Metal Storm logo
Favourite punk band

Original post

Posted by Account deleted, 27.09.2007 - 03:50
alright,welcome to my punk thread.first of all,people need to make more punk threads.

anyway,i need to know your favourite punk bands and why.And i dont want to hear stories of the lame AFI kids or the fall out boy kids.

My favourite band is tough,but right now it has to be bad religion.They've been a band for around 25 years,and still writing rad music.I love their music,and especially their deep lyrics,which are associated with social issues,religion,and politics.they seemed to get better when they reunited in 2002 to make "the process of beleif".And their new album is very good as well.Well punkers,now its your turn.
26.02.2009 - 06:05
Thrashard
I don't listen to much punk at all, but The Misfits have been getting some attention from me lately. Static Age is a great album and Last caress is such an addicting song...
28.02.2009 - 06:02
Galar
Wicked Mung
Adrenalin o.d.!!!! If fenriz likes it, it has to be the best ever. Rock and roll gas station!!! Vintage stuff, man.
----
YOUR ARGUMENT IS INVALID, SUCK A DICK
26.03.2009 - 12:36
Voidwalker
Lately I've been listening to Die Kruezen. I suggest the first album. Hardcore punk in it's true form.
04.04.2009 - 16:09
Crimson Lily
Account deleted
Well, I know it's cliche but I like The Sex Pistols the most, and my other favorite punk band is X. Both bands have excellent songs with excellent lyrics. I like many punk bands, but these two are definitely my favorite ones.
04.04.2009 - 17:53
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Guest on 04.04.2009 at 16:09

Well, I know it's cliche but I like The Sex Pistols the most, and my other favorite punk band is X. Both bands have excellent songs with excellent lyrics. I like many punk bands, but these two are definitely my favorite ones.

Sex Pistols lyrics in those days God Save The Queen

God Save The Queen lyrics
God save the queen
The fascist regime
They made you a moron
Potential H-bomb

God save the queen
She aint no human being
There is no future
In England's dreaming

In that time ''Is this the M.P.L.A or
Is this the U.D.A or
Is this the I.R.A
I thought it was the UK
Or just another country
Another council tenancy''

do you kmnow how strong it provike sociatey in those days, specely I.R.A
Seems englsih hated IRA more how bad thinks about queen, realy good way to provike soiecty
----
I stand whit Ukraine and Israel. They have right to defend own citizens.

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
04.04.2009 - 18:01
Crimson Lily
Account deleted
Hi, Bad English! You're right, the song was very provoking! But with good reason, I mean they were very true and straight-to-the-point. That's why they will remain a classic punk band methinks!
04.04.2009 - 18:06
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Guest on 04.04.2009 at 18:01

Hi, Bad English! You're right, the song was very provoking! But with good reason, I mean they were very true and straight-to-the-point. That's why they will remain a classic punk band methinks!

Nowdays it dont works , nowdays only what can provioke is hurt gay fealings, its only way to provoke socety
Not lyrics, not look, not hir, not boots, anything cant provoke it and punk menaing was provoke, nowday seems its gone and punks to even muisc band exist but its like skin heads whit out Dr. martens
----
I stand whit Ukraine and Israel. They have right to defend own citizens.

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
04.04.2009 - 19:22
Elio
Red Nightmare
I don't know if I already posted something here, anyway, I'm not a great expert of punk. NoMeansNo and Minor Threat are undeniablly good though.
----
IntoPlighT said: "Slipknot is 15 years old how the fuck is that Nu metal?"

BEST. QUOTE. EVER.
26.07.2009 - 20:37
Saitenhexerin
I am not really into punk...but do the Ramones count as punk?
I love them^^ Every time I listen to them again, I feel like 15 and i am happy =)
----
- When I die, bury me in smoke.
- Defendress of the Faith.
27.07.2009 - 05:49
Doc G.
Full Grown Hoser
Staff
Written by Saitenhexerin on 26.07.2009 at 20:37

I am not really into punk...but do the Ramones count as punk?
I love them^^ Every time I listen to them again, I feel like 15 and i am happy =)

Ramones count. Do Black Sabbath count as metal?

Seriously though, I don't think its possible to be upset while listening to the Ramones, especially Rocket To Russia, that album is pure bouncy surfer rock. Man has their music pulled me through some tough times...
----
"I got a lot of really good ideas, problem is, most of them suck."
- George Carlin
27.07.2009 - 15:32
Haddonfield
Chucky's Bride
For old bands, I'd have to go for the Ramones and the Misfits. More recent ones would be Rancid, Dropkick Murphys and the Donnas.
----

"Seasons don't fear the reaper. Nor do the wind, the sun and the rain (we can be like they are)."
27.07.2009 - 20:37
arwestromen
I have to say that my favorite punk band must be the misfits both with Danzig and Graves on the vocals...also some other horror punk bands like blitzkid and the order of the fly
----
Don't fuck with sweden
We gave you IKEA
29.07.2009 - 18:14
Southern Wind
Account deleted
Black Flag.... two summers ago I left all my cds in Santiago when I went southwards with my friends and all we had was a Black Flag cd that we played to destruction... it's the only punk band I regulary listen to along with Sex Pistols and The Clash... I had never been interested in getting deeper into the genre.
02.08.2009 - 03:19
Bolt Thrower
Account deleted
Misfits
06.08.2009 - 14:28
msensei_79
Account deleted
My favs are:

1 - Ramones
2 - Dead Kennedys
3 - Misfits
4 - Anti-Flag
5 - Propagandhi
26.08.2009 - 00:15
{aud}devil
Lush McGee
Ramones, Dead Kennedys, Descendents, Misfits, Rancid, and dunno if it classify as punk really but Suicidal Tendencies
----
Awesome sauce, chicken boss!
Laugh until it means something
30.08.2009 - 04:14
metalhead3
Mistfits,Ska-P (spanish ska punk band),Billy Talent
31.08.2009 - 20:29
Galar
Wicked Mung
Adrenalin o.d PROPS to Fenriz for introducing them to me.

ROCK AND ROLL GAS STATION..
BANG YOUR HEAD
----
YOUR ARGUMENT IS INVALID, SUCK A DICK
02.11.2009 - 09:04
Angelic Storm
Melodious
Old: The Ramones, Misfits, Sex Pistols

New: The Offspring, Green Day
23.11.2009 - 18:40
I can't really say since I haven't listened to that much punk (about 8 or 10 bands), but I would say that it would be either the Michale Graves-era Misfits or John Zorn.
23.11.2009 - 21:29
Haddonfield
Chucky's Bride
Written by {aud}devil on 26.08.2009 at 00:15

and dunno if it classify as punk really but Suicidal Tendencies

To me they are Hardcore Punk. Some call them thrash metal but to me their punk edge overrides anything else.
----

"Seasons don't fear the reaper. Nor do the wind, the sun and the rain (we can be like they are)."
24.11.2009 - 00:56
BitterCOld
The Ancient One
Admin
Written by Haddonfield on 23.11.2009 at 21:29

Written by {aud}devil on 26.08.2009 at 00:15

and dunno if it classify as punk really but Suicidal Tendencies

To me they are Hardcore Punk. Some call them thrash metal but to me their punk edge overrides anything else.

they are cross-over... basically where thrash and punk meet. the first two albums are more hardcore punk (the original has a lot of metal overtones, though), but by the third album How Will I Laugh Tomorrow they are clearly more on the thrash side of the fence.
----
get the fuck off my lawn.

Beer Bug Virus Spotify Playlist crafted by Nikarg and I. Feel free to tune in and add some pertinent metal tunes!
24.11.2009 - 01:29
Angelic Storm
Melodious
For two albums, ("How Will I Laugh Tomorrow" and "Lights, Camera, Revolution") Suicidal Tendencies were more or less a thrash band, with slight punk overtones. "Art Of Rebellion" was more an alternative metal album, with occasional thrash flourishes. The first two albums were more punkish, though there was still a heavy metallic edge to them as well.

Oh, and Suicidal are an awesome band!
24.11.2009 - 05:11
Derwood
This is as bad as picking a favourite classic rock band.

I'm definitely a fan of first wave punk. Ramones, Sex Pistols, The Clash, The Exploited, Bad Brains, even Generation X's first two albums...

Then again, there's early hardcore with the likes of the Dead Kennedys, Black Flag, Fear, DRI...

Damnit, now I miss my mohawk.
----
You can't fight evil with a macaroni duck!
24.11.2009 - 20:16
THE_BLACK_GOD
Account deleted
At least I know I dont like new punks as green day or ... and didnt try old punks so much neither, but I like Billy Idol for sure specially the song called "White Wedding (Part 1)".
25.11.2009 - 04:16
kkktookmybaby
Old: Ramones, Adolescents, Black Flag, The Adicts

New:Less Than Jake, Nofx, The Unseen
26.11.2009 - 18:56
BitterCOld
The Ancient One
Admin
Great black flag clip here.
----
get the fuck off my lawn.

Beer Bug Virus Spotify Playlist crafted by Nikarg and I. Feel free to tune in and add some pertinent metal tunes!
26.11.2009 - 20:44
Miro
Mine are Dropkick Murphys,Flogging Molly, Hladno Pivo and Ramones.
29.12.2009 - 23:37
Don Martin
le fu-
Dead Kennedy's definitely are my favorites and Ramones was the band that got me into music, i'm a punk at heart. Just bought DK's IN GOD WE TRUST INC. EP on vinyl today (everything sounds better on LP )
----
What a tackastrophe!
30.12.2009 - 02:04
Culty
Well when i was going through my punk phase a few years ago.. i liked Me First An The Gimme Gimmes(im not sure would they be ska or punk??), NOFX, and Propagandhi. Well i mean i liked more bands than just those three but those are the first ones that come to mind.
----
Gfnttlr