Metal Storm logo
Homosexuality

Original post

Posted by , 04.09.2007 - 00:51
There was a thread about this a long time ago, but it was locked due to the people posting there being incompetent. This is a very touchy subject, I know, but I want people to at least attempt to act in a civilized matter when discussing this. Flamewars are forbidden, and anyone attempting to start a flamewar will be doused in a chemical bath. With all of this out of the way, let's discuss our views on this subject.

Personally, I have no quarrels with someone being gay, or even bisexual for that matter. To each his own. They are not the monsters that religions make them out to be. They walk, talk, and think just like anyone else, and they have a great plethora of ideas to contribute to society. They are also just as intelligent as everyone else, and they have the same concerns and worries as any other person. As a real life example, my mother's hair dresser (who is also my hair dresser, which explains why my hair is so beautiful) is gay, but he is quite the upstanding fellow, and is quite intelligent. In short, I greatly respect the gay community and I wish to see them claim the same rights as everyone else.

Discussion starts... now.
17.01.2009 - 12:53
Valentin B
Iconoclast
Written by Doc G. on 17.01.2009 at 10:29

Written by Ilham on 17.01.2009 at 10:25

Written by Doc G. on 17.01.2009 at 10:21

Hmmm, I may be wrong but I think it would be a lot harder for a man to openly admit hes gay than a woman.

I guess it depends on the man's way of dealing with the a lot more significant pressure people put on him.

I think society in general is just far more open to lesbians than gays. Maybe I'm just imagining it, but it could be perhaps because most of the bigotry is spearheaded by men.

yeah, there was one girl from germany too who admitted being a lesbian. you're totally right btw, i don't know how the situation is in the women's camp but typically guys are very much against gay dudes. i know of course girls who are against lesbians, but then again most guys i know are homophobic

what puzzles me is how do you tell if you're gay? is it like you wake up one morning and it dawns on you: damn! i actually don't like the other sex! or it's something you "know" all your life up until you admit it to yourself?
17.01.2009 - 14:17
Ilham
Giant robot
Written by Valentin B on 17.01.2009 at 12:53

yeah, there was one girl from germany too who admitted being a lesbian. you're totally right btw, i don't know how the situation is in the women's camp but typically guys are very much against gay dudes. i know of course girls who are against lesbians, but then again most guys i know are homophobic

what puzzles me is how do you tell if you're gay? is it like you wake up one morning and it dawns on you: damn! i actually don't like the other sex! or it's something you "know" all your life up until you admit it to yourself?

Try something, the opposite : when did you understand you were heterosexual ? Did you "know" it right from the start, like, from the womb that you were going to be a hetero sex machine, or did you just wake up one day and told yourself "I don't like the other sex"? When you think of that, you'll understand your question is stupid, and that the answer is not that simple.
17.01.2009 - 18:48
Slayer666

Written by Ilham on 17.01.2009 at 14:17

Try something, the opposite : when did you understand you were heterosexual ? Did you "know" it right from the start, like, from the womb that you were going to be a hetero sex machine, or did you just wake up one day and told yourself "I don't like the other sex"? When you think of that, you'll understand your question is stupid, and that the answer is not that simple.

The question is not even a bit stupid. How do you decide to be gay? What influences you to do it? And when do you finnaly make it "official"? I just don't get it.
17.01.2009 - 18:51
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Slayer666 on 17.01.2009 at 18:48

The question is not even a bit stupid. How do you decide to be gay? What influences you to do it? And when do you finnaly make it "official"? I just don't get it.

Me to, when I was born I know I gonna like girls, i even I didndt understand why but in age when I shood understand I neve rlook at guys only girls IMO ist gens
----
Life is to short for LOVE, there is many great things to do online !!!

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
17.01.2009 - 18:55
Slayer666

Written by Bad English on 17.01.2009 at 18:51

Written by Slayer666 on 17.01.2009 at 18:48

Me to, when I was born I know I gonna like girls, i even I didndt understand why but in age when I shood understand I neve rlook at guys only girls IMO ist gens

Haha, gens! That would be about right.
17.01.2009 - 19:42
Valentin B
Iconoclast
Written by Blood Red Moon on 17.01.2009 at 19:27

I think he means how little kids flirt with the opposite sex. How little boys tease little girls and say they have "cooties" and everything, it's all flirting. As a child do you flirt with little girls? Or did after puberty you just realize that girls turned you on?

hmm.. i didn't think of that when i posed the question, but you still have a valid point. i wasn't too clear, i wanted to say not something you "know" but something you feel, like an instinct or something, that you aren't attracted by the other gender which builds up and builds up inside of you until one day you admit it to yourself.. well guess that's kind of the way it's done now that i realize it lol the other way i mentioned isn't really realistic lol.. no-one wakes up one day and says: "AH-HAAAA!! that's IT! I'm GAY!"... well except for Gaahl of course
17.01.2009 - 20:56
Ilham
Giant robot
Quote:

I think he means how little kids flirt with the opposite sex. How little boys tease little girls and say they have "cooties" and everything, it's all flirting. As a child do you flirt with little girls? Or did after puberty you just realize that girls turned you on?

I refuse to discuss my own experience. I'm talking generally here.
Knowing what sex attracts you is a process, a long process, for everyone, conscious or unconscious. I think you are not looking at the right direction. This "realising" thing depends on the individual.
And what I really don't like about heterosexuals is that they don't admit they had to undergo the same process as the homosexuals, consciously, or not.
It's as if you were asking me when I realised I prefer beans over carrots, and only to me be because I prefer beans over carrots, while you wouldn't ask a heterosexual person the same question. I hope I've been clear on that. I don't like repeating myself.
Everyone undergoes the same sexual identity finding process. Everyone. All of you. It's just that some people take another path.
17.01.2009 - 21:21
Ilham
Giant robot
Written by Blood Red Moon on 17.01.2009 at 21:13

I know what you're talking about, I was just trying to rephrase Valentin B's question.

Ok, sorry. Just wanted to make things clear. I hate that unilateral point of view, as if heterosexuals never had to build themselves a sexual identity, never had doubts, or anything that could lead them to another path than the one they have taken.
And just to precise things, I'm not just a lesbian. I consider myself heterosexual as well. Just depends on what is going on in my head. Don't call me bi though, because I'm never attracted by both sides at the same time.

I messed up the carrots and raisins part, lol. Mind correcting the quote in your post for me? I edited the original post, it's correct now.
18.01.2009 - 01:47
Dangerboner
Lactation Cnslt
Quote:
Written by Ilham on 17.01.2009 at 20:56

Knowing what sex attracts you is a process, a long process, for everyone, conscious or unconscious.

lol nah not for me - I wanted to hump my Kindergarten teacher tbh
19.01.2009 - 23:14
Slayer666

Quote:
Hmm.. i didn't think of that when i posed the question, but you still have a valid point. i wasn't too clear, i wanted to say not something you "know" but something you feel, like an instinct or something, that you aren't attracted by the other gender which builds up and builds up inside of you until one day you admit it to yourself.. well guess that's kind of the way it's done now that i realize it lol the other way i mentioned isn't really realistic lol.. no-one wakes up one day and says: "AH-HAAAA!! that's IT! I'm GAY!"... well except for Gaahl of course

HEY! Leave Gaahl alone! The guy is cool. even though he's gay. A shame, really. Although, I think it's more of a marketing trick.... There is no bad publicity.
20.01.2009 - 18:10
Ilham
Giant robot
Written by Slayer666 on 19.01.2009 at 23:14

HEY! Leave Gaahl alone! The guy is cool. even though he's gay. A shame, really. Although, I think it's more of a marketing trick.... There is no bad publicity.

"The guys is cool even though he's gay". Hmm. Is homosexuality is incompatible with "being cool"? Is it a shame ? I'm just thinking ...it's not a very nice way to defend someone you happen to like.

Maybe you think being gay doesn't go well with playing Black Metal. But when you think of it, some of the greatest anti-Christian personalities were gay. Take Francis Bacon (the artist, not the philosopher). What do you think?
20.01.2009 - 18:36
Slayer666

Written by Ilham on 20.01.2009 at 18:10

"The guys is cool even though he's gay". Hmm. Is homosexuality is incompatible with "being cool"? Is it a shame ? I'm just thinking ...it's not a very nice way to defend someone you happen to like

Ok, so there are two questions here. The answer to both is yes.
No, it's not a nice way, I know. But I don't like Gaahl as a person, I like him as a.... well, a musician. You don't see me saying Gorgoroth is crap, do you?
20.01.2009 - 18:45
Ilham
Giant robot
Written by Slayer666 on 20.01.2009 at 18:36

No, it's not a nice way, I know. But I don't like Gaahl as a person, I like him as a.... well, a musician. You don't see me saying Gorgoroth is crap, do you?

Honestly, I wouldn't care if you said Gorgoroth was crap because I really don't give a damn about that band, and about Gaahl himself. Just wanted to know If I did understand what I read.
You forgot one question, but the answers to the two first ones already tell me I shouldn't expect anything interesting from the third one.
20.01.2009 - 18:51
Slayer666

Written by Ilham on 20.01.2009 at 18:45

Honestly, I wouldn't care if you said Gorgoroth was crap because I really don't give a damn about that band, and about Gaahl himself. Just wanted to know If I did understand what I read.
You forgot one question, but the answers to the two first ones already tell me I shouldn't expect anything interesting from the third one.

That's just not true! I didn't forget about it, I just don't know who that guy is. Bottom line, I didn't answer that one on purpose.
I get the feeling you are not too fond of me.
20.01.2009 - 19:28
Valentin B
Iconoclast

"The guys is cool even though he's gay". Hmm. Is homosexuality is incompatible with "being cool"? Is it a shame ? I'm just thinking ...it's not a very nice way to defend someone you happen to like

lolol being gay means you're not cool? and it's a shame to be gay? you have 5 seconds before rob halford himself sodomizes you with his nostradamus-staff. 5...4...

you're forgetting that people never choose to be "uncool gays".. well like i said Gaahl is exempt from the rule because he's obviously doing it for the attention.
20.01.2009 - 21:02
Slayer666

Written by Valentin B on 20.01.2009 at 19:28

lolol being gay means you're not cool? and it's a shame to be gay? you have 5 seconds before rob halford himself sodomizes you with his nostradamus-staff. 5...4...

you're forgetting that people never choose to be "uncool gays".. well like i said Gaahl is exempt from the rule because he's obviously doing it for the attention.

I don't even know where I am right now, after Rob Halford sodomizing me. and you are giving me lectures?!?!
20.01.2009 - 21:19
Valentin B
Iconoclast
Written by Slayer666 on 20.01.2009 at 21:02

Written by Valentin B on 20.01.2009 at 19:28

I don't even know where I am right now, after Rob Halford sodomizing me. and you are giving me lectures?!?!

well, this is metalstorm, and i am 4 years older than you, so yes, i am entitled to give you lectures

in all honesty though, in the following years which pretty much shape you as and adult, try not to follow the "gay = bad" trend. it's old and lame and does no good to our society...
20.01.2009 - 21:43
Ilham
Giant robot
Written by Slayer666 on 20.01.2009 at 18:51

That's just not true! I didn't forget about it, I just don't know who that guy is. Bottom line, I didn't answer that one on purpose.

That could be a good opportunity to discover who he is then, Wikipedia can help you do that in five minutes.

Don't think you can have my respect with such opinions. Especially when you're that young. That makes me think, there are two options for your future you are either going to:
- change your mind about this with time
- or, worst scenario : grow up with the same mentality, which would naturally, with the time passing on, make it even more rigid. And this scares me a lot for yourself, and the people you will meet and live with.

Plus, dear, just a piece of advice for the future and your 100% heterosexual, manly image : being even just a little homophobic can scare girls away. Then you'd be left with only old homosexual guys around you. You don't want that do you ?

Oh, and, I do guys as well you know, and well, I'd never let someone like you enter my bed. Too bad huh? .

And finally, what can I say? I'm awesome, über-cool and gay as well. I'm the living proof you're wrong .
20.01.2009 - 21:58
X-Ray Rod
Skandino
Written by Ilham on 20.01.2009 at 21:43

Plus, dear, just an advice for the future and your 100% heterosexual, manly image : being even just a little homophobic can scare girls away. Then you'd be left with only old homosexual guys around you. You don't want that do you ?

That was exactly what I was going to say. o__Ó
I think most of the girls are really open-mided when it comes to homosexuality,
Well... Maybe open-mided isn't the right word since it doesn't apply all of them but they certainly don't give a fuck about the subject as much as many guys do.
Now... I don't want to defend that kind of behavior but it's still understandable why a lot of guys feel that way when it comes to gays. That really sucks though and I don't see how they want to look masculine by showing that kind of actitude.

So.. For the little guy, I'll give the same advice as the others: Just calm down and open your eyes a little bit.
----
Written by BloodTears on 19.08.2011 at 18:29
Like you could kiss my ass
Written by Milena on 20.06.2012 at 10:49
Rod, let me love you.
20.01.2009 - 22:05
Valentin B
Iconoclast
Written by X-Ray Rod on 20.01.2009 at 21:58

So.. For the little guy, I'll give the same advice as the others: Just calm down and open your eyes a little bit.

LOL

welcome to metalstorm, the only place on the internet where as long as you're 2 years older you can condescend just about everyone

lol, only joking. i do agree with the fact that being anti-gay isn't really a flexing-your-muscles kind of attitude, but i wouldn't have put it so harshly as Panzer did. a little variation won't ruin anything though
20.01.2009 - 22:15
Ilham
Giant robot
Written by Valentin B on 20.01.2009 at 22:05

welcome to metalstorm, the only place on the internet where as long as you're 2 years older you can condescend just about everyone

That's exactly what you're doing with him. And that's what I'm doing with you. But I'm doing this because I'm better.

EDIT: There's a joke in this post.
20.01.2009 - 22:19
Slayer666

Written by Ilham on 20.01.2009 at 21:43

Written by Slayer666 on 20.01.2009 at 18:51

That could be a good opportunity to discover who he is then, Wikipedia can help you do that in five minutes.

Don't think you can have my respect with such opinions. Especially when you're that young. That makes me think, there are two options for your future you are either going to:
- change your mind about this with time
- or, worst scenario : grow up with the same mentality, which would naturally, with the time passing on, make it even more rigid. And this scares me a lot for yourself, and the people you will meet and live with.

Plus, dear, just a piece of advice for the future and your 100% heterosexual, manly image : being even just a little homophobic can scare girls away. Then you'd be left with only old homosexual guys around you. You don't want that do you ?

Oh, and, I do guys as well you know, and well, I'd never let someone like you enter my bed. Too bad huh? .

And finally, what can I say? I'm awesome, über-cool and gay as well. I'm the living proof you're wrong .

Jessus Christ! You wrote an entire essey to answer something that's so obviosly a joke!
No, not too bad. It's actually a blessing. I don't think I would ever even consider being with someone who takes stuff written on freakin' forums so seriously. It tells a lot about your personality, and quite frankly, I just can't stand people who must always be right about everything and are so god damn sensitive.
Before I write anything I might regret, I'm goind to shut up.
20.01.2009 - 22:33
Slayer666

Written by Ilham on 20.01.2009 at 22:23

Written by Slayer666 on 20.01.2009 at 22:19

Jessus Christ! You wrote an entire essey to answer something that's so obviosly a joke!
No, not too bad. It's actually a blessing. I don't think I would ever even consider being with someone who takes stuff written on freakin' forums so seriously. It tells a lot about your personality, and quite frankly, I just can't stand people who must always be right about everything and are so god damn sensitive.
Before I write anything I might regret, I'm goind to shut up.

You're telling me about humour and jokes. Lear to detect sarcasm and bitch mode as well. But please, do tell what you have in mind, I'm curious.
And, you know I'm right. .

No, better if I shut up. It's nothing too smart, trust me. What smart thing can come out of a 100% dumb heterosexual Neanderthal such as myself?
Untill my last post, they were jokes. ON my last post, I'm serious as hell.
Either I am exremley stupid or hot-headed, but I still think you are not right.
20.01.2009 - 22:57
X-Ray Rod
Skandino
Written by Valentin B on 20.01.2009 at 22:05

Dude... I've have been in more extreme situations. In another forum I was crowned "The king of the kamasutra" but I'm still a virgin. It was really funny XD...

The "little boy" is just a way to talk... nothing really serious about the age.
----
Written by BloodTears on 19.08.2011 at 18:29
Like you could kiss my ass
Written by Milena on 20.06.2012 at 10:49
Rod, let me love you.
20.01.2009 - 23:00
-tom-
Mr FancyPants
This thread is now about hassling 14 year olds about throwaway comments made as a joke.

Move along people. Move along.
----
"This rudderless world is not shaped my metaphysical forces. It is not God who kills the children. Not fate that butchers them or destiny that feeds them to the dogs. It's us. Only us"

Read Watchmen.
20.01.2009 - 23:02
Slayer666

Written by Ilham on 20.01.2009 at 22:49

Written by Slayer666 on 20.01.2009 at 22:33

No, better if I shut up. It's nothing too smart, trust me. What smart thing can come out of a 100% dumb heterosexual Neanderthal such as myself?
Untill my last post, they were jokes. ON my last post, I'm serious as hell.
Either I am exremley stupid or hot-headed, but I still think you are not right.

Aww, playing the victim now. Don't give me that, I'm going to cry.

Anyway, now, as you said they were jokes, would you mind telling us what you really think about the subject?

Playing the victim? Hardly. That's how you, and probably 95% of the Metal Storm commutnity sees me. The thing is, I really don't care. My interest in this disscusion has just dropped from "low" to "about as low as it can possibly get".
I wouldn't mind. I think being gay isn't cool because it's not natural, but who am I to judge? That's the short version.
BTW : Playing the good guy (girl) now?
21.01.2009 - 06:30
nana.MD
Star-Queen
Written by Ilham on 17.01.2009 at 10:25

Written by Doc G. on 17.01.2009 at 10:21

Hmmm, I may be wrong but I think it would be a lot harder for a man to openly admit hes gay than a woman.

I guess it depends on the man's way of dealing with the a lot more significant pressure people put on him.

uhmm well i think it depends alot of society too...even though it's getting quite often to hear about homosexuality it's still a tabu in several places or in some families...i've got two gay friends that had a lot of problems with their dads when they came out, moms & sisters understood better...
----
Live how you want just don't feed on me, if you doubt what I say I will make you believe...
21.01.2009 - 07:05
Vesperal

Written by Ilham on 20.01.2009 at 23:31

Written by -tom- on 20.01.2009 at 23:00

This thread is now about hassling 14 year olds about throwaway comments made as a joke.

What can I say? I'm a really bad seed.
By the way, I hardly read your signature, but I saw two words that interest me : "sex" and "music". What is it about? I like both. Oh sorry, off-topic.

I've just thought about something, a difficult (or not, depends) situation if it happened to any of us, and I'd like to have your opinions. What if your girlfriend, or boyfriend, just broke up with you because they think they no longer feel good with being with the opposite sex? How would you take it?

At least that would be less worst than having a gf/bf cheating on you with someone else of the same sex.
21.01.2009 - 09:53
Valentin B
Iconoclast
Written by Ilham on 20.01.2009 at 23:31

I've just thought about something, a difficult (or not, depends) situation if it happened to any of us, and I'd like to have your opinions. What if your girlfriend, or boyfriend, just broke up with you because they think they no longer feel good with being with the opposite sex? How would you take it?

it might just be a huge blow to my self-esteem kidding.. well as long as she and i are unable to make ammends who cares what she does?
21.01.2009 - 09:59
Slayer666

Written by -tom- on 20.01.2009 at 23:00

Was that supposed to be funny? It wasn't, by the way.