Metal Storm logo
On Thorns I Lay

17.09.2007 - 19:06
iaberis
Advice Troll
Has anyone heard On Thorns I Lay? A great Doom/Gothic band from Greece/Romania.

They've released some great stuff, but currently are on hiatus
I wonder where they've been, what are they up to...
Recently their website went down and also their record label (Black Lotus) broke down too.
I've heard they signed to Sleaszy Rider Records, but no website is up again.

Anyone has any news from them or knows where to find their first two releases? They seem to be off print...
----
Bitch! Please
17.09.2007 - 21:07
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
I know this vand, but never I had been fan of them dunno why i can lsiten ewery album but somehow thay dont give me what i expected of gothic/doom better listen Luminaria m,n
----
I stand whit Ukraine and Israel. They have right to defend own citizens.

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
21.09.2007 - 11:41
BloodTears
ANA-thema
Elite
I have their "Crystal Tears" album, and I think it is a good album. I never heard anything else from them so I can only base my opinion on this album. I think most of their lyrics are interesting. But somehow I don't love them. There's something missing there.
----
Written by BloodTears on 19.08.2011 at 18:29

Like you could kiss my ass.

My Instagram
21.09.2007 - 12:25
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by BloodTears on 21.09.2007 at 11:41

There's something missing there.

Totaly agree about it but dunno what
----
I stand whit Ukraine and Israel. They have right to defend own citizens.

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
21.09.2007 - 15:50
iaberis
Advice Troll
I have 3 albums, Crystal Tears, Angeldust and Egocentric and I'm looking to find the rest.
Yeah there is something missing, but some songs are really good. I wish they'd make more like that...
----
Bitch! Please
22.03.2008 - 06:59
Jason W.
Razorbliss
Staff
I've been ripping all my CDs I've bought over the years into my computer, and just had a chance to listen to Crystal Tears and Future Narcotic for the first time in probably 2 years, I'm sure. While I regularly listen to "Egocentric," I'd forgotten how inspired these CDs are as well...! Particularly "Crystal Tears" has lush atmosphere and melodies (even if there are some lyrical grammar mistakes) that is still unique. I still feel the band's masterpiece is "Egocentric," but songs like "Feeling" and "Obsession" are more than worthy of great respect to me.

I really miss this band

The last update I can find is on their label's page, in March of 2007, saying their 7th album will be titled "Precious Silence."
----
"After silence that which comes nearest to expressing the inexpressible is music." - Aldous Huxley
22.03.2008 - 15:24
FOOCK Nam
I have one album of this band, but havent been listening much, but if Im correct, they are more to gothic than doom.
22.03.2008 - 16:14
iaberis
Advice Troll
Yeah they do have a doom atmosphere but they're mostly gothic.
I think my favourite album of them is Egocentric too...
----
Bitch! Please
05.02.2009 - 14:17
I think you can't say what genre they are because all of their albums are so different.

The first one "Sounds of Beautiful Experience" has an interesting title and beautiful cover art but unfortunately the music isn't quite as good. Well, it has its moments but mostly it sounds a bit demo-ish. "Orama" then, is my favourite, it's something beyond words... it's probably their most doom-death album but in a very dreamy and atmospheric way. Splendid. "Crystal Tears" (their most gothic metal album) is also quite good I must admit (but in my opinion not nearly as good as Orama). "Future Narcotic" is basically good but a bit difficult to get into. Quite experimental. "Angeldust" is nice gothic rock/metal album, not very original but ok. "Egocentric" I haven't listened much because when I last tried I didn't like it... but I guess I'll give it another try sometime.
10.02.2009 - 01:18
Joker
One of my favourite bands, very strange music evolution they had, but still very good, different from what they started earlier, i have five albums from them, i think u should start listening from the first record, then you'll love them, though i prefer their two first records, the second one called "Orama" i think it's a legend, this album is a music style in itself, a kind of concept album about seas and oceans and islands, this may sound silly, but when listening to it, u find ur self sitting on the shore at a midsummer night, it's really amazing, it's the only album who can gives u the right (ocean feelings) in music, every song is simply excellent, i think it's a must have for everyone..believe me it's way beyond what i've said..
11.02.2009 - 02:43
john_mcc
I actually liked their last album the most, it was not metal at all but I think that they really found the sound that suits them best on that album, and all of the songs on it were fantastic. Their previous albums were good, but not great, whereas Egocentric was a great album for it's style.
11.02.2009 - 03:01
Jason W.
Razorbliss
Staff
Written by john_mcc on 11.02.2009 at 02:43

I actually liked their last album the most, it was not metal at all but I think that they really found the sound that suits them best on that album, and all of the songs on it were fantastic. Their previous albums were good, but not great, whereas Egocentric was a great album for it's style.

Ahh finally a post expressing the same thoughts I have... "Egocentric" is miles above their previous works lyrically... sure it's their least "metal" but there isn't a flaw on the album IMO. It's a mainstay in my mp3 player, and has quite a broad appeal I think - lots of nonmetal fans love this disc too.
----
"After silence that which comes nearest to expressing the inexpressible is music." - Aldous Huxley