Metal Storm logo
Obscura - Announce & Detail Sixth Full Length Offering

After recently finishing the recordings in Gothenburg for their sixth studio album and the successor to 2018's Diluvium, technical death metal machinery Obscura is now revealing full details. Entitled A Valediction, it will be set free on November 19, 2021 (Nuclear Blast Records). Mixed and mastered by Fredrik Nordström, cover artwork painted by Eliran Kantor. First single drops in July. Stay tuned.

Thematically dealing with final farewells, the album will be a very personal record, as Steffen reveals: "A Valediction unfolds Obscura in its purest form and showcases the band at new heights and offers immediacy with a rather personal touch. We cannot wait to perform this album on stage and celebrate each and every song live with our loyal fans around the globe. This record goes to eleven, so watch out for the first single dropping in July and worldwide tour dates to be announced soon."

The tracklist reads as follows:

01) Forsaken
02) Solaris
03) A Valediction
04) When Stars Collide (feat. Björn 'Speed' Strid)
05) In Unity
06) Devoured Usurper
07) The Beyond
08) Orbital Elements II
09) The Neuromancer
10) In Adversity
11) Heritage

Source: facebook.com
Band profile: Obscura
Posted: 16.06.2021 by Abattoir

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 6   Visited by: 75 users
16.06.2021 - 23:28
arto adnan
Like the artwork. Eagerly waiting for the album...
17.06.2021 - 05:03
Dream Taster
The Enemy Within
Staff
Hell yeah, looking forward to it!
17.06.2021 - 11:51
Zap
I had no idea the classic Obscura line-up was (almost entirely) back. This could be interesting.
17.06.2021 - 13:27
qlacs
"The Quaker"
Kinda stoked for this, both Münzner and Thesseling are great musicians and writers.
----
18.06.2021 - 21:09
JayMo4
They haven't let me down yet. Eager to hear the new(old) lineup.
19.06.2021 - 14:30
Atrus
DILUVIUM WAS SO AWESOME. I WANT MORE!

Hits total: 900 | This month: 4