Metal Storm logo
Children Of Bodom

Original post

Posted by Warman, 02.09.2007 - 15:49
New thread for CoB.

Last discussion was about the new song, "Tie My Rope", and the upcoming album of course.

Continue the discussion!
23.02.2009 - 17:07
seely
Account deleted
Saw them live at Norwich UEA the other week, what a show!!

Only got the one album (bloodrunk), that'll have to change soon!
27.02.2009 - 19:46
jd-inflames
Account deleted
Honestly, this past album and the previous album before that really showed a decline in my interest for Children of Bodom. I am still in love with the Follow the Reaper album, however, so I will always be a steady listener. Damn that album.
28.02.2009 - 22:04
Zelse

Blooddrunk was the first Bodom album I bought and fully listened to.. It was pretty good, in my opinion (the only other songs I knew before I bought it were Angels Don't Kill, Hate Crew Deathroll, and Needled 24/7 - all amazing songs)... what other albums should I check out? Hatebreeder, Something Wild maybe?
28.02.2009 - 22:20
ForeverDarkWoods

Written by Zelse on 28.02.2009 at 22:04

Blooddrunk was the first Bodom album I bought and fully listened to.. It was pretty good, in my opinion (the only other songs I knew before I bought it were Angels Don't Kill, Hate Crew Deathroll, and Needled 24/7 - all amazing songs)... what other albums should I check out? Hatebreeder, Something Wild maybe?

Hatebreeder, Something Wild and to a little lesser extent Follow The Reaper is the good Bodom material, unless you like stupid modern groove riffing of course, in which case I could see why you might like the later material better. A lot more energy in their older material. The newer seems much more watered down and neatly packaged so to speak, while the earlier is more in your face assault without the modern groove riffs.
----
Free nations are peaceful nations. Free nations don't attack each other. Free nations don't develop weapons of mass destruction!
- George W. Bush, ex-president of the United States of America
28.02.2009 - 23:57
Doc G.
Full Grown Hoser

Foreverdarkwoods is another CoB grudge-holder person...so its hard to take him seriously when giving recommendations to a band he hates. Personally I'd go with Follow The Reaper, Something Wild was dreadful in so many aspects. Follow The Reaper/Hate Crew Death Roll are possibly the 2 best, and I guess Hatebreeder...I didn't care for Hatebreeder too much but others seem to love it.
----
"I got a lot of really good ideas, problem is, most of them suck."
- George Carlin
01.03.2009 - 00:34
ForeverDarkWoods

Written by Doc G. on 28.02.2009 at 23:57

Foreverdarkwoods is another CoB grudge-holder person...so its hard to take him seriously when giving recommendations to a band he hates. Personally I'd go with Follow The Reaper, Something Wild was dreadful in so many aspects. Follow The Reaper/Hate Crew Death Roll are possibly the 2 best, and I guess Hatebreeder...I didn't care for Hatebreeder too much but others seem to love it.

I do not hate COB. I just strongly dislike recent COB. Therefore my reccomendation was to go towards the not so recent COB (SW, HB and to a lesser extent FTR). When did my opinion become less valid simply because I dislike a certain type of music? It only makes sense to reccomend what material to check out based on one's own opinions (as opposed to what is popular at the time), so that he can check for himself and then decide what person to trust (I don't lose shit if he goes by your reccomendations instead based on his own choices, but I still don't like people belittlling my opinions because it isn't the same as theirs), does it not?

I thought so.... Have a nice day.
----
Free nations are peaceful nations. Free nations don't attack each other. Free nations don't develop weapons of mass destruction!
- George W. Bush, ex-president of the United States of America
01.03.2009 - 06:19
jd-inflames
Account deleted
Follow the Reaper and Hatebreeder are definitely their best albums. If you are trying to get into them, check those 2 out first.
01.03.2009 - 07:33
Doc G.
Full Grown Hoser
Written by ForeverDarkWoods on 01.03.2009 at 00:34

I do not hate COB. I just strongly dislike recent COB. Therefore my reccomendation was to go towards the not so recent COB (SW, HB and to a lesser extent FTR). When did my opinion become less valid simply because I dislike a certain type of music? It only makes sense to reccomend what material to check out based on one's own opinions (as opposed to what is popular at the time), so that he can check for himself and then decide what person to trust (I don't lose shit if he goes by your reccomendations instead based on his own choices, but I still don't like people belittlling my opinions because it isn't the same as theirs), does it not?

I was simply saying that you come across as the type who dislikes the band overall therefore your recommendations are slightly less credible, kind of the same reason I don't give Metallica recommendations.

Besides, (not really directed toward anyone) but I think at this day in age "recommendations" are pretty useless, seeing as you can hear a bands entire discography by just going to a few Myspace pages and youtube before buying an album. This especially applies to bands as famous as Children Of Bodom. The only time recommendations really help is for really underground bands that dont have enough exposure for anyone to put some videos up on youtube for, or create some fake Myspace pages, or if your just trying to figure out what albums you wont get made fun of for listening to.
----
- George Carlin
14.03.2009 - 21:57
Ernotar
Cookie Mistress
Children Of Bodom won the Finnish Emma-award (our equivalent to the Grammy-award) of "the best metal band of the year". Alexi and Jaska kept a small speech when receiving the award, but it was more like Alexi's own little show. He was somewhat drunk.
----
You'll never walk alone.
14.03.2009 - 22:16
Doc G.
Full Grown Hoser
Written by Ernotar on 14.03.2009 at 21:57

Children Of Bodom won the Finnish Emma-award (our equivalent to the Grammy-award) of "the best metal band of the year". Alexi and Jaska kept a small speech when receiving the award, but it was more like Alexi's own little show. He was somewhat drunk.

Drunk? Surprise, surprise. Who were the other nominees?
----
- George Carlin
14.03.2009 - 22:18
Ernotar
Cookie Mistress
@ Dr. Rock Yeah, what a big surprise. The other nominees were Diablo, Stam1na and Sturm Und Drang.
----
You'll never walk alone.
14.03.2009 - 22:28
Doc G.
Full Grown Hoser
Hmmm....Yeah I'm going to refrain from going off on another anti-grammy rant, I think everything has already been said.
----
- George Carlin
21.03.2009 - 12:02
RockeRoy

I used to love children of bodom, but they just dont do it for me anymore, Follow the reaper is great though
----
You found god? If nobody claims him in thirty days, he's yours

Walk with me in hell
21.03.2009 - 14:17
Ellrohir
Heaven Knight
I like CoB that much, i have pen-case with Hatebreeder cover on it...

well...no other "suitable for my music tastes" was available atm, but sssh
----
My rest seems now calm and deep
Finally I got my dead man sleep

26.03.2009 - 19:01
Ernotar
Cookie Mistress
Guitar World magazine gave Alexi Laiho the award of the best metal guitarist. Behind him in the vote was for instance Metallica's Kirk Hammet.

The paper also mentioned that COB will release a cover-album in September. So, I guess we'll finally have that Britney Spears cover on an album.
----
You'll never walk alone.
26.03.2009 - 21:11
The Butt
Account deleted
I hope to god not, for A) It was their worst cover and B) I want all new covers.
27.03.2009 - 04:31
+{Jonas}+
I R Serious Cat
Written by Ernotar on 26.03.2009 at 19:01

Guitar World magazine gave Alexi Laiho the award of the best metal guitarist. Behind him in the vote was for instance Metallica's Kirk Hammet.

The paper also mentioned that COB will release a cover-album in September. So, I guess we'll finally have that Britney Spears cover on an album.

Well, Alexi is indeed better than Kirk (or so says my guitarist cousin, hehe)

Well if the Britney Spears cover is indeed in the album, it'll guarantee many people to buy it, even if it's just for the lols
----
"Nobody wants to be the weird kid, you just end up being the weird kid. You don't know how you ended up getting there" - Rob Zombie

http://jonas-bs.deviantart.com My dA, mainly photography, go check it out!
31.03.2009 - 05:11
Go Forth Or Die
Account deleted
I dont really like the britney cover album
im praying for some new covers i myself would love to see a misfits cover
31.03.2009 - 07:56
Doc G.
Full Grown Hoser
Written by Guest on 31.03.2009 at 05:11

I wouldn't worry, I was reading an interview with them and the interviewee asked about a covers compilations, and they said the only way they'd do it is if they could include some new stuff (as in fresh covers), so I imagine they will.
----
- George Carlin
31.03.2009 - 07:58
Ernotar
Cookie Mistress
I suppose at least their cover of Rihanna's "Umbrella" will be on that album. That should be fun.
----
You'll never walk alone.
31.03.2009 - 10:59
Janne
Hugin
Written by Ernotar on 31.03.2009 at 07:58

I suppose at least their cover of Rihanna's "Umbrella" will be on that album. That should be fun.

I Hope it will be on the album! That was my favourite cover song by cob.
----
age]

-FOLK METAL HUNGARY-
31.03.2009 - 14:29
Go Forth Or Die
Account deleted
Written by Doc G. on 31.03.2009 at 07:56

Written by Guest on 31.03.2009 at 05:11

I wouldn't worry, I was reading an interview with them and the interviewee asked about a covers compilations, and they said the only way they'd do it is if they could include some new stuff (as in fresh covers), so I imagine they will.

thanks im glad they just wont be throwing their old stuff onto it
31.03.2009 - 21:26
Fhuesc

Written by Janne on 31.03.2009 at 10:59

Does that cover really exist?
----
Hasta la victoria, siempre!
Until victory, always!
31.03.2009 - 21:29
Janne
Hugin
Written by Fhuesc on 31.03.2009 at 21:26

Written by Janne on 31.03.2009 at 10:59

Does that cover really exist?

Of course. Alexi sang it on some festivals. you can find videos about that on Youtube.
----
age]

-FOLK METAL HUNGARY-
31.03.2009 - 21:56
Fhuesc

Just when i thought they couldn't go lower...
----
Until victory, always!
31.03.2009 - 22:23
Janne
Hugin
Written by Fhuesc on 31.03.2009 at 21:56

It's just fun..
----
age]

-FOLK METAL HUNGARY-
31.03.2009 - 22:45
Fhuesc

Written by Janne on 31.03.2009 at 22:23

It's just fun..

Watch this video and tell me if you see those metalheads having fun.
----
Until victory, always!
31.03.2009 - 23:12
Janne
Hugin
Written by Fhuesc on 31.03.2009 at 22:45

It's just fun..

They were so shocked they cannot react No seriously, those men weren't enjoy even Downfall either..
----
age]

-FOLK METAL HUNGARY-
01.04.2009 - 01:36
VPeter

It's just fun..

After watching that I have to say I'm so ashamed that I used to like them.....
01.04.2009 - 04:01
Doc G.
Full Grown Hoser

It's just fun..

Thats the worst argument you could have used. First of all, it looks like it was recorded on someones cell phone camera, so the quality doesn't really show past 5 feet. Secondly, look how far back that is, of course the people at the back aren't going crazy, generally the people hanging at the back only have a slight interest in the band if any at all. Show me a video of the people at the front being bored, then I'll believe you.

It is for fun, and I can appreciate a band that has a sense of humour, makes things interesting.
----
- George Carlin