Metal Storm logo
Racer X

22.09.2007 - 03:24
Soliloquy

i'm not exactly sure where this goes....so move it at will

anyways, i'm surprised that no one really mentioned paul gilbert here yet. i mean, there have been numerous times where guitarists like yngwie malmsteen, vai, satriani, and angelo batio have been talked about. but where is paul gilbert?!

anywho, as of late, been digging up his stuff from racer X and loving every bit of it...though supposedly racer x has a vocalist...and all the stuff i am finding by racer x, its all paul gilberts shredding stuff. either way, i like it

your thoughts?
----

now get on your knees and worship me!
-Zakk Wylde
22.09.2007 - 07:48
ASiema113

Well I've stumbled upon Racer X's work and I agree with you that Gibert deserves some recognition and while I do enjoy the instrumental part of X's work the lyrics are somewhat corny. And usually this isn't a problem for me since I mostly base bands on instrumental talent although a good singer is always appreciated such as the wonderful David Lee Roth for example. But I guess that's why I stick mostly to their instrumentals or that's what I'm really fond of from this band and see as their best works such as "Technical Difficulties", "Scarified", and "Viking Kong" just to name a few. Not a bad line up seeing how thier original drummer moved on to play for Judas Priest, and Gilbert has gotten onto Satriani's G3 tour so I guess all they really needed was a singer who can right something meaningful.

But I guess an apple's an apple, even if you happen to find a worm in it.
----

Written by Guest on 18.01.2008 at 09:05

People are always at their very best when they're dead.
22.09.2007 - 22:08
Hellish Star

I really loved the albums from the eighties... Wouldn't know how the later works sounds like....
----
www.myspace.com/hellishstar

Metal To Infiity Webzine: http://users.telenet.be/metaltoinfinity/MTIindex.htm
23.09.2007 - 09:00
MaidenVarius
Account deleted
A truly underrated band, hell I even liked Mr. Big. I haven't heard a whole lot from these guys but I have heard quite a bit. I really enjoy these guys. Paul Gilbert shows us great skill, he also shows a lot when he teams up with billy sheehan (a bass god) in mr. big. The only problem I have with these guys, is they do tend to be overtly cheesy at times.. but that doesn't really matter at all.
23.09.2007 - 11:05
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Hellish Star on 22.09.2007 at 22:08

I really loved the albums from the eighties... Wouldn't know how the later works sounds like....

Me too I dont like newest albums, but 80ties stuff are awsome
----
Life is to short for LOVE, there is many great things to do online !!!

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
24.09.2007 - 05:33
Dane Train
Beers & Kilts
Oh, what a great band. I have been a fan of Paul Gilbert for many years. Mr. Big was a great band. Racer X might just be better.
----
(space for rent)
24.09.2007 - 07:32
Soliloquy

i dont know..i heard bunch of stuff from mr. big, and i didnt really like it too much. most of it got too soft and monotone after a while...considering that it had billy sheehan on bass, and gilbert on guitar. i mean, these two are insane shredders! not acoustic pop/soft rock stuff....
----

now get on your knees and worship me!
-Zakk Wylde
24.09.2007 - 09:34
VenoM_BM
Account deleted
A really good and underrated band, Scott Travis of Priest fame is their drummer, and i know they are good friends with the Priest guys, also they recorded "Heart of the Lion" a Judas Priest cover, before Judas Priest released it anywhere if i remember correctly!
25.09.2007 - 07:34
Judas
The Amputator
I have 'Street Lethal' (downloaded, since I can't find it in local stores) and it's quite a magnificent slab of virtuosity mixed with actual good music.
----
"Once the game is over, the king and the pawn both go back into the same box."
10.06.2008 - 05:08
LeChron James
Helvetesfossen
paul gilbert's solo music is awful compared to his Racer X music. his solo stuff is more alternative and slow, which may be good for some people. but i prefer the faster and more aggressive work of Racer X.
----
Kick Ass, Die Young

Less is More
Stay Pure
Stay Poor

Music was my life, music brought me to life and music is how I will be remembered long after I leave this life. When I die there will be a final waltz in my head that only I can hear.
08.07.2008 - 17:20
Thryce
Retired Staff
I was wondering, is their live album "Snowball Of Doom - Live At The Whisky" any good?
----
Your favorite band sucks.