Metal Storm logo
School bullying

Original post

Posted by Aylee_Bodom, 04.09.2007 - 17:10
School bullying is a growing phenomenon nowadays. Personally I haven't lived this experience from any of the sides, nor have I seen it happening at my school or high school. I really can't understand why certain children need to look down on others, take adavantage of them and not content with that, beat them as hard as possible. These situations really get on my nerves...I'd love to kick those children's asses However, even when a case can be proved, justice isn't done, and if that was my case I would certainly take the law into my own hands.

I'm bringing this topic up because yesterday I was reading a magazine my mum often buys and there was an article about three boys in India who had killed two other kids just to have days off school, as they mourn dead students. You can read more about it here.

This is a quite extreme case, but I'd like to know what you all think about this and if you've ever suffered or witnessed school bullying.
30.08.2008 - 01:49
LeChron James
Helvetesfossen
wtf theres an actual thread on here about school bullying?
----
Kick Ass, Die Young

Less is More
Stay Pure
Stay Poor

Music was my life, music brought me to life and music is how I will be remembered long after I leave this life. When I die there will be a final waltz in my head that only I can hear.
30.08.2008 - 02:00
Introspekrieg
Totemic Lust
You know the Columbine shooters were bullies... if you look at the people they killed you can tell that many of them were not bullies. Some people just have fucked up perspectives, and there is only one blame- the parents.
02.10.2008 - 00:05
Jonnz of Steel

When I was wee I used to get picked on by this bigger kid, but then one day I reliesed to myself "wait a minute, i'm bigger than him now!". And with that revilation, I punched him in the face (TWO whole times!), and he never bothered me again
13.10.2008 - 02:52
Toast
Account deleted
I don't think bullying is really an issue, especially in elementary school because there are no "popular groups" simply because there are so few people.

The only real "technical" type of bullying that I actually saw was exclusion. I hardly think this is a real issue though because high school is too big for anyone to truly not have any friends (even the geekier kids hang out with eachother), and if some people dislike certain others they should not have to be nice to them under the threat of "exclusion is bullying".

^This actually happened during my time in high school when my teacher made me be partners with this kid for some project who then followed me around 24/7. I was F*#$in pissed off lol.
07.04.2009 - 20:17
Crimson Lily
Account deleted
I think bullying is a serious issue. I've experienced bullying myself, I was the one being picked on. I remember when I was still going to school, there was this older kid always waiting for me and giving me these nasty comments all the time. I don't know if this counts as bullying, but to me it was very unpleasant. Then there was one guy who was a few years older than me and always used to wait for me where I put my coat and he used to not let me go. Everywhere I moved to get away, he moved as well and I don't remember how I could even escape him. He just blocked my way...and then he intimidated me. He used to do this as well as verbally abusing me, which was not pleasant for a 10 year old, believe me. Then one time, I decided it must stop and I confronted him and said something like ''leave me the fuck alone, I'm not afraid anymore'' and you know what he did? He spit in my lunch. That was the bad part, but the good part was he never bothered me again. Then there were other times of which I do not want to talk about just yet. I don't know why this always happened to me, I guess people could see I was sensitive or something and easy to pick on.

My experiences are not bullying in the sense of someone asking me for my lunch money, but I do think it counts as bullying as well. And I have no idea why some of the people here speak of bullying with a mocking tone, or at least it seems so to me. I think it's a very serious issue but the pessimist and cynic that I am, I don't have any solutions on how to stop it, I'm afraid.
07.04.2009 - 21:00
Ragana
Rawrcat
Written by Guest on 07.04.2009 at 20:17

And I have no idea why some of the people here speak of bullying with a mocking tone, or at least it seems so to me.

Hmm, that doesn't happen in all schools. At least I can swear these kind of things have never happened here, at least not in the past 10 years what I've spent here as a student. At age 8 to 13 children are just stupid by default, that's normal I guess. I'm watching those younger boys at my school (damn, I just thought it sounded kinda weird XD) and I think they'll grow up as stupid as they are now, but they won't do any harm to younger children. Actually they like to gain more attention from older girls at school, but you know, there are older guys at school as well... Ok, just joking.
Sure, I've heard many not-so-good things from the other schools and sadly, we can't do anything about it. Well, you can't teach this problem kid on your own and you don't want to pay to a personal teacher just because he's so stupid and think this school is his (or her) kingdom. Another problem - mostly kids are too shy to tell anything about it to their parents. Sure, parents can do nothing about it... or if they are doing something, the kid will be so embarrassed, oh, I know. But on the other hand the kid can't solve this problem on his/her own. Hmm, in the end it's hard to think what is the best for the kid... Hehe, maybe that's why school is so cool terrible.

/And I have the feeling I just managed to write such nonsense.