Metal Storm logo
Salamandra

10.09.2007 - 10:30
Ellrohir
Heaven Knight
this great band is still overlooked by MS...it hasn't its own active profile here, it hasn't its own topic...since i am from Czech Republic and consider this band to be the best metal band from our country (yes, there are more known and valued bands like Silent Stream Of Godless Elegy or !T.O.O.H.!, but they are not what i listen to)

i am to melodic power or speed with clean nice vocals, interesting music ideas and epic lyrics...that's exactly Salamandra...they are singing about stories and legends from Great Moravian Empire (a state before Czech Kingdom (or what ever it was before Přemysl Otakar I. finally got the title of king and even for his successors) in 9th and early 10th century)

you can check their music by listening to some free mp3 available on www.salamandra.cz (i recommend you The End and Everlasting Fame and as the best album i held Twilights of Legends)
----
My rest seems now calm and deep
Finally I got my dead man sleep

10.09.2007 - 15:10
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Good band I like album 'Great Moravian Elegies' realy good band, and music, even if its power metal but thay put feelings and emetions into music, seems its like farytail, and something old are alive again, those who are Moravians shood be proud!
----
Life is to short for LOVE, there is many great things to do online !!!

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
10.09.2007 - 17:57
Ellrohir
Heaven Knight
in fact some of them are not because they claim band from Czech Republic should sing in Czech and not in English

i don't agree with them, because - though it is my mother language - English is far much better for singing and especially epic metal songs than Czech...
----

10.09.2007 - 18:00
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Ellrohir on 10.09.2007 at 17:57

in fact some of them are not because they claim band from Czech Republic should sing in Czech and not in English

i don't agree with them, because - though it is my mother language - English is far much better for singing and especially epic metal songs than Czech...

In that case dos Doga, Kabat, Root, Thoor , Arakain are much popular outside, ok Poland dont counts, even Salamandra isnt so popular how other bands from C but still better english how Cz otherwise non will know them
----

apos;'
[image]
10.09.2007 - 22:03
Ellrohir
Heaven Knight
now i don't know...you really meant "are much popular" or "aren't much popular"
----

10.09.2007 - 23:26
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Ellrohir on 10.09.2007 at 22:03

now i don't know...you really meant "are much popular" or "aren't much popular"

I mean if thay sing in Cz thay wonty be Salamandra any more, a lot og good Cz bands who sings in czech are good but into small Cz, Svk and Pol metal comunity
----

apos;'
[image]
11.09.2007 - 00:09
Ellrohir
Heaven Knight
i think you meant something like that

and now i want to know - what to do to persuade admins to add Salamandra band profile...i can at least fill in discography and lyrics and maybe even some short biography or review about their albums...but i cant since the band profile is inactive...
----

11.09.2007 - 00:44
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Ellrohir on 11.09.2007 at 00:09

i think you meant something like that

and now i want to know - what to do to persuade admins to add Salamandra band profile...i can at least fill in discography and lyrics and maybe even some short biography or review about their albums...but i cant since the band profile is inactive...

Does band are here like Invisible band?
If no PM Baz Anderson maybe he can open invisible band profile, but if its there you can edd all like active band, like you eddit them if you do all be peniding, when stuff accepted all amybe its be active band
----

apos;'
[image]
23.09.2007 - 09:19
MaidenVarius
Account deleted
This band is very hard to find here in the US, but that doesn't mean I don't enjoy them! These guys are excellent, one of the best power metal bands I have ever heard. Unfortunately since they are hard to find here, I only have one album which is Skarremar but I have to get Great Moravian Elegies and Twilight of legends someday!
23.09.2007 - 11:46
Ellrohir
Heaven Knight
think Skarremar is their worst one...definitely not bad music, but tracks from the other two albums are even better - you should really fight to get them, i think you wont be disappointed ;-)
----

22.10.2007 - 09:27
MaidenVarius
Account deleted
Written by Ellrohir on 23.09.2007 at 11:46

think Skarremar is their worst one...definitely not bad music, but tracks from the other two albums are even better - you should really fight to get them, i think you wont be disappointed ;-)

Hahaha I will try my best, I've only heard Skarremar and bits and pieces from their others, so I really couldn't say. I will go by your advice and do my best to get them!
22.10.2007 - 14:44
Judas
The Amputator
The only material I've heard from this band is their cover of "A Past and Future Secret" on the Blind Guardian tribute album, 'Tales from the Underworld'. It's bloody good, one of the best covers on there, so I guess I'll have to start hunting down their original stuff!
----
"Once the game is over, the king and the pawn both go back into the same box."
22.10.2007 - 16:30
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Judas on 22.10.2007 at 14:44

The only material I've heard from this band is their cover of "A Past and Future Secret" on the Blind Guardian tribute album, 'Tales from the Underworld'. It's bloody good, one of the best covers on there, so I guess I'll have to start hunting down their original stuff!

Thats how i found them
In official home page are mp3 IMo 5-7 something try them
----

apos;'
[image]
22.10.2007 - 22:24
Ellrohir
Heaven Knight
Written by Judas on 22.10.2007 at 14:44

The only material I've heard from this band is their cover of "A Past and Future Secret"

lol...vice versa this is the only material i don´thave
----

18.11.2007 - 18:25
Ellrohir
Heaven Knight
Salamandra finally has it´s own active profile at MS - http://www.metalstorm.ee/bands/band.php?band_id=2529&bandname=Salamandra ... thanks, Thryce

and some piece of relevant news : 9.11.07, so only nine days ago, they have released the new album - Faces Of Chimera...i´m looking forward to get it
----

18.11.2007 - 18:34
Remus

I downloaded the "Blackest Wings" song and it's pretty good.

The guy's vocals could be a tad more powerfull, but when the keyboard-lady backs him up it sounds really good. The guitar riffs are pretty awesome and so is the drumming. I'll download the other songs from their website, but so far they sound really good!
----
Procrastinate, NOW!
18.11.2007 - 19:57
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Band eddet in MS Salamandra
----

apos;'
[image]
18.11.2007 - 20:35
Ellrohir
Heaven Knight
Written by Bad English on 18.11.2007 at 19:57

thanks you have reminded what i have wrote two posts before :-)

but you´re right - revising is never bad
----

18.11.2007 - 20:35
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Ellrohir on 18.11.2007 at 20:35

Written by Bad English on 18.11.2007 at 19:57

thanks you have reminded what i have wrote two posts before :-)

but you´re right - revising is never bad

Sorry man I didnt noticed it
----

apos;'
[image]