Metal Storm logo
Astrology influences music tastes?

Original post

Posted by MadGatsu, 14.09.2007 - 19:19
OK guys. This topic might sound ridiculous, but today i started thinking. What if my personality influenced my music tastes (in this case, metal, punk, hard rock)? And everyone knows, (even though i dont really buy all the astrological crap) people born in certain months tend to have similar personalities, and they change along the year. Im gemini, and i have kind of a hard personality. A bit rebellious. So maybe thats why i started liking metal? (one of the reasons). This topic is just a statistical thing, just as curiosity.

Feel free to delete it if moderators find it completely unnecessary. Cheers

PS: Im sorry but the poll only had 9 options i could write, and there are 12 horoscope signs in total. Everyone who is NOT from one of the ones available, please vote in "Other" and write down a post telling whats yours. Thanks! ;P

Poll

What is your horoscope sign?

Other (Post it please)
Gemini
Leo
Virgo
Scorpio
Aries
Cancer
Libra
Taurus

Total votes: 115
10.04.2008 - 01:37
eximius

If anyone is interested in how astrology works click on this link http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Dp2Zqk8vHw
10.04.2008 - 03:19
Introspekrieg
Totemic Lust
Leo, the lion, I'm influenced by the Deep Purple song "Maybe I'm A Leo." As for most astrology, I"m a tad bit skeptical and think any of the horoscopes could apply to you. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=haP7Ys9ocTk

The basic assumption upon which astrology is based is also false. Just ask Copernicus, we are not the center of the universe...
10.04.2008 - 09:38
FOOCK Nam

Im not Gemini but listened to the song Gemini by Slayer, quite original and actively
10.04.2008 - 10:55
White Winter Sun
Laboratory's Rat
I'm Aries (Pisces ascendant to be sharply exact).
10.04.2008 - 16:38
eximius

Written by Introspekrieg on 10.04.2008 at 03:19

Leo, the lion, I'm influenced by the Deep Purple song "Maybe I'm A Leo." As for most astrology, I"m a tad bit skeptical and think any of the horoscopes could apply to you. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=haP7Ys9ocTk

The basic assumption upon which astrology is based is also false. Just ask Copernicus, we are not the center of the universe...

Yup, you are so right ... still when you ask someone to describe himself he will say something like this
"I'm a LEO, I like music a lot, I think I was born for ruling(I rule stupidity)."

"Astrology is a primitive belief system made into elaborate pseudo-science. It arrogantly makes human the focal point in the universe.
It was developed in the second century by the philosopher Claudius Ptolemaeus and has not moved on since despite the discovery of new planets and despite the shift in the Earth rotation axis that has thrown Ptolemy's zodiac out by 23 degrees" This is an extract from The Enemies of Reason - Slaves to Superstition
It's far more interesting than only talking about Astrology...Also dowsing, spiritualism(talking to the dead)...
I strongly recommend it.
http://www.torrentz.com/search?q=enemies+of+reason
10.05.2008 - 17:21
NuclearRedneck
Account deleted
Sagittarius. I don't follow astrology. I figure that very general predictions are useless and the few times I've checked them they haven't predicted with any accuracy.
18.05.2008 - 19:44
Dagorwen

Libra, what is the proof astrology is (or perhaps as it is vulgarized and presented for the vulgum pecus) an absolute nonsense: libras are normally very calm, sweet, diplomatic persons.... I am the exact oposite ^^
26.05.2008 - 02:36
SilentScream
Blasphemer
Astrology is garbage.

The only reason why people hang on to astrology is because it gives them a certain sense of security for an uncertain future.
26.05.2008 - 11:26
MadGatsu

Although i agree with most of what u guys said here, i cant help but notice that a lot of stuff they "say" about specific horoscopes is right! Obviously not everything is, but at least some it is. I mean, that cant just be just coincidence. At least thats what i believe. Most horoscopes arent even similar, so there is no chance to "just shoot in the dark and hope it hits".

Just giving arguments to "how astrology might not be as useless and pointless as people say". And trust me, im quite uninterested with these kinds of topics as well.
----
Games don't make people violent, lag does.
26.05.2008 - 12:17
BloodTears
ANA-thema
Written by MadGatsu on 26.05.2008 at 11:26

Although i agree with most of what u guys said here, i cant help but notice that a lot of stuff they "say" about specific horoscopes is right! Obviously not everything is, but at least some it is. I mean, that cant just be just coincidence. At least thats what i believe. Most horoscopes arent even similar, so there is no chance to "just shoot in the dark and hope it hits".

Just giving arguments to "how astrology might not be as useless and pointless as people say". And trust me, im quite uninterested with these kinds of topics as well.

Its true that they get a lot of things right. I'm Gemini and they absolutely got my personality right, so where does that come from?
They must be doing something right.
----
Written by BloodTears on 19.08.2011 at 18:29

Like you could kiss my ass.

My Instagram
26.05.2008 - 18:45
MadGatsu

Written by BloodTears on 26.05.2008 at 12:17

Written by MadGatsu on 26.05.2008 at 11:26

Its true that they get a lot of things right. I'm Gemini and they absolutely got my personality right, so where does that come from?
They must be doing something right.

I wonder myself too. Maybe statistic? They pick like 10000 guys form each horoscope, study their personality and generalize it? Or maybe that was done centuries ago and statistic just remains the same? I have no idea O.o
----
01.11.2009 - 01:15
NiederHaven

I'm Sagittarius. But I don't give much attention to astrology...
02.11.2009 - 18:30
X-Ray Rod
Skandino
That poll sucks... it doesn't have place for Sagittarius, and that one rocks harder than most of the others!
----
Like you could kiss my ass
Written by Milena on 20.06.2012 at 10:49
Rod, let me love you.
03.11.2009 - 01:03
Haddonfield
Chucky's Bride
Capricorn, I'm born on the same day as Presley and Bowie, that's gotta say something.
----

"Seasons don't fear the reaper. Nor do the wind, the sun and the rain (we can be like they are)."
04.11.2009 - 10:56
MadGatsu

Written by X-Ray Rod on 02.11.2009 at 18:30

That poll sucks... it doesn't have place for Sagittarius, and that one rocks harder than most of the others!

It has limited number of choices. Hence why i put one for "Others". Might wanna know things better before ranting.
----
04.11.2009 - 18:11
X-Ray Rod
Skandino
Written by MadGatsu on 04.11.2009 at 10:56

It has limited number of choices. Hence why i put one for "Others". Might wanna know things better before ranting.

Hey man, I know exactly why Sagittarius isn't there, you just couldn't notice I wasn't serious.

I just don't like to put smiles on the posts. I guess I need to put a big smile so people get the sarcasm. ( )
----
Rod, let me love you.
04.11.2009 - 22:43
Elio
Red Nightmare
Written by X-Ray Rod on 04.11.2009 at 18:11

Hey man, I know exactly why Sagittarius isn't there, you just couldn't notice I wasn't serious.

I just don't like to put smiles on the posts. I guess I need to put a big smile so people get the sarcasm. ( )

Shut the fuck up!

And yay, Leo is winning
----
IntoPlighT said: "Slipknot is 15 years old how the fuck is that Nu metal?"

BEST. QUOTE. EVER.
05.11.2009 - 11:24
MadGatsu

Written by Elio on 04.11.2009 at 22:43

Written by X-Ray Rod on 04.11.2009 at 18:11

Shut the fuck up!

And yay, Leo is winning

Actually, "Others" is technically winning XD
----
09.11.2009 - 09:45
Daggon
Underpaid M.D.
I'm a Gemini, but c'mon guys you don't really believe in astrology right?
----
"Les vers savent qu'ils n'ont pas d'ailes, c'est pour cela qu'ils se cachent sous terre"
09.11.2009 - 10:40
Warman
Erotic Stains
Written by Daggon on 09.11.2009 at 09:45

I'm a Gemini, but c'mon guys you don't really believe in astrology right?

Haha I certainly don't think it has anything to do with my taste in music at least.
----
09.12.2009 - 05:28
Richard

Exactly - some people claim that astrology is bunk and has nothing to do with musical taste - but is it mere coincidence that the coolest and most fucken Metal people happen to be Sagittarius?!

BTW, I voted 'other'. Sagittarius, in case anyone was wondering..!

EDIT: And Mr. Doctor and I not only share the same sign, but the same birthdate (apart from the year)!
----
09.12.2009 - 16:52
X-Ray Rod
Skandino
Written by Richard on 09.12.2009 at 05:28

EDIT: And Mr. Doctor and I not only share the same sign, but the same birthdate (apart from the year)!

Yeah I know I posted in the Birthday thread that day and wished you a good day
----
Rod, let me love you.
09.12.2009 - 16:57
MadGatsu

Written by X-Ray Rod on 09.12.2009 at 16:52

I'd say the chances of you having the same astrological sign given you were born in the same day are quite...hm...how should i put it....good?
----
09.12.2009 - 21:48
Ragana
Rawrcat
If horoscopes influenced music tastes, me and Janne (my far-away-almost-twin brother) would listen to the same music... but we don't. Hmm... and I'm Leo. Sort of.
10.12.2009 - 01:42
Richard

Written by X-Ray Rod on 09.12.2009 at 16:52

Well, rather belated good wishes to you too then, sir!

Sagittarius is also the ninth sign.. and the number 9 has a lot of significance in various ways, associated with the occult and stuff. Also it's one of the few 'fire' signs. Yes, it all sounds very Metal! We win.

@Madgatsu, well quite..!
----
10.12.2009 - 17:42
X-Ray Rod
Skandino
Written by Ragana on 09.12.2009 at 21:48

Hmm... and I'm Leo. Sort of.

What do you mean by sort of?
You don't know when you were born or what?
----
Rod, let me love you.
10.12.2009 - 18:19
MadGatsu

Written by X-Ray Rod on 10.12.2009 at 17:42

Im sure there's a good (and perhaps funny) explanation for that Care to indulge us Ragana?
----
11.12.2009 - 01:49
Ragana
Rawrcat
Written by MadGatsu on 10.12.2009 at 18:19

Written by X-Ray Rod on 10.12.2009 at 17:42

Im sure there's a good (and perhaps funny) explanation for that Care to indulge us Ragana?

Of course, why not?

Simply, I've born on the day when these horoscope signs change. I've seen different variations of the time when Leo is replacing Cancer - 22nd of July, 23rd of July, 24th of July. So, since I've born on 23rd of July, I certainly don't have all qualities a typical Leo has but I have some of Cancer's. So... I'm constantly being in contradiction to myself. Sometimes I feel completely fake because I always look at things from two different sides and, once I have explained only one of them, I don't have the chance to say that I can understand the other side too. Then the person I'm talking with thinks I'm thinking like that and he/she is free to start a fight with me because of my point of view or agrees to it so much that I kinda feel stupid because I don't fully agree with it.

I'm not even sure this thing I wrote is even readable or understandable, haha.
11.12.2009 - 02:05
Richard

Written by Ragana on 11.12.2009 at 01:49

Of course, why not?

Simply, I've born on the day when these horoscope signs change. I've seen different variations of the time when Leo is replacing Cancer - 22nd of July, 23rd of July, 24th of July. So, since I've born on 23rd of July, I certainly don't have all qualities a typical Leo has but I have some of Cancer's. So... I'm constantly being in contradiction to myself. Sometimes I feel completely fake because I always look at things from two different sides and, once I have explained only one of them, I don't have the chance to say that I can understand the other side too. Then the person I'm talking with thinks I'm thinking like that and he/she is free to start a fight with me because of my point of view or agrees to it so much that I kinda feel stupid because I don't fully agree with it.

I'm not even sure this thing I wrote is even readable or understandable, haha.

So you were born 'on the cusp', so to speak? It's interesting that you identify with both signs in certain ways, and yes, it was understandable.

Ultimately, I think the whole star sign thing is just a bit of fun anyway and not to be taken literally. (Although people who are Sagittarius genuinely are uber Metal, of course! )
----
11.12.2009 - 02:09
Darkside Momo
Retired
Written by Richard on 10.12.2009 at 01:42

Yes, it all sounds very Metal! We win.

Blah blah blah

Pisces may not sound that metal, with all their emotions, sensibility and stuff, but they win ALL THE WAY, I tell you! Steve Harris, Jaz Coleman, Warrel Dane, John Shaffer... Stop it! But yeah, I share my birthday with Timo Kotipelto... : and our almighty destroyah

Funny side note, I even have a song about my birthday... It's 'The Ides Of March' by Iron Maiden (who else). The Ides (mid-month) of march is the day Julius Caesar was murdered. That's pretty metal too, finally
----
My Author's Blog (in French)

"You must stay drunk on writing so reality cannot destroy you"

"I've lost too many years now
I'm stealing back my soul
I am awake"