Metal Storm logo
Majesty

26.08.2007 - 01:23
Lowelas OF FIRE
Account deleted
I discovered these guys the other day! They play like Heavy / Power metal in the vein ov Wizard. They are from Germany. Anyone familiar with them?

http://www.myspace.com/majestytruemetal

they're great i think
29.08.2007 - 16:36
Baz Anderson

yes indeed, I have seen them live also..
they are fantastic and had one of the best albums of last year I thought

they aren't in the line of Wizard though in my opinion - they are more heavy heavy metal than Wizard..

still, they have great albums, "Hellforces" and "Reign In Glory" are great great albums, "Sword And Sorcery" is alright, and "Keep It True" sounds more like an extra long demo really.. so I keep away from it
the "Metal Law" DVD is great as well!!

they have so much energy and enthusiasm when playing live.. a great band to watch indeed!
31.08.2007 - 12:17
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
I know band, but I havnt lsitening them so much, how thay sounds does thay are simmilar how old Blind Guardian?
----
Life is to short for LOVE, there is many great things to do online !!!

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
31.08.2007 - 15:34
Baz Anderson

not really Blind Guardian like - I suppose they are like a cross between Wizard and Manowar.. or something..
they are really good though - get "Hellforces" and "Reign In Glory", they are really great albums
04.09.2007 - 05:06
Lowelas OF FIRE
Account deleted
Written by Bad English on 31.08.2007 at 12:17

I know band, but I havnt lsitening them so much, how thay sounds does thay are simmilar how old Blind Guardian?

follow the link I provided

I'm sure they were INSPIRED by early Blind Guardian, but no they do not sound the same.
04.09.2007 - 11:44
Nixx
Account deleted
Ah, great band, some of their song titles sound very "cheesy", but muscially, they're very talented to say the least. (Hellforces is awesome!)

Just my humble opinion.
08.09.2007 - 02:11
Lowelas OF FIRE
Account deleted
@Nixx: lol, the whole 'cheesy' aspect is what makes them "true metal" haha, well partly. Every Metal sub-genre is cheesy [which is what helps make it fun ] , besides Gothenburg-Death Metal and Progressive Metal, they are lyrically more 'uptight' .

17.09.2009 - 23:30
Nardor

They split up now :s; but Metalforce (you can see it as Majesty II) is great! They play also majesty songs! check this video to have an idea!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Q4hydOQ9AA

I personally think they're a bit better then Majesty
18.09.2009 - 17:35
Son of Odin

Yeah, Majesty is really great. Have all the albums and I have seen them once live.

All albums are worth checking out and the live dvd that comes with the live cd "Metal law" is totally fantastic, cant be much more metal then that!

Hail, hail to Majesty! Or maybe I should say, hail, hail to Metalforce...!
----
METAL UNITES US ALL!
07.01.2023 - 20:13
Joppe
Steelemeister
I can listen to them some times, but it's hard to listen their music with a straight face. It sounds to me that they tried to do similar music to Manowar with some added euro power but it didn't work out so good, while Virgin Steele, Wizard and Teräsbetoni managed better. Their "trueness" doesn't sound genuine to me and it makes them look like a parody of TRUE true metal, but it still leaves one guessing a little bit were they being serious or not. But ya, I still listen to them to have a good laugh some times
----
My vision is augmented