Metal Storm logo
Lordi - 15,000 Fans Demand Apology!

2006 Eurovision winners Lordi have about 15,000 of their fans demanding an appology from one of the French television hosts of the contest. The fans have all signed an internet petition at www.ipetitions.com

Alegedly, the French tv host said "Finland has been participating in the Eurovision contest for the past 44 years and has never won. They're certainly not gonna win with this." After Lordi's May 20 show. Another host said "It's fresh, it's light, it's sober. I didn't picture the Finns like this. They'll be at the Vincennes zoo in the fall."

Lordi ended up winning Eurovision with a record number of points and both remarks have greatly angered Lordi fans. And so they are demanding an apology. To sign the petition, visit http://www.ipetitions.com/petition/excuses_eurovisions/

Source: blabbermouth.net
Band profile: Lordi
Posted: 30.05.2006 by Raiden

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 19   Visited by: 11 users
30.05.2006 - 12:12
Lost One
Account deleted
Meh, what a pathetic bunch of whiners. What do they care if the French TV hosts hate Lordi's guts? All my friends hate Lordi too, and I'm not asking them to apologize.
30.05.2006 - 13:19
Demonizer
There are so many people who don't like Lordi (including me) and have negative comments, but you can't expect people to apologize for that!! Not everyone likes everything!
30.05.2006 - 13:26
BlooDRaveN
Account deleted
yes, but they said it on fucking TV!!
30.05.2006 - 14:14
LeDruide
Well, these two hosts are quite the worst on our tv programms, always doing boring old-minded shows. Those two were dumb and chauvinistic, annoying lot of people (not me, I didn't watched it). Well, I don't think Lordi and their fans should pay any attention to this. They should send them their last album
30.05.2006 - 16:03
TheDamned
Account deleted
Meh , they said a lot worse , like "My dog will go crazy if she hear it" or "They will be at the zoo next time" , and they covered their final performance with their comment , it's one thing to hate Lordi , it's another to be stupid and insulting on national television , especialy if we pay for said television since it was on a public channel . The petition demand an apology not for not liking Lordi , but for being complete asshole to them and the guys who voted for them .
30.05.2006 - 16:08
Demonizer
why bother...nobody really cares what those 2 think or say, so just ignore it instead of demanding an appology, which wont make any difference at all...
btw I'm sure they weren't the only hosts on tv (or radio) that had such comments!!
30.05.2006 - 17:13
Infantine Cult
Account deleted
I really don't understand why anyone would pay so much attention to what the French say. Its not like they have real opinions anyway. JOKING! Shit, next thing i know there'll be a petition against me! Everyone should just lighten up and stop being such crybabies. And anyways, its good to see a metal/hard rock act win Eurovision, because quite frankly all the other acts fuckin suck. I mean really, where do they find those people? The local "Special" School? Half of those acts sound like they're attempting to rape a retard with a cat. So good work Lordi and lighten up, cunts.
30.05.2006 - 19:01
DahliaRock
I know a lot of people who don't like Lordi and I can't ask them to apologize. But this isn't an insult to the group but rather it is towards the Finns
30.05.2006 - 19:48
wrathchild
staff
In fact, they (they were two hosts) didn't insult only the band and their music. They also spoke about the reunification of the Soviet Union when "analysing" the votes from Eastern countries... They also made a reproach about Greece skipping the dictatorship period of their history during one of the shows: France would never present the bad sides of its history in such a show, especially for it is the Eurovision.

Regarding Lordi, they said they wouldn't win, they wouldn't sell any album, they would play in a zoo in Paris, that their music would drive their dog crazy.

The other host was surprised and said "take care, Hard Rock's coming to France!" just like if French people never heard Hard Rock before, and that they should consider it evil.

Also, during the report in the news the day after, it was said that Lordi was a satanic band, that they had only 3 fans demonstrating in Helsinki.

---

I listened to a radio show were the main host replied to a phoner. He insisted that this wasn't a song. It was a joke, sent by the Finns to mock Eurovision... Just like he cannot concieve that some people can actually listen to Rock/Metal. By denying the possibility that he may be wrong, it's like saying to all the people who voted for Lordi that they were wrong.

I, myself, cannot conceive those two hosts were sent when they were completly disconnected from nowadays' musical reality. They still cannot realise that Lordi won twith the highest score ever, the highest margin and that only 3 countries did not vote for them (one of those countries being, of course, Finland). They also failed to see that Lordi was why they did the best viewing audience since several years.

I agree we shouldn't care about what those two guys may think, but that gives you an idea of how Rock and metal can be perceived in France. Damn, we're in 2006, some people need to wake up their brain.
----
La belleza no reside en lo que puedas crear, sino en lo que eres capaz de transmitir
Beauty resides not in what you're able to create, but in what you're able to communicate

Txus, Mägo De Oz
30.05.2006 - 22:27
belgianmetalman
Account deleted
Myea

I signed the petition
30.05.2006 - 23:39
x_Cythera_x
Account deleted
What's the point in demanding an appology from the tv host? Half (possibly more) of the viewers that night probobly thought the same, we'd be signing thousands of petitians and demanding ALOT of appologies if we concidered every silly comment made towards Finnland's Lordi. Im sure the french tv presenter feels embarrassed enough already lol, im not sure of this, but i heard that finnland took the record for highest points? If so - the presenter has definitly had enough shame, lol.
31.05.2006 - 02:44
Raiden
Down Under Staff
elite
Some interesting comments here, thanks guys You make quite a good point, wrath. I (not being from Europe I guess) didn't know some of the things that you said. Interesting about that radio show and that.
----
"Scream for me Melbourne!!!!"
- Bruce Dickinson

"I don't see any god up here"
- Yuri Gagarin (while in orbit, 1961)
31.05.2006 - 06:30
See, this is the problem with most Rock and Metal fans. Stop taking yourselves so fucking seriously! The world hates us metalheads, and always will. Blast some Lordi out of your steroes and get over it!!
People like those hosts are just ignorant and get high off their own sense of superiority
31.05.2006 - 18:19
Written by LeDruide on 30.05.2006 at 14:14

Those two were dumb and chauvinistic ...

Chauvenism has two defenitions: one is militant devotion to one's country, and the other is a general word for prejudice against anyone not like you.

Both defenitions make sense only partially in that sentence, I'm interested to know in what context you meant that.
----
Just plug your ears whenever she got around to Palestine and pretend you were slipping the rod to Mussolini.
- Alec
31.05.2006 - 20:42
Lucas
Mr. Noise
elite
Pathetic. We should just laugh at their stupidity and be silent.
----
SLUDGE. DOOM. DEATH. Wait, what?

"The reason I'm running for president is because I can't be Bruce Springsteen." - Barack Obama
31.05.2006 - 22:48
fire101
Account deleted
Written by Guest on 30.05.2006 at 13:26

yes, but they said it on fucking TV!!

Exactly. You shouldnt be punished for not liking something, but to go on fucking television and criticize someone elses hard work and dedication is b/s.
01.06.2006 - 10:38
LeDruide
Written by Hatred Infernal on 31.05.2006 at 18:19

Written by LeDruide on 30.05.2006 at 14:14

Those two were dumb and chauvinistic ...

Chauvenism has two defenitions: one is militant devotion to one's country, and the other is a general word for prejudice against anyone not like you.

Both defenitions make sense only partially in that sentence, I'm interested to know in what context you meant that.

First definition, for what they said this time and before (if I remember well). True that it is not really related to this subject, only partially as you said.
01.06.2006 - 15:57
Valentin B
Iconoclast
and let's not forget(for romanian guys) the idiots at tvr1 who said that lordi is a gwar ripoff.the song that they claimed proves that didn't even sound so much like hardrock hallelujah
24.02.2007 - 02:04
Athan
I was in the UK when the show took place, and i heard some of the comments of the hosts. They said stuff about them as well, for example when they won they said something like "they must be awarded just for the time spent dressing like that" and all sorts of crap... All of the hosts in Europe mocked Lordi when they first appeared. But when they won it was sooo funny to see them regretting everything they said and trying to justify themselves BTW this year there was a finish melodic metal band in the finals for eurovision (Thunderstone) but didn t qualify

Hits total: 1945 | This month: 3