Metal Storm logo
Dreams Of Sanity

21.09.2007 - 09:12
Jason W.
Razorbliss
Now that former vocalist Sandra has now joined Elis and recorded some material, I'd like to bring back to light the band that helped her create the reputation she deserves. Dreams Of Sanity had a fascination with conceptual or themed lyrics and album structures, and I feel are best listened to when you have the time to enjoy a full album at a time. This is no easy "Gothic" metal, but an often-times offbeat and difficult female fronted metal band, yet always one that brings forth a warm, melodic sound.

Any thoughts on the band's 3 releases, or personal favorite songs? My choices are "The Beginning That Lies" and "Komodia II - The Dream"
----
"After silence that which comes nearest to expressing the inexpressible is music." - Aldous Huxley
21.09.2007 - 09:49
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Jason W. on 21.09.2007 at 09:12

Now that former vocalist Sandra has now joined Elis and recorded some material, I'd like to bring back to light the band that helped her create the reputation she deserves. Dreams Of Sanity had a fascination with conceptual or themed lyrics and album structures, and I feel are best listened to when you have the time to enjoy a full album at a time. This is no easy "Gothic" metal, but an often-times offbeat and difficult female fronted metal band, yet always one that brings forth a warm, melodic sound.

Any thoughts on the band's 3 releases, or personal favorite songs? My choices are "The Beginning That Lies" and "Komodia II - The Dream"

Also she was member of Siegfried
I know this band somehow thay arent so popular how shood be, thay are underated, newer generation metalheads dont know such good bands, unfortunatly I have no albums but i had some songs and i had hera this band in pats, werry good and awsome
----
Life is to short for LOVE, there is many great things to do online !!!

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
21.09.2007 - 10:22
Jason W.
Razorbliss
Written by Bad English on 21.09.2007 at 09:49

I know this band somehow thay arent so popular how shood be, thay are underated, newer generation metalheads dont know such good bands, unfortunatly I have no albums but i had some songs and i had hera this band in pats, werry good and awsome

You're totally right about them being underrated... I hope that Sandra's presence in Elis will help people realize that this band existed and the more curious fans will search out their music I have found that their CDs are difficult to find, which really does not help potential new fans in finding out about Dreams Of Sanity's music, though! I just purchased their "Komodia" CD, which I thought I'd never find here in the USA, but thankfully someone imported it for me rather inexpensively....

Dreams Of Sanity unfortunately disappeared right about the time the internet music scene was taking off, and I've found that any underground band that broke up or had a small label before 2000-2001 or so seems to be forgotten over time.
----
"After silence that which comes nearest to expressing the inexpressible is music." - Aldous Huxley
21.09.2007 - 10:31
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Jason W. on 21.09.2007 at 10:22

Written by Bad English on 21.09.2007 at 09:49

You're totally right about them being underrated... I hope that Sandra's presence in Elis will help people realize that this band existed and the more curious fans will search out their music I have found that their CDs are difficult to find, which really does not help potential new fans in finding out about Dreams Of Sanity's music, though! I just purchased their "Komodia" CD, which I thought I'd never find here in the USA, but thankfully someone imported it for me rather inexpensively....

Dreams Of Sanity unfortunately disappeared right about the time the internet music scene was taking off, and I've found that any underground band that broke up or had a small label before 2000-2001 or so seems to be forgotten over time.

Man since my old PC died I search polish band Sacriversum and its mor eunderground how this, but i realy like DoS and about CD I try to dounloud something but still its hard to find full album, realy hard
About Elis I agree it can help but somehow young metalheads are afraid of old stuff and old bands, wierd it is but moiust of young ppl know npwdays non imoprtant underground bands but good band sfrom 70's, 80's 90's has forgoten, ppl in your age knows more I wish I was lived then (in Free Europe not USSR )

Maybe thay will release for new or re-recordet for new albums since she are in Elis now but we had Metal-archives where we can get lyrics and enjoy of poetry
----
Life is to short for LOVE, there is many great things to do online !!!

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing