Sad

Have you seen him dead yet?
----
07.07.2010 - 13:56
AnGina--
Dark Phoenix
Written by Warman on 28.06.2010 at 16:56

Written by APOHAKC on 17.08.2007 at 17:22

I saw him alive two years ago in Novi Sad

Have you seen him dead yet?

I think Billy Idol's one of those guys, who'll survive everything So noone will ever see him dead

(and yea, I do get the point of your comment tho )
----
17.10.2012 - 20:48
Cuca Beludo
Account deleted
I like his music Rebell Yell is a timeless classic album.
29.10.2012 - 04:59
Boxcar Willy
yr a kook
Dancing With Myself > Life.
----
14:22 - Marcel Hubregtse
I do your mum

DESTROY DRUM TRIGGERS
14.11.2012 - 04:06
M C Vice
ex-polydactyl
Cyberpunk is hands down one of the best albums I've ever heard.
----
"Another day, another Doug."
"I'll fight you on one condition. That you lower your nipples."
" 'Tis a lie! Thy backside is whole and ungobbled, thou ungrateful whelp!"