Metal Storm logo
Cradle Of Filth - Announce & Detail New Full Length, Launch Single

Cradle Of Filth announce the release of their 13th manifesto, entitled Existence Is Futile, pieced together in isolation at Grindstone Studios in Suffolk with studio guru Scott Atkins. It consists of 12 new tracks with a total playing time of 54 minutes, and it is due out via Nuclear Blast on October 22nd, 2021. The track "Crawling King Chaos" is now available for streaming as the first single/video below.

"The album is about existentialism, existential dread and fear of the unknown," frontman Dani Filth explains. "The concept wasn't created by the pandemic. We'd written it long before that began, but the pandemic is the tip of the cotton-bud as far as the way the world is headed, you know? I guess the title, Existence Is Futile, does sound a little morbid. But again, it's more about recognising that truth and saying that everything is permitted because nothing really matters, which mimics the occultist Aleister Crowley's maxim. We all know we're going to die, so we might as well indulge life while we possess it. The final track on the album - "Us, Dark, Invincible" - really drives that point home. Also, the artwork for this record was created by the Latvian visionary Arthur Berzinsh, who also dressed the last two albums, and that reeks of the exceedingly beautiful yet apocalyptic too."

Directed by Vicente Cordero

Album tracklist:

01. The Fate Of The World On Our Shoulders
02. Existential Terror
03. Necromantic Fantasies
04. Crawling King Chaos
05. Here Comes A Candle? (Infernal Lullaby)
06. Black Smoke Curling From The Lips Of War
07. Discourse Between A Man And His Soul
08. The Dying Of The Embers
09. Ashen Mortality
10. How Many Tears To Nurture A Rose?
11. Suffer Our Dominion
12. Us, Dark, Invincible
13. Sisters Of The Mist (Bonus track)
14. Unleash The Hellion (Bonus track)

Source: facebook.com
Band profile: Cradle Of Filth
Posted: 30.07.2021 by Abattoir

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 18   Visited by: 189 users
31.07.2021 - 01:10
Seems like the orchestrations are back in a more prominent place. Not as overdone as on Damnation and a Day, more like Darkly, Darkly Venus Aversa. I hope they find a way to blend this and the more guitar centered sound of the last record.
31.07.2021 - 01:35
sbgmetal

I think i wore that for halloween one year
31.07.2021 - 07:34
ickoriss

New single is great and I'm in love with the artwork.
31.07.2021 - 23:58
Callisto

Sounds pretty great... does it have a release date?
01.08.2021 - 00:25
nikarg

Written by Callisto on 31.07.2021 at 23:58

Sounds pretty great... does it have a release date?

October 22nd. Thanks for pointing it out, we added it in the news post now.
01.08.2021 - 12:32
Callisto

Thanks to you guys, I just thought it wasn't announced yet...

On the other hand, I've been disconnected from COF for a long, long time, this video seems lika a return to form of sorts. Cautiously hyped for this
01.08.2021 - 19:43
nikarg

Written by Callisto on 01.08.2021 at 12:32

On the other hand, I've been disconnected from COF for a long, long time, this video seems lika a return to form of sorts. Cautiously hyped for this

I quite like the song too. As SchrödingersDog said, the orchestrations are back and in a good way. I don't know if you have listened to Cryptoriana though, it was more guitar focused and I absolutely loved it.
01.08.2021 - 22:38
Callisto

Nope. I left after Midian. Part of it was because the decline in Dani's voice...

But I've made my mind to get up to speed before this new one... I'll let you know! Guitar oriented is always good, but I also enjoyed the instrumentation, and yes, the overproduction.
02.08.2021 - 01:24
SoUnDs LiKe PoP

Written by Callisto on 01.08.2021 at 22:38

Nope. I left after Midian. Part of it was because the decline in Dani's voice...

But I've made my mind to get up to speed before this new one... I'll let you know! Guitar oriented is always good, but I also enjoyed the instrumentation, and yes, the overproduction.

I never cared much for CoF until Hammer of the Witches. I personally find it to be much stronger than Cryptoriana.
----
I lift weights and listen to metal
02.08.2021 - 03:30
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Weird artwork not their best, song is in level ... just a COF song
----
Life is to short for LOVE, there is many great things to do online !!!

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
02.08.2021 - 10:23
Callisto

Written by SoUnDs LiKe PoP on 02.08.2021 at 01:24

I never cared much for CoF until Hammer of the Witches. I personally find it to be much stronger than Cryptoriana.

Haven't heard those, I will.

For me, Vempire is a masterpiece, agressive, eery melodic and over the top with wild ideas.
If there's anything better then I'm in for a treat...
02.08.2021 - 17:13
Opethian

For being around for 30 years and still holding a strong relevant presence, you've got to hand it to Dani and the gang. This one is going to be a memorable album. Cheers
04.08.2021 - 16:46
Daniell
_爱情_

Try Cryptoriana, their best since Midian. Really good.
07.08.2021 - 02:26
IBlackened

It looks like that demon is shitting a dude lol. Nice single. I don't remember CoF being this heavy. I'll have to listen to their latest albums.
----
Their old stuff is better.
08.08.2021 - 14:53
Callisto

ok so I decidided to go straight for Hammer and Cryptoriana since you guys have been kind enough to recommend them, and yes they're great!

It's a call back to the NWOBHM guitars + better solos than before (I'd say Mercyful Fate level). They both sound very alike to Cruelty maybe a bit formulaic if had to say something bad about them (specially Cryptoriana).

To my surprise they're their latest efforts so this means we are in the right direction... very good news indeed.

Thanks for recommending!
09.08.2021 - 08:03
SoUnDs LiKe PoP

Written by Callisto on 08.08.2021 at 14:53

ok so I decidided to go straight for Hammer and Cryptoriana since you guys have been kind enough to recommend them, and yes they're great!

It's a call back to the NWOBHM guitars + better solos than before (I'd say Mercyful Fate level). They both sound very alike to Cruelty maybe a bit formulaic if had to say something bad about them (specially Cryptoriana).

To my surprise they're their latest efforts so this means we are in the right direction... very good news indeed.

Thanks for recommending!

I felt similar with Cryptoriana sounding a bit formulaic. Not bad, just a bit ho-hum. Hammer really surprised and I felt it was unique and really stood out from anything else the band had ever done. Glad you enjoyed them both!
----
I lift weights and listen to metal
09.08.2021 - 14:29
theFIST

Not a fan of just about every band using overly bottom heavy mixes, with no regards for whether it helps, or like in this case hurts their music
----
http://metalstormmusicianscorner.bandcamp.com
Written by Warman on 07.11.2007 at 22:39
Haha, that's like saying "compose your own Metal album and upload it here, instead of writing a review of an album". :lol:
11.08.2021 - 19:00
Ag1975

A lot of things that I like about this song: orchestration and choirs are cool, drums is killer, guitar riffing is fantastic. Not a fan of Dani's voice, but the song in general is pretty good.

Hits total: 2744 | This month: 2