Metal Storm logo
Astrology influences music tastes?

Original post

Posted by MadGatsu, 14.09.2007 - 19:19
OK guys. This topic might sound ridiculous, but today i started thinking. What if my personality influenced my music tastes (in this case, metal, punk, hard rock)? And everyone knows, (even though i dont really buy all the astrological crap) people born in certain months tend to have similar personalities, and they change along the year. Im gemini, and i have kind of a hard personality. A bit rebellious. So maybe thats why i started liking metal? (one of the reasons). This topic is just a statistical thing, just as curiosity.

Feel free to delete it if moderators find it completely unnecessary. Cheers

PS: Im sorry but the poll only had 9 options i could write, and there are 12 horoscope signs in total. Everyone who is NOT from one of the ones available, please vote in "Other" and write down a post telling whats yours. Thanks! ;P

Poll

What is your horoscope sign?

Other (Post it please)
Gemini
Leo
Virgo
Scorpio
Aries
Cancer
Libra
Taurus

Total votes: 115
23.09.2007 - 21:00
MadGatsu
Written by Guest on 23.09.2007 at 20:51

Written by MadGatsu on 23.09.2007 at 20:41

Written by Guest on 23.09.2007 at 18:03

Weird thing is that as much as I've read about zodiac signs and analysed people whose birthdates are known to me... they tend to be somewhat accurate, there seem to be some common traits for people of same zodiac signs, and it's somewhat weird, but maybe it's just a placebo effect, like you read about zodiac traits, think about people you know, and suddenly are thinking like "wow he realy has these characteristics that are common for [enter a random zodiac sign here]. Anyway, I'm aquarius, and like unique bands who tend to stick out from the pack.

I dont believe in most astrological crap, but i do notice most ppl from my sign (gemini) being very similar in personality. I mean, it has to be more than simple coincidence right? O.o

Yep, I've also noticed that there are common personaliy traits for people of same zodiac signs, though I don't believe in stuff like horoscopes etc.

Yeah most horoscopes of my sign are half (or more) wrong I dont really see anything statistically worth of concluding from this poll..we seem to have a bit of every zodiac sign.
----
Games don't make people violent, lag does.
23.09.2007 - 21:11
Stalker
Lone wanderer
Virgo.

I voted only because this looked like some research, or, like you've said statistics, or whatever, although I dont believe in such crap like astrology, horoscope, zodiac, destiny........... My kind of thinking. :
----
23.09.2007 - 21:22
Ernis
狼獾
The best thing occurred when I was reading a newspaper....actually I read two but I just read the Estonian and Russian versions of the same newspaper of the same date....guess what? The zodiac section predictions of the different language editions were different....so? Does the language I speak also influence the astrological "biorhythms" of a particular day?
23.09.2007 - 21:25
Stalker
Lone wanderer
Written by Ernis on 23.09.2007 at 21:22

The best thing occurred when I was reading a newspaper....actually I read two but I just read the Estonian and Russian versions of the same newspaper of the same date....guess what? The zodiac section predictions of the different language editions were different....so? Does the language I speak also influence the astrological "biorhythms" of a particular day?

Of course it does.
----
23.09.2007 - 21:34
Ernis
狼獾
Written by Stalker on 23.09.2007 at 21:25

Of course it does.

Then what if I speak more than one language? What if the Estonian language edition says "you suck" and the Russian language edition says "you rule!"? What must I think then?
23.09.2007 - 21:40
rageing atheist
Account deleted
Written by Ernis on 23.09.2007 at 21:34

Of course it does.

Then what if I speak more than one language? What if the Estonian language edition says "you suck" and the Russian language edition says "you rule!"? What must I think then?

It could be either"you suck at ruling" or "you rule at sucking"
23.09.2007 - 21:51
Stalker
Lone wanderer
Written by Ernis on 23.09.2007 at 21:34

Of course it does.

Thats where the politics enter, IMO
----
24.09.2007 - 10:18
MadGatsu
Written by Guest on 23.09.2007 at 21:40

LOL mate!!
----
24.09.2007 - 21:49
GT
Coffee!!
Staff
Written by Guest on 23.09.2007 at 21:40

LOL...damn that just made my day a hell of a lot better...
----

Dreams are made so we don't get bored when we sleep
05.10.2007 - 04:42
Lowelas OF FIRE
Account deleted
I'm aquarious, let's see the poll results..........
08.10.2007 - 17:07
Warman
Erotic Stains
I'm capricorn... ehh, don't know what more to say.
----
08.10.2007 - 23:39
Kap'N Korrupt
Account deleted
My horoscope is Libra...Libras are emotional drama queens (that's me in a nutshell) so I listen to a lot of music that emotes emotion and feeling musically and lyrically...even though you might say that all music emotes lyrically and musically in one way or another, I find that progressive metal does it very well...I use it to escape a lot...I loose myself in the complexity of it...
09.10.2007 - 06:42
Bararey
Winter is Coming
Elite
Yeah I guess this poll proves that there is no relation between your musical taste and your zodiac signs
----
"Rhaegar fought valiantly, Rhaegar fought nobly, Rhaegar fought honorably. And Rhaegar died."
Ser Jorah Mormont
10.10.2007 - 14:05
MadGatsu
Written by Bararey on 09.10.2007 at 06:42

Yeah I guess this poll proves that there is no relation between your musical taste and your zodiac signs

Yeah, pretty much balanced...and stuff...
----
14.10.2007 - 23:39
Asphyxia
Account deleted
I'm a pisces. I don't even know what this means but I've managed to remember it.
14.10.2007 - 23:43
Sunioj
Written by Guest on 08.10.2007 at 23:39

My horoscope is Libra...Libras are emotional drama queens (that's me in a nutshell) so I listen to a lot of music that emotes emotion and feeling musically and lyrically...even though you might say that all music emotes lyrically and musically in one way or another, I find that progressive metal does it very well...I use it to escape a lot...I loose myself in the complexity of it...

YAY!! Im not alone on this thread Libras FTW!!
09.11.2007 - 19:50
Warman
Erotic Stains
Haha, sorry... but I think this topic is really useless when there's an other option. I mean, a third of the horoscopes is in that option... the topic says nothing.
----
09.11.2007 - 23:26
MadGatsu
Written by Warman on 09.11.2007 at 19:50

Haha, sorry... but I think this topic is really useless when there's an other option. I mean, a third of the horoscopes is in that option... the topic says nothing.

I see you didnt really understand why the "other" option is there dude...There was only 10 possible options that i could right the name in. And as i can remember, there are 12 horoscope signs...The only way i figured to go on with this idea was to write down 9 of the horoscopes, and tell ppl "If your horoscope isnt any of those in the options, vote for "other" AND write your horoscope down in a post".
----
10.11.2007 - 00:41
Warman
Erotic Stains
Written by MadGatsu on 09.11.2007 at 23:26

I see you didnt really understand why the "other" option is there dude...There was only 10 possible options that i could right the name in. And as i can remember, there are 12 horoscope signs...The only way i figured to go on with this idea was to write down 9 of the horoscopes, and tell ppl "If your horoscope isnt any of those in the options, vote for "other" AND write your horoscope down in a post".

Yeah yeah, I know And that's what makes the thread unnecessary, you can only have 9 options, there's 8 horoscopes and the other option... which means that there's 4 (a third) horoscopes in the same option.
----
10.11.2007 - 07:38
Linak
I Own You Bitch
Uh, I'm a leo, garr.
----
Stick this up your fucking pee-aitch-dee.
10.11.2007 - 14:44
MadGatsu
Written by Warman on 10.11.2007 at 00:41

Written by MadGatsu on 09.11.2007 at 23:26

Yeah yeah, I know And that's what makes the thread unnecessary, you can only have 9 options, there's 8 horoscopes and the other option... which means that there's 4 (a third) horoscopes in the same option.

If you think that way, then hundreds or maybe even thousands of threads ppl start in this forum are completely useless. I didnt start this thread because im some sort if scientist that wants to study this subject. I started it cuz i was curious about that matter and because quite frankly, i didnt have anything better to do at the moment and i wanted to participate a bit more actively in the forum. Thats it.
----
10.11.2007 - 14:49
Warman
Erotic Stains
Written by MadGatsu on 10.11.2007 at 14:44

If you think that way, then hundreds or maybe even thousands of threads ppl start in this forum are completely useless. I didnt start this thread because im some sort if scientist that wants to study this subject. I started it cuz i was curious about that matter and because quite frankly, i didnt have anything better to do at the moment and i wanted to participate a bit more actively in the forum. Thats it.

Haha, sorry man. Don't get offended, that was not my intention. And yes, I am against a lot of polls just because they can't cover everything.
----
29.11.2007 - 20:37
Woutjinho
Account deleted
I dont think there's a connection.
it just depends when your parents fucked.
doesnt matter if you crawl in may or december out of a pussy as for your musical taste
03.12.2007 - 09:44
nana.MD
Star-Queen
im aquarius, but why isnt my sign there??
anyway i dont think its connected...at all...
----
Live how you want just don't feed on me, if you doubt what I say I will make you believe...
04.12.2007 - 22:49
MadGatsu
Written by nana.MD on 03.12.2007 at 09:44

Read my initial post carefully again.
----
05.12.2007 - 05:22
nana.MD
Star-Queen
Written by MadGatsu on 04.12.2007 at 22:49

lol sorry missed the Ps
still i dont think its connected, that's just me...
----
Live how you want just don't feed on me, if you doubt what I say I will make you believe...
05.12.2007 - 09:44
MadGatsu
Written by nana.MD on 05.12.2007 at 05:22

Written by MadGatsu on 04.12.2007 at 22:49

lol sorry missed the Ps
still i dont think its connected, that's just me...

Yeah well i guess its the conclusion we all got... I was curious to know since i spent 1 day wondering about it XP
----
06.12.2007 - 23:44
nana.MD
Star-Queen
i knew that would happen! that's why i gave an explanation hehe...
----
10.12.2007 - 20:36
Pole Kitten
Account deleted
well i'm brand new to this site but the thread looked interesting! i don't see any correlation so far... but then my music taste is probably a lot lighter than the majority of people voting. I'm a Gemini and pick up most of my music from friends i make so have only just started listening to any heavier metal stuff... we shall see how it takes!
11.12.2007 - 10:08
Nilla
Account deleted
I'm a scorpio I guess but I don't belive in astrology. I acctually went to school with a guy who was born at the same place, the same day and probably also about the same time as me (our parents knew each other and met at the hospital) and we were not very alike in any aspect and the last time I saw him a few years ago he was not much into metal.