Scorpio
Aries
Cancer
Libra
Taurus

Total votes: 115
14.09.2007 - 19:19
MadGatsu
OK guys. This topic might sound ridiculous, but today i started thinking. What if my personality influenced my music tastes (in this case, metal, punk, hard rock)? And everyone knows, (even though i dont really buy all the astrological crap) people born in certain months tend to have similar personalities, and they change along the year. Im gemini, and i have kind of a hard personality. A bit rebellious. So maybe thats why i started liking metal? (one of the reasons). This topic is just a statistical thing, just as curiosity.

Feel free to delete it if moderators find it completely unnecessary. Cheers

PS: Im sorry but the poll only had 9 options i could write, and there are 12 horoscope signs in total. Everyone who is NOT from one of the ones available, please vote in "Other" and write down a post telling whats yours. Thanks! ;P
----
Games don't make people violent, lag does.
14.09.2007 - 20:55
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
I dont know it in english but Im born in January so if all here are corect then aries
----
I stand whit Ukraine and Israel. They have right to defend own citizens.

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
14.09.2007 - 20:57
Baz Anderson
Staff
I am Capricorn.. 8th of January
I seriously doubt there is any significance between musical tastes and star sign
still.. maybe we'll see - the poll limitation kinda ruins it though
14.09.2007 - 20:58
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Baz Anderson on 14.09.2007 at 20:57

I am Capricorn.. 8th of January
I seriously doubt there is any significance between musical tastes and star sign
still.. maybe we'll see - the poll limitation kinda ruins it though

Does all who ha sborn in january are Capricorn?
----
I stand whit Ukraine and Israel. They have right to defend own citizens.

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
14.09.2007 - 20:59
Ernis
狼獾
Supposed mishmash of Sagittarrius, Capricorn and Aquarius....Sagittarius appears to be the rising sign and Capricorn the sun sign and Aquarius the moon sign......I dunno....perhaps this makes me a deep goth?
14.09.2007 - 21:01
Baz Anderson
Staff
not everyone born in January is Capricorn - later in January it changes to the next one along
it says in your profile you were born on the 1st of January.. that should make you a Capricorn as well
14.09.2007 - 21:02
+{Jonas}+
I R Serious Cat
I'm taurus, april 27. Waht does this have to do with our music taste?
----
"Nobody wants to be the weird kid, you just end up being the weird kid. You don't know how you ended up getting there" - Rob Zombie

http://jonas-bs.deviantart.com My dA, mainly photography, go check it out!
14.09.2007 - 22:25
Inlé
Another Capricorn here, heh.

I don't think there'll be much correlation tbh.
14.09.2007 - 22:26
Valentin B
Iconoclast
lol dude! i can't vote since i'm aquarius, but i'll vote "other" february 17th

@radagast i too thought about that, and it's only a question, i don't think any research has been done on it so far
14.09.2007 - 23:33
+{Jonas}+
I R Serious Cat
Written by Valentin B on 14.09.2007 at 22:26

@radagast i too thought about that, and it's only a question, i don't think any research has been done on it so far

Well we might get some results from here.
----
"Nobody wants to be the weird kid, you just end up being the weird kid. You don't know how you ended up getting there" - Rob Zombie

15.09.2007 - 06:46
Doc G.
Full Grown Hoser
Staff
I dont think theres any correlation between star sign and music tastes....just like star signs in correlation to anything.

Leo for any who actually wanna know.
----
"I got a lot of really good ideas, problem is, most of them suck."
- George Carlin
15.09.2007 - 10:33
Valentin B
Iconoclast
the thing is, i can see a relation between star signs and rock fans(can't see it though with all music), meaning:

-virgos are more methodical, analytical, so they'll tend to like prog rock/metal, or yngwie malmsteen and clones-like stuff
-taurus' don't like change, so if they started listening to manowar let's say, they'll listen to other musclebands like priest, dio or hammerfall
-scorpios have high sex appetite, so they'll start listening to glam metal, and they're also mean and crusty so they might listen to doom and black metal
-geminis are half wacko so they'll listen to more energetic, fun music, like punk, thrash or power metal
-pisces are irrational and like to think(and question) religious beliefs, so black metal
-aquarius' are mostly non-traditional, so they might check out alternative stuff(except for me lol)

ok, keep in mind that only one zodiac is not nearly enough to trace a person's characteristics, as education or personal experience can actually reverse them, and likewise with music taste.

@dr. rock: but as a general rule, they do apply(i actually saw in your posts in the download thread that you are proud of having so many albums, keep in mind that's a specifically leo trait), btw i can see it more: your custom title is "PHD in metal", your e-mail is "thebestgodin", posting offensive messages, they're all LEO traits(you are obviously proud of who you are and have high self confidence)

there is more than meets the eye
15.09.2007 - 11:08
BloodTears
ANA-thema
Elite
Written by MadGatsu on 14.09.2007 at 19:19

OK guys. This topic might sound ridiculous, but today i started thinking. What if my personality influenced my music tastes (in this case, metal, punk, hard rock)? And everyone knows, (even though i dont really buy all the astrological crap) people born in certain months tend to have similar personalities, and they change along the year. Im gemini, and i have kind of a hard personality. A bit rebellious. So maybe thats why i started liking metal? (one of the reasons). This topic is just a statistical thing, just as curiosity.

PS: Im sorry but the poll only had 9 options i could write, and there are 12 horoscope signs in total. Everyone who is NOT from one of the ones available, please vote in "Other" and write down a post telling whats yours. Thanks! ;P

You know I'm a Gemini too but I don't think it has anything to do with liking metal or not. People can like metal for several different reasons but I don't find that to be one.
----
Written by BloodTears on 19.08.2011 at 18:29

Like you could kiss my ass.

My Instagram
15.09.2007 - 11:32
Opium
Account deleted
I'm Aries, though I highly doubt there is any strong, positive correlation between musical tastes and star signs.

Though I've heard many times, from numerous sources that a child's upbringing has much a great influence as to what music they prefer/like.
15.09.2007 - 16:42
+{Jonas}+
I R Serious Cat
Written by Valentin B on 15.09.2007 at 10:33

-taurus' don't like change,

I disagree. I am taurus and despite I started listening Metallica, I listen to prettymuch every genre. just check my fav. bands list. I started with Metallica, then I gotinto power, black, gothic, suomi, avantgarde, and now I'm getting into Gothenburg (In Flames and Sonic Syndicate). At least in music, I liek to listen to a lot of genres.
----

15.09.2007 - 16:52
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Elite

the thing is, i can see a relation between star signs and rock fans(can't see it though with all music), meaning:

-taurus' don't like change, so if they started listening to manowar let's say, they'll listen to other musclebands like priest, dio or hammerfall

Sorry to say, what sort of nonsense is this? I am Taurus, I don't mind change at all, especially when it comes to lsitening to metal. And most of the taurus' I know don't mind change. It's the same for a tausrus as for any other start sign. Most of the stuff attributed to so-called star signs has to do with the upbringing one got from his/her parents.
----
Member of the true crusade against European Flower Metal

Yesterday is dead and gone, tomorrow is out of sight
Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

15.09.2007 - 18:46
Insineratehymn
Account deleted
I chose not to vote because astrology is bullshit. There is absolutely no correlation between the alignment of stars and your musical tastes. I believe in hard evidence that can be proven through the scientific method, such as astronomy, instead of placing faith into fanciful superstitions.
15.09.2007 - 20:12
Valentin B
Iconoclast
Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 15.09.2007 at 16:52

Sorry to say, what sort of nonsense is this? I am Taurus, I don't mind change at all, especially when it comes to lsitening to metal. And most of the taurus' I know don't mind change. It's the same for a tausrus as for any other start sign. Most of the stuff attributed to so-called star signs has to do with the upbringing one got from his/her parents.

dude, stop bombarding me! i already said that i don't expect these to be accurate, i didn't actually do any research, i just took stuff from the book and stuff i observed
15.09.2007 - 22:02
Sunioj
Hah...funny thread. I don't think anyone I know that is born in the same star ( libra ) as me has the same musical tastes. Regardless of wether the star means anything, I barely know anyone thats born in October in general.

Bah, its just lighthearted theme to get people talking...no curses from me.
15.09.2007 - 22:08
Deadsoulman
Elite
I assume that as I am Sagittarius, and as Sagittarius people are supposed to be quite dark and depressive, I was bound from the start to dislike European happy power metal ^^
15.09.2007 - 22:21
BloodTears
ANA-thema
Elite
lol
----

My Instagram
15.09.2007 - 22:21
BloodTears
ANA-thema
Elite
lol
----

My Instagram
16.09.2007 - 20:26
Nemesis-Divina
Account deleted
Capricorn I am (January 5th), would have been an Aquarius but I was born earlier.
However, people have to take into account, if they are into/serious about all this that if they look at their birth chart, they need to check how much percentage of which star sign is in which planet.
I have been told also that Moon signs can be more accurate than you sun (star sign) to a certain degree.
I don't really believe in horroscopes, being able to predict what happens to your day or musical tastes reflecting your sign.
I have read a fair bit about Astrology, but don't live my life by it.
I do however think that the personalities they talk about which reflects each sign maybe true to a degree, but even still that isn't that accurate, for me it would be 60% or something.
However, I do know a few people who are Capricorn into metal, and I know a few who are Aries into metal.

Kariasakis: Aries is about late March to mid April time, after then it is Taurus.

Infact.... this may help people lol:

Aries - 21st march - 19th april
Taurus - 20th april - 20th may
Gemini - 31st may - 20th june
Cancer - 21st june - 22nd july
Leo - 23rd july - 22nd august
Virgo - 23rd august - 22nd september
Libra - 23rd september - 22nd october
Scorpio - 23rd october - 21st november
Sagittarius - 22nd november - 21st december
Capricorn - 22nd december - 19th january
Aquarius - 20th january - 18th february
Pisces - 19th february - 20th march

If you are in between dates it means your "on the cusp" of both signs.
Also there used to be a 13th star sign called Ophiuchus (the serpent holder) which would have been from November 30th to December 17th.
16.09.2007 - 20:33
Nemesis-Divina
Account deleted
Written by Deadsoulman on 15.09.2007 at 22:08

I assume that as I am Sagittarius, and as Sagittarius people are supposed to be quite dark and depressive, I was bound from the start to dislike European happy power metal ^^

Actually, Capricorn is supposed to be more like that, Sagittarius are more optimistic, disarmingly happy and happy go lucky, they also can be random and a bit of a maniac at the best of time, they can be life of the party even, other characteristics include they are open with people, fair-minded, realistic.. could go on and on at this rate hah.
Capricorn is supposed to be the most depressed star sign of the zodiac, they tend to take life far too seriously, allows inner fears to dominate decisions, I could agree with all that, though I have Sagittarius moon which shines through when I need it to thankfully haha.
16.09.2007 - 20:58
Carrion
Account deleted
I'm aquarius, born in 13th february. Then according to this, I'm into alternative metal, which actually is half true, but I'm also a big fan of extreme metal, especially grindcore and old school thrash.
16.09.2007 - 21:48
MadGatsu
Written by BloodTears on 15.09.2007 at 11:08

Written by MadGatsu on 14.09.2007 at 19:19

You know I'm a Gemini too but I don't think it has anything to do with liking metal or not. People can like metal for several different reasons but I don't find that to be one.

I know!

Guys, please remember i wrote in the topic this was merely a STATISTICAL thing!! There is no research beneath it, no blank nights of thinking, just pure curiosity!!!

Also i said i dont believe in the astrology crap, but i do feel like my personality influenced my musical tastes. By the way, the part where one of you said Gemini liked happy fun music, power metal is absolutely right. That kind of music pumps my spirit up in the sky!

Well i can see there is no winner sign. Seems to be pretty random.
----
19.09.2007 - 18:15
April.Ethereal87
Account deleted
Im a Capricorn. December 23rd
23.09.2007 - 18:03
rageing atheist
Account deleted
Weird thing is that as much as I've read about zodiac signs and analysed people whose birthdates are known to me... they tend to be somewhat accurate, there seem to be some common traits for people of same zodiac signs, and it's somewhat weird, but maybe it's just a placebo effect, like you read about zodiac traits, think about people you know, and suddenly are thinking like "wow he realy has these characteristics that are common for [enter a random zodiac sign here]. Anyway, I'm aquarius, and like unique bands who tend to stick out from the pack.
23.09.2007 - 20:41
MadGatsu
Written by Guest on 23.09.2007 at 18:03

Weird thing is that as much as I've read about zodiac signs and analysed people whose birthdates are known to me... they tend to be somewhat accurate, there seem to be some common traits for people of same zodiac signs, and it's somewhat weird, but maybe it's just a placebo effect, like you read about zodiac traits, think about people you know, and suddenly are thinking like "wow he realy has these characteristics that are common for [enter a random zodiac sign here]. Anyway, I'm aquarius, and like unique bands who tend to stick out from the pack.

I dont believe in most astrological crap, but i do notice most ppl from my sign (gemini) being very similar in personality. I mean, it has to be more than simple coincidence right? O.o
----
23.09.2007 - 20:51
rageing atheist
Account deleted
Written by MadGatsu on 23.09.2007 at 20:41

Written by Guest on 23.09.2007 at 18:03

I dont believe in most astrological crap, but i do notice most ppl from my sign (gemini) being very similar in personality. I mean, it has to be more than simple coincidence right? O.o

Yep, I've also noticed that there are common personaliy traits for people of same zodiac signs, though I don't believe in stuff like horoscopes etc.