Metal Storm logo
Homosexuality

Original post

Posted by Account deleted, 04.09.2007 - 00:51
There was a thread about this a long time ago, but it was locked due to the people posting there being incompetent. This is a very touchy subject, I know, but I want people to at least attempt to act in a civilized matter when discussing this. Flamewars are forbidden, and anyone attempting to start a flamewar will be doused in a chemical bath. With all of this out of the way, let's discuss our views on this subject.

Personally, I have no quarrels with someone being gay, or even bisexual for that matter. To each his own. They are not the monsters that religions make them out to be. They walk, talk, and think just like anyone else, and they have a great plethora of ideas to contribute to society. They are also just as intelligent as everyone else, and they have the same concerns and worries as any other person. As a real life example, my mother's hair dresser (who is also my hair dresser, which explains why my hair is so beautiful) is gay, but he is quite the upstanding fellow, and is quite intelligent. In short, I greatly respect the gay community and I wish to see them claim the same rights as everyone else.

Discussion starts... now.
15.01.2009 - 19:41
Lucas
Mr. Noise
Elite
I just can't understand all the homo-hate here. What's the difference between a boy and a girl kissing in the park, and two boys kissing in the park? It's exactly the same thing, in my opinion. Why the hell are two boys kissing "gross"? When there are two girls kissing, it's all cool... :

I can't say I'm attracted by two men kissing, having sex or whatever, but I'm certainly not disgusted by it. What disgusts ME is all the baseless homophobia.
----
SLUDGE. DOOM. DEATH. Wait, what?

"The reason I'm running for president is because I can't be Bruce Springsteen." - Barack Obama
15.01.2009 - 19:48
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Lucas on 15.01.2009 at 19:41

I just can't understand all the homo-hate here. What's the difference between a boy and a girl kissing in the park, and two boys kissing in the park? It's exactly the same thing, in my opinion. Why the hell are two boys kissing "gross"? When there are two girls kissing, it's all cool... :

I can't say I'm attracted by two men kissing, having sex or whatever, but I'm certainly not disgusted by it. What disgusts ME is all the baseless homophobia.

Man we man are lil perv because when girls are kissing you start think 'how about jouning'' but guys you dont care,

I dunno % what people from what social classeshate gays, but iMO more % be those who hate colored people, some oter people, soem other city, some other etc its my opinium, because intelectual poeple wont attack and kill you if you support other team sane whit gays he wont attack to gays ,
----
I stand whit Ukraine and Israel. They have right to defend own citizens.

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
15.01.2009 - 19:50
Slayer666
Written by LeChron James on 15.01.2009 at 19:23

Written by Slayer666 on 15.01.2009 at 11:48

Dude, you HAVE to stop doing that shit!

stop doing what? poppin pills, smoking weed or listening to my friend tell me he's gay after engaging in the previous 2 acts or all of the above?

Well, the highest priority would certanly be to stop smoking weed. Pills are the next. And about that friend of yours, that's a matter of your choice, although I'd tell him to fuck off.
15.01.2009 - 19:56
LeChron James
Helvetesfossen
Written by Slayer666 on 15.01.2009 at 19:50

Well, the highest priority would certanly be to stop smoking weed. Pills are the next. And about that friend of yours, that's a matter of your choice, although I'd tell him to fuck off.

highest priority is to stop smokin the chronic before poppin pills huh? intriguing. i figured the order to be reversed. oh well.

as for my friend, picture yourself in my shoes. this is a guy i went to middle school with and who was my first friend at said middle school cuz i was new and all. and now he's revealing something that has clearly changed his life and has the faith and confidence that i wont judge him for it cuz i've known him for so long. now if a friend of yours that you have known for an equally long period of time came out to you while you were stoned, would you tell him to fuck off?
----
Kick Ass, Die Young

Less is More
Stay Pure
Stay Poor

Music was my life, music brought me to life and music is how I will be remembered long after I leave this life. When I die there will be a final waltz in my head that only I can hear.
15.01.2009 - 19:56
Slayer666

You can't employ logic and reason in this matter. Boys (what an expresion, I mean really, boys....) kissing boys IS pretty much the same as girls kissing girls, but I will always turn my head away from boys with feeling sick to my stomack. It's just the way it is, you can't reason with that. It's crap, I know, but it's simply like that.
15.01.2009 - 20:00
Slayer666
Written by LeChron James on 15.01.2009 at 19:56

Written by Slayer666 on 15.01.2009 at 19:50

highest priority is to stop smokin the chronic before poppin pills huh? intriguing. i figured the order to be reversed. oh well.

as for my friend, picture yourself in my shoes. this is a guy i went to middle school with and who was my first friend at said middle school cuz i was new and all. and now he's revealing something that has clearly changed his life and has the faith and confidence that i wont judge him for it cuz i've known him for so long. now if a friend of yours that you have known for an equally long period of time came out to you while you were stoned, would you tell him to fuck off?

Yes, I certanly would. But, that's just me, I'm a real bastard. And I didn't know the situation was quite like that. I'd try to reason with him by saying that guys don't have breasts.
15.01.2009 - 20:07
LeChron James
Helvetesfossen
Written by Slayer666 on 15.01.2009 at 20:00

Yes, I certanly would. But, that's just me, I'm a real bastard. And I didn't know the situation was quite like that. I'd try to reason with him by saying that guys don't have breasts.

...that guys dont have breasts? what? that doesn't even make sense. how does my friend have breasts because he's gay? and are you also telling me that you would tell your friend of going on 8 years to fuck off and potentially ruin your friendship with that person simply because he likes dudes? thats not being a bastard thats being a fuckin moron, but if thats how you feel about gay people, i cant change that.
----
Kick Ass, Die Young

Less is More
Stay Pure
Stay Poor

Music was my life, music brought me to life and music is how I will be remembered long after I leave this life. When I die there will be a final waltz in my head that only I can hear.
15.01.2009 - 20:19
Slayer666
Written by LeChron James on 15.01.2009 at 20:07

...that guys dont have breasts? what? that doesn't even make sense. how does my friend have breasts because he's gay? and are you also telling me that you would tell your friend of going on 8 years to fuck off and potentially ruin your friendship with that person simply because he likes dudes? thats not being a bastard thats being a fuckin moron, but if thats how you feel about gay people, i cant change that.

That's the point, they DON'T have 'em! 8 years? Damn, I might want to reconsider.... You know, that certanly gives you one less topic to talk about with him. I dunno, I thought he was not really a friend, more like a buddy. But, if you had a 8 years running together, I guess he deserves some measure of support from you. 8 years is a lot. Fuck, man I'm just glad I didn't need to deal with a situation like that,
15.01.2009 - 21:12
Zombie, M.D.
It's none of my business where anybody is sticking their wiener unless its inside my girlfriend. I'll go on the record and say I don't like gay culture though.
----
"I really screwed up this time." - Jeffery Dahmer
15.01.2009 - 23:26
Kap'N Korrupt
Account deleted
Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 15.01.2009 at 17:19

Written by Guest on 15.01.2009 at 05:41

...there are so many gays out there that probably aren't really gay...

There are way more heterosexuals (even married to women ones) out there that aren't really heterosexual

What're you implying Marcel? Or should I say...Marcie? (Insineratehymn said no flamewars so don't take it that way lol...jokes only)

Some of the comments on here are getting kinda...iffy though I guess...

@Dane: You'd have to be crying out for love with a mug like his...
15.01.2009 - 23:57
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Elite
Written by Slayer666 on 15.01.2009 at 19:56

You can't employ logic and reason in this matter.

Oh yes you can.
Boy kissing boy inpublic is just as gross as girl kissins girl in public as boy kissing girl in public. It is just showing affection for each other, which is perfectly NORMAL.
----
Member of the true crusade against European Flower Metal

Yesterday is dead and gone, tomorrow is out of sight
Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

16.01.2009 - 00:03
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Elite

I'd try to reason with him by saying that guys don't have breasts.

Mmmm, from this comment it seems you haven't been paying attention in Biology class, cause guys have as much breasts as women but just differently built and develeoped. Every single human being has breasts. You, me, the skimpy titless girl next door, and also the big breasted Playboy Bunny.
----
Member of the true crusade against European Flower Metal

Yesterday is dead and gone, tomorrow is out of sight
Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

16.01.2009 - 00:38
Dangerboner
Lactation Cnslt
Written by -tom- on 15.01.2009 at 14:40

Written by Dangerboner on 15.01.2009 at 06:56

Homosexuality is like listening to Trivium - I don't care if you do it but don't play it around me.

Why are straight people exempt from this rule? I don't think it's whether you're gay, straight or bi that's the issue here. If I was in a restuarant and the people on the next table were graphically talking about sex I would feel uncomfortable regardless of whether they were straight or gay.

Did you really think I was being serious? But anyways I never said straight people were exempt from the rule tbh.
16.01.2009 - 11:25
Slayer666
Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 15.01.2009 at 23:57

Written by Slayer666 on 15.01.2009 at 19:56

You can't employ logic and reason in this matter.

Oh yes you can.
Boy kissing boy inpublic is just as gross as girl kissins girl in public as boy kissing girl in public. It is just showing affection for each other, which is perfectly NORMAL.

Yes, yes, I know. Read the rest of the post. It's subconcious, When I see a guy kiss a guy, I sort of.... well, let's just say it bothers me. Not like I want to stop them or anything, it's their choice, but I would like that they stay away from me.
16.01.2009 - 16:31
-tom-
Mr FancyPants
Written by Blood Red Moon on 15.01.2009 at 20:27

I never said I had a problem with gay people. So I don't know who you are defending. I know that a majority of gay people aren't like that, that's MY point. You don't have to put on the show just because you are gay. Maybe it's completely different in the UK but when I go to school there are huge groups of feminine gay guys standing around everywhere. You can't base your arguements on your country/town alone. I live 4 hours from San Francisco, the gay capitol of the world, i've been there and I've seen them. They have parades all the time.

And I am being sensible, Gay people DO say that, not all, but the ones that do like to show it off. Everywhere I go I see a gay pride sticker in somebody's window or a gay pride flag hanging in front of their house. They have gay rights parades. I've heard stories of people with gay friends who were drinking or stoned and they come out and talk about their sexual experiences with other men openly. (straight people talk about their sexual experiences a lot, but I don't so I'm using it in my point) They do ALL of that stuff, so try to be a little sensible here.

I never said I hated gay people, I just don't want to hear about it.

I didn't say you had a problem with gay people either. I'm not really defending them. I'm not concerned with taking sides but I just think that your post wasn't very representative of my experiences of gay people.

What is wrong with "putting it on show" as you call it? It really doesn't seem any different from showing that you're a metal fan by wearing a metal t-shirt.

I don't see what's wrong with anything you've described in your second paragraph. I suppose talking about sex openly is considered bad etiquette but it seems fine to discuss this stuff with friends and i don't think anyone's being forced to listen to graphic anecdotes about gay sex.

On a somewhat related note, i think "gay pride" is a bit of a misnomer. It's not about Pride, it's about not being ashamed of being gay and seeing as general acceptance of homosexuality is fairly new then it's still relevant.

There was no personal attack in my post. You can read it again and see for yourself. I'm just putting in my point of view and granted I'm not familiar with the ways of the gay scene around the world but I've been to gay clubs plenty of times and talked to a few gay people who have been on the scene, so to speak, for up to 20 years so I can form some sort of opinion.

Written by Dangerboner on 16.01.2009 at 00:38

Did you really think I was being serious? But anyways I never said straight people were exempt from the rule tbh.

I presumed it was a humourous analogy but meant seriously.

If it was meant seriously it seemed safe to assume that by mentioning homosexuality instead of any public display of affection you were drawing a distinction between the two.
----
"This rudderless world is not shaped my metaphysical forces. It is not God who kills the children. Not fate that butchers them or destiny that feeds them to the dogs. It's us. Only us"

Read Watchmen.
16.01.2009 - 16:34
-tom-
Mr FancyPants
----
"This rudderless world is not shaped my metaphysical forces. It is not God who kills the children. Not fate that butchers them or destiny that feeds them to the dogs. It's us. Only us"

Read Watchmen.
16.01.2009 - 17:05
Hamird
Lieutenant
Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 16.01.2009 at 00:03

Mmmm, from this comment it seems you haven't been paying attention in Biology class, cause guys have as much breasts as women but just differently built and develeoped. Every single human being has breasts. You, me, the skimpy titless girl next door, and also the big breasted Playboy Bunny.

I think the Slayer dude means boobs. Men have breast.. But those breasts are totally different from what Jenna Jameson has.
And well, I personally prefer a girl's tits rather than a boy's woolly breasts..
16.01.2009 - 17:09
Valentin B
Iconoclast
Written by -tom- on 16.01.2009 at 16:34

http://img58.imageshack.us/img58/4883/zzzzzwb2.jpg

I lol'd

hahaha

just for the record: THIS IMAGE IS SAFE FOR WORK!
16.01.2009 - 22:55
Slayer666
Written by Hamird on 16.01.2009 at 17:05

Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 16.01.2009 at 00:03

I think the Slayer dude means boobs. Men have breast.. But those breasts are totally different from what Jenna Jameson has.
And well, I personally prefer a girl's tits rather than a boy's woolly breasts..

Finnaly someone who understands! Thank you, dude!
16.01.2009 - 23:28
nana.MD
Star-Queen
...i was discussing about this topic today at work, i dont have problems with homosexuality or such but i think they argue alot about respect and discrimination and they should start with an example about it, sometimes they are rejected because of their own fault...opening gay bars and exclusive places is an example...another thing is i think they like to have alot of attention, it's like my brother says: "i don't care if they make parades, riots or whatever but what's their point? im not out there shouting im straight"
----
Live how you want just don't feed on me, if you doubt what I say I will make you believe...
16.01.2009 - 23:58
Valentin B
Iconoclast
Written by nana.MD on 16.01.2009 at 23:28

...i was discussing about this topic today at work, i dont have problems with homosexuality or such but i think they argue alot about respect and discrimination and they should start with an example about it, sometimes they are rejected because of their own fault...opening gay bars and exclusive places is an example...another thing is i think they like to have alot of attention, it's like my brother says: "i don't care if they make parades, riots or whatever but what's their point? im not out there shouting im straight"

well like tom says, and i agree with him, there are many people who flaunt their heterosexuality in other ways, like having sex in public places or something lol.
17.01.2009 - 00:03
Doc G.
Full Grown Hoser
Staff
Written by Blood Red Moon on 16.01.2009 at 20:10

Written by -tom- on 16.01.2009 at 16:31

What is wrong with "putting it on show" as you call it? It really doesn't seem any different from showing that you're a metal fan by wearing a metal t-shirt.

Because their gay right parades, and open gay pride puts most people off of gay culture in the first place, it completely defeats the purpose. Most people just don't want to HEAR about it. But the people consistently rubbing it in your face and, yes, putting on a show, as my brother started to do after he came out are just digging up sore feelings about gay culture.

Well, I think the original idea for the whole gay pride celebration was not bad in itself, it was more just a way of showing certain people they're not alone, but it got blown out of proportion as these things tend to do....
----
"I got a lot of really good ideas, problem is, most of them suck."
- George Carlin
17.01.2009 - 00:14
nana.MD
Star-Queen
...oh yes i agree there's alot of ppl that like to show up and do weird stuff in public, not only homosexuals lol...i really dont care if they want to shout out their sexual preference as long if it doesnt offend anybody else...
...yep that was the original idea for those parades and stuff but in my country there's been like riots and they've also walked over the streets naked yelling for respect, that's when it starts to affect others, ppl are trying to get home/work/whatever and schedules are messed up...that's when i don't get the point of such celebrations...
----
Live how you want just don't feed on me, if you doubt what I say I will make you believe...
17.01.2009 - 07:46
Doc G.
Full Grown Hoser
Staff
Written by Blood Red Moon on 17.01.2009 at 04:00

There are other ways for them to group and not feel alone. Like a gay forum for example. I am part of a forum for a rare disease that I have, so I can talk to other people with the same problem as I, such as problems they have and things they do to help it. It's the same thing, I don't run around saying "I'm diseased" and trying to be accepted for it.

I agree with you though, I'm sure that's how it generated and at this point has just become ridiculous and over blown.

Keep in mind it started before the internet. And unlike your disease its not an affliction or whatnot (I'm not sure the severity of your condition so I'm not sure if "affliction" would be the appropriate word, but I'm sure you understand where I'm coming from.)

I was actually talking a lesbian friend of mine while I was at work today and she explained to me that the whole gay pride thing starting out was not only way to show people they weren't alone, but to also show bigots and such that it was not just some rare freak thing, and that being gay was a fairly common, normal thing. It worked as a double-edged sword I guess because it did help achieve that. At the same time the over-the-top shit with the whole gay pride thing gave some the impression that it was simply a lifestyle choice, which it is not.
----
- George Carlin
17.01.2009 - 08:05
Ilham
Giant robot
Just a simple question, is anyone homosexual here ? Could be interesting to discuss.
17.01.2009 - 09:40
Doc G.
Full Grown Hoser
Staff
Written by Ilham on 17.01.2009 at 08:05

Just a simple question, is anyone homosexual here ? Could be interesting to discuss.

There is, I guarantee it, no one will admit it though.
----
- George Carlin
17.01.2009 - 10:21
Doc G.
Full Grown Hoser
Staff
Written by Ilham on 17.01.2009 at 10:17

Written by Doc G. on 17.01.2009 at 09:40

Written by Ilham on 17.01.2009 at 08:05

There is, I guarantee it, no one will admit it though.

I am.

Hmmm, I may be wrong but I think it would be a lot harder for a man to openly admit hes gay than a woman.
----
- George Carlin
17.01.2009 - 10:25
Ilham
Giant robot
Written by Doc G. on 17.01.2009 at 10:21

Hmmm, I may be wrong but I think it would be a lot harder for a man to openly admit hes gay than a woman.

I guess it depends on the man's way of dealing with the a lot more significant pressure people put on him.
17.01.2009 - 10:29
Doc G.
Full Grown Hoser
Staff
Written by Ilham on 17.01.2009 at 10:25

I guess it depends on the man's way of dealing with the a lot more significant pressure people put on him.

I think society in general is just far more open to lesbians than gays. Maybe I'm just imagining it, but it could be perhaps because most of the bigotry is spearheaded by men.
----
- George Carlin
17.01.2009 - 11:43
BloodTears
ANA-thema
Elite
Written by Doc G. on 17.01.2009 at 10:29

Written by Ilham on 17.01.2009 at 10:25

I think society in general is just far more open to lesbians than gays. Maybe I'm just imagining it, but it could be perhaps because most of the bigotry is spearheaded by men.

I think you are right about this. Its harder for men because people associate all these mannerisms with male homosexuality, they have more prejudice. But then again, they associate "masculinity" with female homosexuality. So, it's tricky.
----
Written by BloodTears on 19.08.2011 at 18:29

Like you could kiss my ass.

My Instagram