Live Abstgmund / Summer Breeze Fest, Germany 2004
07. Primal Massacre
08. Blessed And Forsaken
09. Madness Prevails
10. Stray Bullet Kill
11. Blood Rapture
12. Revelation Nausea

THE most violent album of the year!!!

Few times we get to hear a band changing so much that leaves every archetype of themselves behind; Vomitory did it, they took every single scheme they had in their past albums and turned them into perfectly assembled Death Metal.

"Terrorize Brutalize Sodomize" shows a band refreshing their structures and polishing their instruments, the whole album sounds impressive in terms of musicianship and execution. This CD lines towards the guitar-work more than anything else, but it is a fact that every single track in here works completely as a whole, the intricate and thrashy drum patterns, the sickening guttural growls and the strength of both the bass and the guitars ensembles perfectly into a huge manic metal monster; the overall product ends up sounding better than most records this year, something really interesting to be honest.

Then there's the songwriting... it's just amazing how these swedish guys manage their music, every song is structured in different layers, there's the super-catchy riffing, the chaotic blasting and the ultra brutal sodomizing and battering Death Metal from hell. And there's even a reminiscent plus, Vomitory also went for the technical heights this time, "Terrorize Brutalize Sodomize" is the epitome of incredibly masterful techniques mixed with majestic scales and utterly aggressive music.

While the production is not really perfect and the exhumed-esque layout with a couple of photoshop flaws made me wonder about the designer's capabilities, there's nothing really bad to point at in this album, those are maybe the only issues within this record, it isn't something to jump about anyhow, and the music itself makes any flaw invisible for the right ears.

This album will surely give new fans to Vomitory, its interesting and fresh approaches will captivate many seekers, in the other hand, fans will be surprised in a very good and punishing way, so there's no way possible to lose with this CD. If you're into Death Metal and brutal music don't think twice, get this from Metal Blade records now!

Rating breakdown
Performance: 9
Songwriting: 10
Originality: 8
Production: 7

Written by Herzebeth | 30.08.2007

Comments

Comments: 13   Visited by: 101 users
30.08.2007 - 22:08
Deadsoulman
elite
There's some pretty wicked riffage on this album. Every time I listen to it I find myself headbanging without mercy for 45 minutes... The only thing I could say against this album is that the vocals are a bit repetitive but that's not really a problem given the quality of the music. One of the best DM of the year for sure
31.08.2007 - 06:21
Rating: 8
Dangerboner
Lactation Cnslt
yes, I was also impressed with this album when I first listened to it. lol but it's been so long since I played it last that I thought it was released in 2006.
01.09.2007 - 02:39
-MeTaLlIc-OwL-
Account deleted
yeah, kick ass fucking brutal shit, yeah lots of words aight xD
well, i mean, i like this one
01.09.2007 - 13:16
Sunioj
I listen to this album every now and then, usually I prefer Blood Rapture, but this album does have alot of sick riffage. 8 point something sounds about right.
04.09.2007 - 03:34
__Az__
yep, very impressed with this release, good review.
04.09.2007 - 15:41
Baz Anderson
staff
I just heard this album for the first time.. my first proper experience with Vomitory.. and I rather liked it
it's a constant death metal assault. haha
it is not going to be the best death metal album of the year for me though.. thats already taken
04.09.2007 - 16:08
Thryce
Retired Staff
elite
When I heard this album for the first time, I was totally blown away by it. Sure it stays in the line of their previous releases, but the overall Vomitory sound still stays very impressive and overwhelming.
Good review too, Herzy.

Written by Deadsoulman on 30.08.2007 at 22:08

One of the best DM of the year for sure

For sure!
----
Your favorite band sucks.
30.01.2008 - 15:54
+{Jonas}+
I R Serious Cat
If the album is so amazing why not giving it a higher rating?
----
"Nobody wants to be the weird kid, you just end up being the weird kid. You don't know how you ended up getting there" - Rob Zombie

http://jonas-bs.deviantart.com My dA, mainly photography, go check it out!
16.02.2008 - 02:22
Rating: 10
john_mcc
Written by +{Jonas}+ on 30.01.2008 at 15:54

If the album is so amazing why not giving it a higher rating?

I'm guessing that that is because they were not exactly doing anything that hasn't been heard before on this album so lost some marks on the originality score, but if you want some perfectly executed Death Metal to break your neck to then it simply does not get any better than this.
25.03.2009 - 08:59
Uirapuru
Liver Failure
Its Ok... Didnt like the production so much... my favorite continues to be Blood Rapture...
----

----
member of the true crusade against old school heavy metal, early 80s thrash, NWOBHM, traditional doom, first and second wave black metal, old school death metal, US power metal, 70s prog rock and atmospheric doomsludgestoner. o/
03.05.2010 - 09:01
Maxx666
Meshuggahian
Really great album. i think the production didn't troubled much, its quite coherent with the music
30.12.2011 - 17:54
Rating: 9
I_Die_Often
This was one of my X-Mas gifts!
BROOTAL!!!!
----
Old enough to be your Daddy... speaking of which... you look familiar... do I know your mother???
01.10.2013 - 14:19
Deadmeat
Necrobutcher
I found very hard to find nice songs on this one. i feel the production is one of the main problems. generally where it lacks i think it's the songwriting...
----
Υou've sold your human essence to the cold world of dead and empty things... You're SOLD!

Hits total: 7265 | This month: 7