Metal Storm logo
New feature: Album collection and Wishlist

Original post

Posted by Ivan, 13.09.2007 - 20:22
Yes, now you can create your own album collection here on MS! I've been asked many times about this feature, and now it's finally here. Here are some of its possible uses:

- Keep track of your albums and wishlist, sort them by band, year, rating or purchase date
- Keep track of release dates of albums in your wishlist
- See the albums you haven't yet voted for and do it very conveniently right on the Collection page
- Show your collection to other users and see their collections

And coming after we have enough entries:
- We will analyze your favorite bands, album collection, ratings and try to find users with similar tastes and maybe make some suggestions about other bands or albums you might find interesting
- Our own charts will show how many people own an album and which albums are currently 'hot'

We are also open to any suggestions about additional features/uses of Album collection.

You can add albums from your Collection page, as well as using the 3 new buttons under album images:
- I have it! means just that - that you already own the album
- Just got it recently - means that you've acquired this album within the last few days - this will add the album with the purchase date set to current day. Mainly for the charts, but you might also find it useful.
- Add to my wishlist - add the album to your wishlist

Another way to add albums is the albums list. You can filter the albums there in any way you want and then add them one by one using the buttons.

Have fun!
02.09.2008 - 23:44
Dane Train
Beers & Kilts
Question: Is there anyway to add all the non-Metal albums we have? I've got well over 1000 Metal albums, but that is maybe half of my whole collection.
----
(space for rent)
02.09.2008 - 23:46
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Dane Train on 02.09.2008 at 23:44

Question: Is there anyway to add all the non-Metal albums we have? I've got well over 1000 Metal albums, but that is maybe half of my whole collection.

You can do it like not featured band albums, I edd some non metal albums too, maybe I need edd some blues viny too, but I dont remeber all
----
Life is to short for LOVE, there is many great things to do online !!!

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
03.09.2008 - 00:41
Dane Train
Beers & Kilts
And how is that done?
----
(space for rent)
03.09.2008 - 01:09
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Dane Train on 03.09.2008 at 00:41

And how is that done?

In your profile
there's
collection, and see in corner ''edd albums''

here where's

Navigation

Collection 1112
Wishlist 13
Tradelist 0

shood be, you can do it in your own profile,
Hope it hepls, maybe someone can better explain it in english
----

apos;'
[image]
03.09.2008 - 02:05
Doc G.
Full Grown Hoser
Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 02.09.2008 at 18:00

Written by Doc G. on 02.09.2008 at 00:44

Not to mention our mummys and Daddys pay for our housing, most of our food and occasionally clothing. Thats a pretty big margin of disposable income.

Mmm, being single as I am, I think I'll give my parents a call and tell them I am moving back in
I could easily live on the second floor of their house since my parents' sleeping and living quarters are on the groundfloor anyway. Will just have to kick dad out his hobbyroom, and then will transform that into my music room. And that room being my old room when I still lived with them... hahahaha. Get the albums cassettes and cd's I have stored in their attic down there and I will have my own little paradise.

Judging by this idea, you plan on staying single?
----
"I got a lot of really good ideas, problem is, most of them suck."
- George Carlin
23.09.2008 - 10:09
-Morbid-

I'm not sure if I should be posting this here or not, but since it has to do with the collection system specifically I'll post it here.

Is there any way that downloading the collections to .CSV could also add in the notes about the releases? For example, I have 2 copies of Carcass - Heartwork, one with a bonus track and one reissue with a slipcase and poster, and it would be nice if the note I make for those two would show up in the .CSV file as well.

Also, could we get an option for how many albums are displayed per page? Lots of sites have something like this that allows you to choose how many results are displayed. If it was an option then people with slower connection speed could leave it lower so the pages don't take forever to load, and those with faster connections could quickly scan over people's collections by simply scrolling instead of constantly changing pages. Maybe options for 50, 100, 500, 1000 would be good?
23.09.2008 - 10:29
Ivan
Retired Admin
Written by -Morbid- on 23.09.2008 at 10:09

I'm not sure if I should be posting this here or not, but since it has to do with the collection system specifically I'll post it here.

Is there any way that downloading the collections to .CSV could also add in the notes about the releases? For example, I have 2 copies of Carcass - Heartwork, one with a bonus track and one reissue with a slipcase and poster, and it would be nice if the note I make for those two would show up in the .CSV file as well.

Also, could we get an option for how many albums are displayed per page? Lots of sites have something like this that allows you to choose how many results are displayed. If it was an option then people with slower connection speed could leave it lower so the pages don't take forever to load, and those with faster connections could quickly scan over people's collections by simply scrolling instead of constantly changing pages. Maybe options for 50, 100, 500, 1000 would be good?

Good suggestions, thanks! I'll take them into account when I'm revising the Collection.
04.11.2008 - 20:18
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Its be good if there I can sellect all , I just dealited all wishlista nd it was hard dealite 1600 albums, its be good when member eddit wishlist there also sellect all

In collection there youcan eddit band by band name one band all albums, maybe also its can be in wishlist

Ok I just dealited all wishlist because I dont see reaosn why I shood keep almoust all album featured in MS what I want(I even didnt want edd those who are not and I did not do it)

I do like Collin done those origianl be in collection(even from ecah orginal I had coppy in CD) and those what I had in CD, coppy from friends, get from band home page or other leagal pages and what I burn in CD ( I wont edd 10000000 mp3 what I had going trought MA and ban home pages)

So orginal-collection
Burt CD-wishlist

Some of you probobly woundering whehre I got Mercilles Death

I want do it long ago, but I was lazzy

About TradeList CD I already changed it (not whit MS members but swedish friends)
So I got
Kiss ''Dynasty'' I changed to Crystal Viper ''The Curse Of Crystal Viper''
Kiss ''Gratest Hits'' to - Iced Earth ''The Crucible of Man'' (I realy can not bealive to it )
Van Halen - Balance to Ophthalamia - ''A Long Journey''
and Van Halen - ''Best Of Volume I'' to In Grey - ''Sulphur Tears''
----

apos;'
[image]
07.01.2010 - 16:42
csiga
Munin
I don't understand what's wrong, but if i click for a genre (on the right side) what show how % is this from my collection, it say always: No albums here... Try Wishlist. but it's not true, and earlier it's worked, so if someone know something about it, please let me know.
----

i survived the lake bodom!
07.01.2010 - 19:50
Baz Anderson

Yeh, that's a bug. It will be fixed when Ivan arises again.
15.03.2010 - 00:50
Graveheart

How about an "Albums I used to own" section in the collection? I would like a proper memorial page for them instead of just having to delete them in cold blood.
15.03.2010 - 01:01
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Written by Graveheart on 15.03.2010 at 00:50

How about an "Albums I used to own" section in the collection? I would like a proper memorial page for them instead of just having to delete them in cold blood.

Please don't tell me you selll your album.... the balsphemy, aarrrggghhh
----
Member of the true crusade against European Flower Metal

Yesterday is dead and gone, tomorrow is out of sight
Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

15.03.2010 - 01:08
Graveheart

Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 15.03.2010 at 01:01

Written by Graveheart on 15.03.2010 at 00:50

Please don't tell me you selll your album.... the balsphemy, aarrrggghhh

I'm afraid that's exactly what I've been planning for a while, which is basically why I asked that. Having a "previous possessions" sort of page makes it a little easier letting go.
18.03.2010 - 07:30
Doc G.
Full Grown Hoser
I can't tell if that's a joke. I think it would be utterly pointless.

If you're being facetious then ignore this entire comment.
----
"I got a lot of really good ideas, problem is, most of them suck."
- George Carlin
18.03.2010 - 11:52
Ellrohir
Heaven Knight
I think it is quite nice idea
----
My rest seems now calm and deep
Finally I got my dead man sleep

19.03.2010 - 19:09
Graveheart

Written by Doc G. on 18.03.2010 at 07:30

I can't tell if that's a joke. I think it would be utterly pointless.

If you're being facetious then ignore this entire comment.

It's not a joke. Was there something I didn't explain clear enough?
23.03.2010 - 19:47
Warman
Erotic Stains
I can't see how anyone would care about albums someone used to own.
----
24.03.2010 - 02:12
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Written by Warman on 23.03.2010 at 19:47

Same here. Hell, all the albums I used to own... good and bad... and a lot I regret selling now hahahaha.
----
Member of the true crusade against European Flower Metal

Yesterday is dead and gone, tomorrow is out of sight
Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

24.03.2010 - 12:18
Ellrohir
Heaven Knight
Well it is true, you can always add the album in collection and into "notice" write "i dont have this anymore, i sold it last month" or something...
----
My rest seems now calm and deep
Finally I got my dead man sleep

24.03.2010 - 18:38
Graveheart

Written by Warman on 23.03.2010 at 19:47

I agree, but I don't care about albums other people currently own, either. At least over the internet.

Ellrohir, that sounds like a good idea, but I'd like for the album count to remain updated with the true number of albums that I own. And with some of my albums the info box is already full.
25.03.2010 - 18:44
BitterCOld
The Ancient One
Frankly, i think a tangible album (lp/cassette/cd) or "electronic" option would be more useful.

that way those of us dinosaurs who actually support artists can flex our e-peens (or would that be lpeen?) a bit.
----
get the fuck off my lawn.

Beer Bug Virus Spotify Playlist crafted by Nikarg and I. Feel free to tune in and add some pertinent metal tunes!