Metal Storm logo
Savage Circus - Parts Ways With Thomen Stauch

As posted on Savage Circus official website:

Umea/Hamburg the 17th of August 2007

Dear Friends,

After the recent events at the Rengsdorf Rock&Blues Festival and the Rock Am Schloss Festival the band sees no perspective any more to go on with our drummer Thomen Stauch. Therefore we immediately release him from all duties.

Even though we are aware of his personal situation we cannot ignore the fact anymore that he is still not able to carry out his duties for Savage Circus. Already in summer 2005 Thomes started to cancel most of his all planed out promotional activities. In 2006 he canceled the Japanese shows and wasn't part of any other activity for the whole year. We gave him this entire year to solve his situation because we deeply hoped that he would be able to recover and to get back into pace again. But instead in spring this year Thomen almost canceled the Circle II Circle tour. Now he canceled two festival shows with extremely short notice again?

We are very sorry, but we cannot take this any more. We supported and backed Thomen up for over 2 1/2 years by now, but as sad as it is we must face that it is just not going anywhere. Even though we still do have a lot of understanding for his situation, we cannot allow the unintended but yet serious damage he is doing to the band in which all of us invest so much energy and work. We do want Savage Circus to happen, but we cannot see it happen with Thomen any more.

We are not looking back in anger, we'd rather like to look into the future. This does not dramatically effect the production of the Dreamland Manor follow-up, but we will need some time to decide and work in a worthy replacement, who will be announced shortly. Therefore the release date will move to early 2008.

We wish Thomen well and hope, that he will find his way.

With deepest regrets,

Emil, Jens and Piet

Source: savage-circus.com
Band profile: Savage Circus
Posted: 18.08.2007 by wrathchild

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 11   Visited by: 33 users
18.08.2007 - 12:25
Darkside Momo
Retired
Strange... The band was created on his impulse...
What's happening to him ?
----
My Author's Blog (in French)

"You must stay drunk on writing so reality cannot destroy you"

"I've lost too many years now
I'm stealing back my soul
I am awake"
18.08.2007 - 13:28
kackbratze

Written by Darkside Momo on 18.08.2007 at 12:25

Strange... The band was created on his impulse...

Exactly what I thought. He has to be a difficult person to get along with. First Blind Guardian fired him because of "personal differences" and now this. Strange. I hope this won't decrease the quality of their next output... I loved "Dreamland Manor".
18.08.2007 - 13:36
wrathchild

I don't think it has to do (only) with his personality. If I remember, he had a lot of health problems that prevented him from going on tour with Blind Guardian during the last years he was with the band.
----
La belleza no reside en lo que puedas crear, sino en lo que eres capaz de transmitir
Beauty resides not in what you're able to create, but in what you're able to communicate

Txus, Mägo De Oz
18.08.2007 - 21:16
Vinnie R.
Chido Chido
I remember that he cancelled shows because of his health problems, and is sad because his style is unique and amazing at the drums...goodbye to the heart of Savage Circus.
19.08.2007 - 01:06
insanity.peppers

He doesn't need time off, he just needs to quit being a chain-smoker! that'll solve all his problems.
19.08.2007 - 03:14
LeChron James
Helvetesfossen
weeeeeeak
----
Kick Ass, Die Young

Less is More
Stay Pure
Stay Poor

Music was my life, music brought me to life and music is how I will be remembered long after I leave this life. When I die there will be a final waltz in my head that only I can hear.
19.08.2007 - 16:13
Aylee_Bodom
¬¬
Whatever the reason is, it must be pretty harsh to be kicked out of your own band.
----
*All Blood Runs The Same*
19.08.2007 - 18:14
okt31
Account deleted
Yes, I find it shameful, too.. After having a hand in releasing a nearly masterpiece (I would score Dreamland a 9/10) now he has to leave... Too bad.. Let's hope he'll do another band... Maybe he could rejoin Blind Guardian if the personal problems would be solved...
21.08.2007 - 16:23
Baz Anderson

ha, interesting indeed
when I saw Savage Circus.. surprise surprise he wasnt there

I think the replacement should be Thomas Nack - he did a good job when I saw them live
22.08.2007 - 17:54
RhaegarTargaryen
Telcontar
I dont think this is a suprise, Thomen had personal and health issues for the last several years, every year, hes a great drummer, put clearly unprofessional behaviour for a man in a serious band. Im sorry, but I think this is much better for Savage Circus.
----
... For years I have traveled in coldness,
But my heart is warm as the darkened sun above me...
Nothing can never take away
What I've seen with these tired eyes
21.04.2009 - 11:00
TamTam

Written by RhaegarTargaryen on 22.08.2007 at 17:54

Im sorry, but I think this is much better for Savage Circus.

Seriously hard to tell if it will brighten their candle or take it away.
He's my role model drummer.... Im so sad.

Hits total: 7762 | This month: 16