Metal Storm logo
Homosexuality

Original post

Posted by Account deleted, 04.09.2007 - 00:51
There was a thread about this a long time ago, but it was locked due to the people posting there being incompetent. This is a very touchy subject, I know, but I want people to at least attempt to act in a civilized matter when discussing this. Flamewars are forbidden, and anyone attempting to start a flamewar will be doused in a chemical bath. With all of this out of the way, let's discuss our views on this subject.

Personally, I have no quarrels with someone being gay, or even bisexual for that matter. To each his own. They are not the monsters that religions make them out to be. They walk, talk, and think just like anyone else, and they have a great plethora of ideas to contribute to society. They are also just as intelligent as everyone else, and they have the same concerns and worries as any other person. As a real life example, my mother's hair dresser (who is also my hair dresser, which explains why my hair is so beautiful) is gay, but he is quite the upstanding fellow, and is quite intelligent. In short, I greatly respect the gay community and I wish to see them claim the same rights as everyone else.

Discussion starts... now.
15.11.2007 - 00:53
Bararey
Winter is Coming
elite
Written by Sunioj on 14.11.2007 at 19:41

many people's sexual drives are played down because of the strict laws of courting and interaction between the two sexes. And this sometimes leads to guys experimenting what they can't do with women, with guys.

I couldn't agree with you more, in Kuwait we have an area called Jahra, many of the guys there are "dangerous" there is a lot of kidnapping young boys and raping them. And one theory was as you stated the strict segregation between the two sexes.

When the Iraq war first started a friend's brother was enlisted and stationed in Kuwait, and he said that one of the warnings they had is to not accept any rides with locals, and I guess that explains it.
----
"Rhaegar fought valiantly, Rhaegar fought nobly, Rhaegar fought honorably. And Rhaegar died."
Ser Jorah Mormont
17.11.2007 - 22:51
Replicant
Written by Oracle on 21.10.2007 at 03:25

Im cool with homosexuality. i mean its the persons choice if the want to be gay or not. no one should stop them. a few of my friends are gay or lesbian and it doesnt bother me because they are still the same person. i mean ive been friends with them before i found out they were gay and it didnt bother me one bit.

Yeah, incorrect. It's not a choice heh. You can't just say "i want to be gay" and will all suddenly be attracted to the same-sex and no longer from the opposite. Why don't you try it out and see if I'm right?
17.11.2007 - 23:04
Oracle
Orcinus
Written by Replicant on 17.11.2007 at 22:51

Written by Oracle on 21.10.2007 at 03:25

Im cool with homosexuality. i mean its the persons choice if the want to be gay or not. no one should stop them. a few of my friends are gay or lesbian and it doesnt bother me because they are still the same person. i mean ive been friends with them before i found out they were gay and it didnt bother me one bit.

Yeah, incorrect. It's not a choice heh. You can't just say "i want to be gay" and will all suddenly be attracted to the same-sex and no longer from the opposite. Why don't you try it out and see if I'm right?

Its not a case of just saying that though. You can be straight and become attracted to someone of the same sex. Its just a matter of meeting that person, and if you CHOOSE you can live your life that way or not. It is a choice, however, for alot of people, this has been their way for as long as they know. Its entirely on the person and their feelings, nothing is incorrect.
17.11.2007 - 23:40
Replicant
Well, you can choose to live your life however you want sure, but does choosing not to act on (e.g.) homosexual desires make you not homosexual? In my opinion, it does not. Though in relation to the rest of your post, I know for sure about being straight and then being attracted to someone of the same sex out of the blue, as this indeed happened with a girl I know, who considers herself straight but she just happened to get this one real connection with this other girl and they were happy together for quite a long time. Sexuality cannot always be defined so neatly as straight bi or gay. However I don't really think there's a choice still - you can't choose who and what attracts you and you are what you are.
20.11.2007 - 01:44
APOHAKC
The Bard
Written by Guest on 14.11.2007 at 18:49

Written by APOHAKC on 04.09.2007 at 01:32

Third, we are suffering from white plague, even fool knows that they can't have kids, and with so low natality the last thing we need is a lot of homosexuals who can't give anything to society in that matter, they can't have kids, and one one couples of male homosexuals, and one couple of female could give at least 3-4 healthy babies.

I'm afraid I don't quite understand what white plague means....

Mortality I think...
----
They say that we are gone but I can't let you down
The heathen faith will rise again we won't fail now
I know we cannot die forever is our time
Give my people back to me free from Christianity!!!!
20.11.2007 - 01:53
bucky01403
Account deleted
Doesn't bother me a bit. Although I do hate the "I was born gay" crap.
20.11.2007 - 02:08
APOHAKC
The Bard
Everyone does..
----
25.11.2007 - 14:03
Hyvaarin
Written by Guest on 20.11.2007 at 01:53

Why? Research has overwhelmingly shown that it (being "born" gay) is true.
----
"Summoned By Words Never Spoken Before..."
28.11.2007 - 20:18
Queen Of Hippies
Account deleted
Written by Hyvaarin on 25.11.2007 at 14:03

Written by Guest on 20.11.2007 at 01:53

Why? Research has overwhelmingly shown that it (being "born" gay) is true.

True. Some people even come to life while not having a definite gender, and thus, have trouble identifying to one of the two genders, and developing a sexual orientation. It's called "XXY syndrome" or Klinefelter syndrome.
But the "born" homosexual thing, when you don't have any special physical deformation does exist. There are people who have always wanted to be/felt as if they were the opposite gender, and this could start inside the mother's uterus already.
28.11.2007 - 20:28
Queen Of Hippies
Account deleted
Written by -tom- on 16.10.2007 at 12:56

Written by APOHAKC on 09.09.2007 at 04:25

And yes, it pose threat to me, I don't want to spent an hour of my evening explaining to some guy that I actually don't want his cock in my ass.

Written by Ernis on 09.09.2007 at 21:24

Just to say to those people who say that gays don't hurt anyone....sorry but if a horny gay comes and starts to hit on you and is willing to beat the shit out of you if you refuse to please him then this is bad.....

Yes, and I'm sure these are regular, everyday occurences.

Idiots.

This is not specific to gay people. Ask some women and you'll understand what I'm talking about.
28.11.2007 - 21:28
Deus Ex Machina
@ Aronax - I don't want to be off topic, but you mentioned the term "White plague" referring to mortality. I thought that white plague is another term for tuberculosis. I'm not trying to make you sound like you don't know what you're talking about. It's just that if it's really used for mortality too I'd like to know, lol..I'm a sicko for knowing when to use every term you can imagine XD
29.11.2007 - 15:02
APOHAKC
The Bard
I can't say this in English, maybe Deus can translate it, Bela kuga se ovde koristi za izraz kada vise ljudi umre nego sto se rodi, bela kuga se ranije koristila za tuberkulozu dok je ova boles jos bila opasna po zivot i kad aje odnosila na hiljade istih, takodje, bela kugaj je koriscena i za sidu jedno kratko vreme u Africi.
----
29.11.2007 - 19:36
Deus Ex Machina
Oh I see now! And I asked my mom(lol, who else) cause i so never heard it. Seems there is a term "bijela kuga" (white plague)and that it's indeed used as a term for depopulation by moving out of the country or a high mortality rate.
Thanks! Wonder how I never knew this. And It's also used that way in English.
18.04.2008 - 02:33
Dangerboner
Lactation Cnslt
I've never understood the concept of bisexuality. So, do bisexuals only put half their dick inside another guy's ass
18.04.2008 - 03:21
Insineratehymn
Account deleted
Written by Dangerboner on 18.04.2008 at 02:33

I've never understood the concept of bisexuality. So, do bisexuals only put half their dick inside another guy's ass

LOL

Actually, bisexuality is defined like this (from Wikipedia):
Quote:
Bisexuality is a sexual orientation which refers to the romantic and/or sexual attraction of individuals to others of both genders (socially) or sexes (biologically). Most bisexuals are not equally attracted to men and women and may even shift between states of finding either gender or sex exclusively attractive over the course of time. However, some bisexuals are and remain fairly static in their level of attraction throughout their adult life.
21.04.2008 - 02:54
Achromatic
I see absolutely nothing wrong with homosexuality in the first place.
gay marriage is also legal here, so, i guess even if i did i'd had to have adjusted at some point or another.

but either way, i have many friends with same sex preference, or those who are bi, and theyre just like any of my other friends. i dont understand how anyone could pick a bad tone on someone else's preference. naturally, if someone was murdered for their sexual preference, its about as stupid as killing someone with a seperate skin colour for purposes of racism, or even someone with a different hair colour. To me, it just doesnt make fucking sense, and ive had to deal with it too long that many of my friends have just been through so much shit because some inconsiderate religious assholes think they can use the bible to back them up on harming people with a seperate sexual preference.

anyways.

ive also kind of been trained to try and look at things through different perspectives. for example, i recall in english class we had been assigned a debate, about same sex couples. unfortunately, i was to be on the side suggesting that, well, anyone homosexual is nothing but a harm to our civilization. but i find a lot of the time it just ends up going into religion, and then the whole thing of procreation and such. i as a nihilist, was yet again forced into the whole act of using 'God' in my debate.

but hey, i got a good mark.

now whether its choice or not is a seperate issue. but in my eyes; if it is a choice, its THEIR choice. key point. not anyone elses.
if its not their choice, yet again, same as skin colour or birth place/parents.

another thing is though, if you dont like what someone else is doing in due to their sexuality, its not like you have to participate or anything. let it be ffs.
21.04.2008 - 21:06
Deadgirl
I've pretty much been surrounded by homosexuality for most of my life. I have several gay relatives (an aunt and some cousins) and I have been close to them since I was a kid. In fact, in the case of my aunt, I've been raised recognizing her partner as my aunt as well, so I never really had a second thought about that. The odd thing is that I also come from a pretty redneck/hick background (luckily I'm the "black sheep" of the family)... When I was a child, I didn't notice it as much, but I see so much tension because of it now -- it's kind of ridiculous.
Other than that, my mother used to take me to a church in which the choirmaster and one of the bass singers was gay (both were very nice. The choirmaster helped me practice the piano and eventually gave me lessons on how to play the pipe organ), and my parents have all kinds of friends who are as well.

But anyway... Maybe based on all that, my parents had inadvertently brought me up to be accepting... Which is a good thing, cause now I am the person to whom all my gay friends come out. XD
I think my father has a pretty good attitude for someone who doesn't support it though, the same stance he takes with me regarding black/death metal and piercings and such: Just because I don't approve of what you're doing, it doesn't mean that I can't respect you. In my case, my aunt is still going to be my aunt and still going to be my father's sister no matter what anyone does, so there is no reason to be sore over it.
----
Remember that you are mortal.
22.04.2008 - 13:36
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
EU stop gay and lesbian anti-discrimination program, so now all who discrimnate tham can do it leagal and wont be punsihed its good step forvard,
----
I stand whit Ukraine and Israel. They have right to defend own citizens.

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
22.04.2008 - 13:39
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
elite
Written by Bad English on 22.04.2008 at 13:36

EU stop gay and lesbian anti-discrimination program, so now all who discrimnate tham can do it leagal and wont be punsihed its good step forvard,

Stopping the anti-discrimination programme is a step backwards. What's next? Discriminating everyone with long hair?
----
Member of the true crusade against European Flower Metal

Yesterday is dead and gone, tomorrow is out of sight
Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

22.04.2008 - 13:45
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 22.04.2008 at 13:39

Written by Bad English on 22.04.2008 at 13:36

Stopping the anti-discrimination programme is a step backwards. What's next? Discriminating everyone with long hair?

It was ironic post man, but sorry in Swe one woman didnt give lil' kitten to woman who was lesbian(not because of it but because she hasnt perfect place for it) and she shood pay a lot of crones punsihment money and loose job, thats stupid, if she was streight orianyeded woman there wont be scandal
Im against discrimiation, but such think shood not be like possession
----

apos;'
[image]
23.04.2008 - 13:43
Bitter Dawn
Ave Sathanas!
It depends on the matter in which guys carry out their homosexual actions - guys who cheat on their wives because they're too chickenshit to admit to themselves and others that they're actually gay are fucking shit. However, my neighbors are gay and they are very cool guys. You can't even really tell they're gay, especially since one drives an old Chevy' truck with a gutted engine bay that has been replaced with a 350/Corvette engine, owns a Doberman, likes to go out shooting and knows a good amount about cars and motorcycles.
23.04.2008 - 14:41
Replicant

And yes, it pose threat to me, I don't want to spent an hour of my evening explaining to some guy that I actually don't want his cock in my ass.

Just to say to those people who say that gays don't hurt anyone....sorry but if a horny gay comes and starts to hit on you and is willing to beat the shit out of you if you refuse to please him then this is bad.....

Pretty hilarious. Many guys don't see what the big deal is to hit on woman and keep bothering them, but when it's happening to them they find out it's not much fun. But do they learn from it? Apparently not.
25.04.2008 - 23:28
Deadgirl
Written by Replicant on 23.04.2008 at 14:41

Pretty hilarious. Many guys don't see what the big deal is to hit on woman and keep bothering them, but when it's happening to them they find out it's not much fun. But do they learn from it? Apparently not.

Ahaha. Very well said.

A horny gay man is no bigger threat to guys than a horny straight man is to girls. But that doesn't suddenly mean that heterosexuality poses a threat to me...
----
Remember that you are mortal.
27.04.2008 - 12:12
Smurfophagist
Every single gay person leading a public life in my country is shown like a total stereotype. They all talk funny, dance funny, dress funny, sing funny etc. For example, this show Big Brother (which I hate and truly despise, and I wish to die but they persistently make new seasons or episodes or whatever every single year ) had a gay dude in it. I was trying to avoid that show but they kept posting news about the gay dude on this website I go to. The gay dude calls himself a diva, jumps around like a retarded schoolgirl and grabs men's asses inside the house. By doing this he helps building this stupid stereotype about gay people, which is truly disgusting. Our country is homophobic as it is, this is just making things worse.
Anyway...
Gay people rule!
And can anyone tell me is Alexi Laiho really gay or is it just a myth?
----
Having a signature is an absolute must.
27.04.2008 - 14:00
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Smurfophagist on 27.04.2008 at 12:12

He was merrieged whit Sinergy singer Cimberly Gross so he isnt gay
----

apos;'
[image]
27.04.2008 - 16:56
Valentin B
Iconoclast
Written by Bad English on 27.04.2008 at 14:00

i reckon he's bisexual though. nothing wrong with that.
27.04.2008 - 16:59
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Valentin B on 27.04.2008 at 16:56

Written by Bad English on 27.04.2008 at 14:00

i reckon he's bisexual though. nothing wrong with that.

Its discusting man
----

apos;'
[image]
27.04.2008 - 21:26
Replicant

Every single gay person leading a public life in my country is shown like a total stereotype. They all talk funny, dance funny, dress funny, sing funny etc. For example, this show Big Brother (which I hate and truly despise, and I wish to die but they persistently make new seasons or episodes or whatever every single year ) had a gay dude in it. I was trying to avoid that show but they kept posting news about the gay dude on this website I go to. The gay dude calls himself a diva, jumps around like a retarded schoolgirl and grabs men's asses inside the house. By doing this he helps building this stupid stereotype about gay people, which is truly disgusting. Our country is homophobic as it is, this is just making things worse.
Anyway...
Gay people rule!

Of course. Normal people don't make good entertainment. Big Brother is a freak show.
27.04.2008 - 22:18
X-Ray Rod
Skandino
staff
I just... Don't give a fuck.
Seriously... Every person can do the whatever they want as far as they don't do nothing wrong to another person.

If a gay dude tell me that He is in love with me... of course that i'll be very astonished, but I will tell him with respect that I'm not gay.. as simple as that.
----
Written by BloodTears on 19.08.2011 at 18:29
Like you could kiss my ass
Written by Milena on 20.06.2012 at 10:49
Rod, let me love you.
29.06.2008 - 23:59
Dangerboner
Lactation Cnslt
Written by -tom- on 16.10.2007 at 12:56

Yes, and I'm sure these are regular, everyday occurences.

Idiots.

lol

But, obviously you've never been to gay pride week in Seattle.....or...like, a Wednesday in Seattle.