Metal Storm logo
Avantasia

04.09.2007 - 10:00
Ellrohir
Heaven Knight
Other Tobias Sammet's from Edguy side project...I have yesterday acquired Metal Opera and it immediately became one of my most favorite symphonic-power epic storytelling album...i like songs Serpents In Paradise, Avantasia, Sign of the Cross and especially Farewell most

i love modern European power metal
----
My rest seems now calm and deep
Finally I got my dead man sleep

04.09.2007 - 12:58
Lupas
Maximus
As you may already know , there is the second album on the way this year
----
"For what point has this life if you can't realise your dreams?" -- The Divine Comedy
04.09.2007 - 15:37
Baz Anderson

you mean a third album, there already are two Avantasia albums
I have only heard "...Part I" and I liked it but I didn't think it was amazing..
maybe I will make more effort to like the project when this new album comes out.
04.09.2007 - 15:37
Ellrohir
Heaven Knight
and good timing -at the 19th of October i should be already tired with Dark Passion Play and will need something new
----

04.09.2007 - 16:05
APOHAKC
The Bard
I love this band, Part II us much better to me, but there are some great songs on part I too. List of guests is impressive on part II and some songs are really gems, can't wait to hear that project he is preparing for the future, and maybe even part III or something.
----
They say that we are gone but I can't let you down
The heathen faith will rise again we won't fail now
I know we cannot die forever is our time
Give my people back to me free from Christianity!!!!
05.09.2007 - 11:23
Ellrohir
Heaven Knight
i have to say i don't like PartII that much as the first...on the first there are four really catchy and interesting songs - Serpents in Paradise, Avantasia, Sign of the Cross and especially Farewell...but on the second there is remastered Avantasia as bonus and the rest sounds just a bit same and ordinary to me...yes, still it is very good music, but it is something like 2/3 of Rhapsody songs - though it is my very favorite band for songs like Knightraider of Doom - i don't mind listening them, but nothing special in those 2/3 of work to make me listen to that tracks again and again...
----

05.09.2007 - 13:45
Bash'
:)
Indeed, but I think maybe people consider the Pt.II a better one, as it has The Seven Angels.. Other tracks on it are so normal, the Pt.I contains really much catchy riffs and stuff..
----
I saw her standing by the crimson sea...
Isolated by the silent thoughts...
Her gazing was intense but so dead...

The teardrops corroded the soil.. She couldn't say a word to me...
05.09.2007 - 14:12
Inlé

I really like the two metal operas (except the ballads, which are bad even by PM ballad standards...)

I reckon pt.II just cuts it in terms of being the best of the two. Mainly because of No Return, Chalice of Agony and The Seven Angels. In addition some of the songs on pt.I seem "hyped-without-reason", to be fair songs like Reach Out For the Light are pretty average.

I'm also looking forward to their new release though!
05.09.2007 - 23:15
Lupas
Maximus
Written by Baz Anderson on 04.09.2007 at 15:37

you mean a third album, there already are two Avantasia albums
I have only heard "...Part I" and I liked it but I didn't think it was amazing..
maybe I will make more effort to like the project when this new album comes out.

Yeah , you are right here
----
"For what point has this life if you can't realise your dreams?" -- The Divine Comedy
09.09.2007 - 17:18
Ellrohir
Heaven Knight
Written by Inlé on 05.09.2007 at 14:12

I reckon pt.II just cuts it in terms of being the best of the two. Mainly because of No Return, Chalice of Agony and The Seven Angels.

i will give to those another chance and i will play them again to see...maybe you are right

edit : you are damn right

but i still think Farewell is the best
----

10.09.2007 - 16:45
APOHAKC
The Bard
I love Farewell, it is fantastic
----
26.09.2007 - 23:53
Ellrohir
Heaven Knight
now i listen again to Part II ... how can i missed In the quest for and Anywhere before? they are excellent too really cant wait for their new work till November
----

27.09.2007 - 04:36
APOHAKC
The Bard
Yeah, I like part II more, can't say I can't wait for the new one though....
----
27.09.2007 - 11:03
Ellrohir
Heaven Knight
now after about 10th listening, i´m about to say Anywhere is even better song than Farewell - as a ballad it has better idea, very nice lyrics and the music is great too (though Farewell flute solo is more expressive)
----

27.09.2007 - 12:01
iaberis
Advice Troll
Yeap, Part II is more pleasing to me too. I didn't like that much the 1st Part, but it was OK.
----
Bitch! Please
19.10.2007 - 11:22
White Winter Sun
Laboratory's Rat
'Lost In Space' on YouTube here. Enjoy.
19.10.2007 - 12:19
Ellrohir
Heaven Knight
well my first feeling is - BAD...it sounds to me like one of those hundreds mainstream "rock" songs you can hear in radio 24/7...maybe in the context of the whole album it will be better...
----

20.10.2007 - 21:22
duyhung
Account deleted
The new song sounds like an Edguy stuff rather than what we have heard in the 2 Metal Operas ...
22.10.2007 - 09:11
MaidenVarius
Account deleted
I actually enjoy Avantasia, the first metal opera part was much better than part II, and the new album and EPs look very interesting, I saw that there is a version of Ride the Sky with Eric Singer on vocals, sounds very interesting, and yet another cover of lay all your love on me and dancing with tears in my eyes by yet another german band (Dreamscape, Freedom Call both did covers). It is called the Scarecrow, which turns me off immediately, but I will most likely give it a shot.
27.10.2007 - 15:00
White Winter Sun
Laboratory's Rat
An eight-minute EPK (Electronic Press Kit) for the forthcoming six-track albums from Tobias Sammet's Avantasia project "Lost in Space Part 1" and "Lost in Space Part 2" can be viewed at this location on YouTube. Enjoy.
04.11.2007 - 17:08
PowerMetal
Account deleted
Avantasia is one of my top three works (taken as a whole). While you can argue which part is better, I prefer to just look at the whole project itself and declare it a masterpiece. The EP's in November will hopefully tide me over until The Scarecrow comes out in January. The more epic, the better!
06.11.2007 - 21:52
juanopereira

The song "Lost in space" sorprised me. It's very different, not a great song, but it's still good. Maybe in the EPs there will be better songs. I Hope so.
08.11.2007 - 23:57
Anon
Account deleted
I picked their Metal Opera album up not too long ago, and it's awesome. I love concept albums and it's even cooler how they got a different singer to portray every different character unlike DT does in Metropolis pt. 2, it gave it a whole other dimension. It's worth buying it for sure if you haven't yet.
10.11.2007 - 11:28
White Winter Sun
Laboratory's Rat
There's already this on the web (see below) as Avantasia's new album artwork:

10.11.2007 - 11:39
duyhung
Account deleted
Written by White Winter Sun on 10.11.2007 at 11:28

There's already this on the web (see below) as Avantasia's new album artwork:

http://www.nuclearblast.de/thumb.php?pic=147681.jpg&dir=artikelbilder/147&new_w=400&new_h=400

Official artwork?
10.11.2007 - 12:25
White Winter Sun
Laboratory's Rat
Written by Guest on 10.11.2007 at 11:39

Official artwork?

Probably, if you look at the start of url. It's Nuclear Blast official website url, not a hoster (Imageshack or others like this).
13.11.2007 - 13:02
White Winter Sun
Laboratory's Rat
An e-card for the forthcoming six-track albums from Avantasia project "Lost in Space Part 1" and "Lost in Space Part 2" can be accessed at this location.
17.11.2007 - 19:05
Ellrohir
Heaven Knight
i have listened to Lost In Space Part 1 now...and well...so far i give 8, maybe i will increase after i will listen the album for more times...
----

18.11.2007 - 13:47
GT
Coffee!!
Written by juanopereira on 06.11.2007 at 21:52

The song "Lost in space" sorprised me. It's very different, not a great song, but it's still good. Maybe in the EPs there will be better songs. I Hope so.

Agree...just watched the video and must say that the song isn't very metal...but it's ok and catchy
----

Dreams are made so we don't get bored when we sleep
18.11.2007 - 16:12
Ellrohir
Heaven Knight
so Lost In Space II has 9 from me...not any "super great" music, but definitely great stuff i enjoy
----