06. Bound By Blood
07. Who Claims The Soulless
08. Malefical
09. Soul Eater
10. Dying Seraph
11. Lady Lucifera
12. Under Belly Of The Beast
13. Unspeakable Shango Mix

"The lost track of Danzig" is a compilation of 26 previously-unreleased Danzig songs from the band's first session in 1986 to the most recent album. Danzig talked about this compilation in several interview but never found the time to release it. It's done now and Danzig himself claims that the songs aren't poor b-sides but that back in time they just didn't fit to the albums. Believe me he is right, this compilation is all but not a poor pile of bad songs compiled for money, we're just in front of great songs and by luck now we will be able to listen to them.

I don't really like the compilations of unreleased songs. In general, this is just business and those famous songs are clearly uncompleted or just bad. After all, a lot of time they didn't disappeared on the final track-list for nothing. Danzig promised that this compilation should be different and he didn't lie. Even if the songs of those two CDs are unreleased tracks, they don't suffer of any comparison with his other "official" songs. Of course some of you will always say that you can find better songs on his albums, that's probably right but here I'm sorry, I didn't find anything bad at least. And the two CDs are full of pure Danzig's music, this is Heavy Metal which flirts with Hard Rock and of course it's really dark. Plus the deep and low voice of Danzig is still amazing, for me really this is something magic and so disturbing that it's quite impossible to find other singers with the same kind of tonalities. If you like Danzig this compilation is a must.

Even if this is a compilation, even if some of the songs were recorded during the 80's, the production is really good in general. The track-list even future some covers of Bowie ("Cat People") or T-Rex ("Buick McKane"). Honestly, if you want to buy something this week and like Danzig, I don't understand why you should avoid this realese. At the opposite, with this compilation, Danzig proves that he is able to write good songs. I know, all his discography isn't perfect but be sure that you'll find some songs for you in this double album anyway so don't miss it.

"The Lost Tracks Of Danzig" is something essential, if you're a fan of Danzig or simply like Dark Metal and Hard Rock. Finally we can buy a real original compilation which is not a total waste of money. Don't miss those two CDs they're a must and prove that Glenn Danzig is a great singer and compositor.

Rating breakdown
Performance: 9
Songwriting: 8
Originality: 8
Production: 9

Written by Jeff | 30.08.2007

Comments

Comments: 2   Visited by: 49 users
30.08.2007 - 23:11
Rating: 8
Doc G.
Full Grown Hoser
Good review, I got this box set for my birthday and I thought it was really good, some songs its no question why they werent put on an album and other songs its a crime they werent, either way its great from like a educational point of view for any danzig fan.
----
"I got a lot of really good ideas, problem is, most of them suck."
- George Carlin
05.09.2007 - 23:54
Richard

Yeah, good review - this is a great release. Warlock is my favourite song on there. (Although, like a few of the songs, it has the same guitar bit as 'Mother'!)
----

Hits total: 7881 | This month: 7