Metal Storm logo
Pungent Stench - Split Up

Vocalist/guitarist Martin Schirenc from Austrian long-running Death Metal outfit Pungent Stench, has posted the following message on the band's forum:

"Dear boys and girls!

You probably have noticed that I didn't post any updates on our forthcoming album for the last four weeks and now I have a sad announcement to make:

Due to band internal disputes, both personal and business related, we came to the point where it's impossible to continue making music together.
All upcoming shows have been cancelled and there won't be any further live activities in the future, at least not with the current line-up.
This wasn't an easy decision and, speaking strictly for me, I wish we could have worked things out. Unfortunately, we couldn't come to a compromise settlement. However, I'll do everything in my power to release this album, since I believe it's too good to be trashed and mostly because we owe it to you, our loyal fans! I will also continue making music together with El Gore, who had a big bearing on the new album and is a great musician and friend. I hope you understand my position and I would be pleased to see you at a show of my future musical projects, because I ain't done rockin', yet!

Thank you for your abiding support and sympathy, but the time has come for me to move on and break new ground.

Yours,
Martin Schirenc (el cochino)"

(Thanks to lordz)

Source: metal-realm.net
Band profile: Pungent Stench
Posted: 19.08.2007 by Thryce

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 3   Visited by: 15 users
19.08.2007 - 16:13
Promonex
Cathemeral
Now that was a bit unexpected. Oh well, if that means Martin has more time to concentrate on Hollenthon I won't complain
----
All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu... This is the truth! This is my belief! ...At least for now.
- The Mystery of Life, Vol. 841 Ch. 26
20.08.2007 - 18:20
AncientOrigins

Damn, just two weeks ago I saw an interview with Alex Wank on regional TV. He was talking about a new video shot and album tracks...definitely unexpected.
----
http://myspace.com/shoresofsheol - My Black Metal band
23.08.2007 - 15:11
Thryce
Retired Staff
A statement by drummer Alex Wank can be found at this location.
----
Your favorite band sucks.

Hits total: 2822 | This month: 3