Metal Storm logo
Favourite punk band

Original post

Posted by Account deleted, 27.09.2007 - 03:50
alright,welcome to my punk thread.first of all,people need to make more punk threads.

anyway,i need to know your favourite punk bands and why.And i dont want to hear stories of the lame AFI kids or the fall out boy kids.

My favourite band is tough,but right now it has to be bad religion.They've been a band for around 25 years,and still writing rad music.I love their music,and especially their deep lyrics,which are associated with social issues,religion,and politics.they seemed to get better when they reunited in 2002 to make "the process of beleif".And their new album is very good as well.Well punkers,now its your turn.
30.12.2009 - 04:29
BitterCOld
The Ancient One
admin
Written by Culty on 30.12.2009 at 02:04

Well when i was going through my punk phase a few years ago.. i liked Me First An The Gimme Gimmes(im not sure would they be ska or punk??), NOFX, and Propagandhi. Well i mean i liked more bands than just those three but those are the first ones that come to mind.

seeing as there is no horn section, Me First is probably not a ska band...
----
get the fuck off my lawn.

Beer Bug Virus Spotify Playlist crafted by Nikarg and I. Feel free to tune in and add some pertinent metal tunes!
30.12.2009 - 04:34
Culty
Hmm i though i remembered some horns in a few of their songs.... Nope nevermind you're right... I feel kinda dumb haha
----
Gfnttlr
06.02.2010 - 00:18
Misandry
Well, for some strange reason I really like the Queers. No clue why.

And in my city, there are a lot of underground punk bands that are pretty good. And all their shows are free. Which is an added bonus.
----
"Death solves all problems. No man, no problem." - Stalin
06.02.2010 - 00:38
Fat & Sassy!
elite
Written by Misandry on 06.02.2010 at 00:18

Well, for some strange reason I really like the Queers.

I BET YOU DO! >:[
(XD Was that distasteful?)

And in my city, there are a lot of underground punk bands that are pretty good. And all their shows are free. Which is an added bonus.

God, I miss living in a city. When I lived in Vegas, I used to go to those types of shows all the time. I had friends that were really into the scene.

Written by Culty on 30.12.2009 at 02:04

Well when i was going through my punk phase a few years ago.. i liked Me First An The Gimme Gimmes(im not sure would they be ska or punk??), NOFX, and Propagandhi. Well i mean i liked more bands than just those three but those are the first ones that come to mind.

Oh man, Propagandi! That brings back memories. XD Never was a big fan, but Ska Sucks is always a fun song to listen to.

I'd have to say that I'm more into post-punk music, but one band I always liked was The Adicts. Sound of Music is a classic album that will always be one of my favorites. Also, I liked Against Me! a lot before they kinda bastardized themselves. :l
06.02.2010 - 00:42
Misandry
Written by Fat & Sassy! on 06.02.2010 at 00:38

Well, for some strange reason I really like the Queers.

I BET YOU DO! >:[
(XD Was that distasteful?)

ROFL. No. That was delightful! And also true.
----
"Death solves all problems. No man, no problem." - Stalin
07.02.2010 - 05:21
Tormentor666
Does hardcore punk count? If so, I must say that I really enjoy Agnostic Front's albums. Although I am not sure whether it could be my favourite or not.:lol:
----
WARFARE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
14.02.2010 - 11:51
Soulweeper
Social Distortion & The Misfits(old Stuff) is the only punk music i like
14.02.2010 - 12:01
Ellrohir
Heaven Knight
Last time i posted here in 2007, i must now mention Dropkick Murphys here

and other sort of punk - also SKA-P is something i can anytime in any amount

(second vid is more "punkish")
----
My rest seems now calm and deep
Finally I got my dead man sleep

18.03.2010 - 02:20
Mine list is as follows :

sunita die
dk
ramones
misfits
reagean youth ,

what u all think
18.03.2010 - 21:20
snook
1. Bad Religion - Looking musically and lyricaly they're far and away the best band in punk...

2. The Misfits - A group with a very unique appearence and style of playing. I find their lyrics as entertaining as their music.

3. The Ramones - Hehe. I find it very hard to see how someone would not like the jeans and black leather jacket combo . Not to mention the always amusing hairstyles... Other than that, one of the best and most important punk acts in history of music.

4. The Dead Kennedeys - They took little pieces of other punk groups and formed their own style. I certainly enjoyed their earlier work better than their last albums, but that's just me .

5. Black Flag - One of the most influential bands in punk, at least for the metal genre.
11.06.2010 - 00:01
The Ramones, Dead Boys and Sex Pistols
28.06.2010 - 19:21
vezzy
Stallmanite
Sex Pistols and The Clash. I'm not that into punk, but I love those two groups.
----
Licensed under the GPLv3.
Relinquish proprietary software for a greater GNU/America.
29.06.2010 - 04:38
The Turbanator
Not really a punk person but Kvelertak, Anti-Flag and The Offspring are two of my favorites.
----
In the name of forests; In the name of stars; In the name of all the seas; In the name of storms... Proud sons of ancient nation; Proud sons of sacred song in the wind; Proud sons behind a mirror of ice who told... Fathers of the icy age!!
29.06.2010 - 10:42
Abattoir
staff
Written by The Turbanator on 29.06.2010 at 04:38

Not really a punk person but Kvelertak, Anti-Flag and The Offspring are two of my favorites.

Yeah Anti-Flag is a pretty cool band, though they are more punk rock than punk band...as well as The Offspring.
20.07.2010 - 21:58
kkktookmybaby
RANCID, for the catchy songs

THE RABBLE, for the way they play many different styles of punk (ska,hardcore,etc)

& THE UNSEEN, because of Mark Unseens unique vocals
23.07.2010 - 03:10
Lit. Metalhead
Account deleted
Sex Pistols (The first Punk band I listened to and my favorite.)
Iggy Pop (Mostly I perfer his solo work more than his time with the Stooges, but I love them both. Plus, his chest is one of the reasons I became Bi.)
The Clash
The Dead Kennedys
A couple Billy Idol songs
The RAMONES
25.07.2010 - 20:00
snipo101
Boys Night Out. That Trainwreck Album is really something.
01.08.2010 - 04:04
Elio
Red Nightmare
Refused I guess. I'm no big fan of punk but this hardcore punk band was so awesome, one of my overall favourites.
----
IntoPlighT said: "Slipknot is 15 years old how the fuck is that Nu metal?"

BEST. QUOTE. EVER.
03.08.2010 - 20:37
SerratedSyringe
I'm really digging The Casualties lately.
----
Just another cog in this infernal machine....
06.08.2010 - 22:35
Mikyz
Written by The Turbanator on 29.06.2010 at 04:38

I'm digging Kvelertak too these days, but it's more like Blackcore, a mix between hardcore and Black Metal, it's pretty original.
----
Laugh and the world laughs with you. Weep and you weep alone.
12.08.2010 - 15:12
ferm
Favourite punk-bands are: Mob 47, Anti Cimex and Ebba Grön

Swedish punk is the best kind of punk I think
13.08.2010 - 12:00
Perseverance
Account deleted
Angry Aryans! Well I'm not sure if it's punk but it is H8core!
15.08.2010 - 01:59
speedsymphony
Oh man., forever i really like Ramones., Nirvana for grunge
27.10.2011 - 05:00
metalheadpunk
Account deleted
Hmmm i like alot of punk, but some of my favorites would have to be:

1. Black Flag
2. D.R.I. (both punk and metal stuff is good)
3. Iron Cross
4. Misfits
5. Minor Threat
27.10.2011 - 15:05
AnGina--
Dark Phoenix
I myself am a Ramones fan. I'm not into punk , I don't really know a lot of punk bands, but I love The Ramones, even though they were not ''pure'' punk, but they were on the scene back in the days, so I imagine they count I Want To Be Sedated is my hymn One punk band I also absolutely love is Niet, it's a slovenian punk band that was fairly popular in the late 80s, but disbanded in the early 90s, a few years after the death of the frontman Primoz Habis (drug overdose, very cliché, but sad & true). They were pure hardcore punk in the beginning, then they got a bit softer and went somehow with the punk-rock style. They actually gained a new singer a few years ago and decided to get back in the scene, but I can't seem to get in their newer works, I prefer the old stuff, I used to listen them as crazy as a teenager. And sometimes I put Misfits on as well, Misfits are fun too
----
You think darkness is your ally? You merely adopted the dark. I was born in it. Molded by it. I didn't see the light until I was a man. But it was nothing to me but blinding.
02.11.2011 - 16:54
_Andy_
I'd say The Sex Pistols. Apart from the fact that they kicked ass, I really love John's accent and Sid was... umm... pretty perfect *sniff sniff*. The Exploited are also great, though I only listened to a few songs. And I'll also put The Distillers on the list, cause they're one of the very few bands with female vocalists that I like. Anti-Flag have nice songs too.
----
Strike from behind and knock me to the ground
Kick me while I'm down!
Stab me in the back, you bastards
Tear my heart out of my chest!
I'll rise from the ashes, from these ruins of mine
A dozen of eyes for an eye - vengeance is mine!
02.11.2011 - 16:56
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
elite
Written by _Andy_ on 02.11.2011 at 16:54

... Sid was... umm... pretty perfect.

Except that he could play bass to save his life and probably hasn't recorded a not with it either
----
Member of the true crusade against European Flower Metal

Yesterday is dead and gone, tomorrow is out of sight
Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

02.11.2011 - 17:07
_Andy_
Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 02.11.2011 at 16:56

Except that he could play bass to save his life and probably hasn't recorded a not with it either

Well, I don't know much about the bass-thing, though it sounds decent to me. He seemed a nice guy, had a pretty face, but of course that chick had to come in and turn him into a junkie.
----
Kick me while I'm down!
02.11.2011 - 17:13
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
elite
Written by _Andy_ on 02.11.2011 at 17:07

Well, I don't know much about the bass-thing, though it sounds decent to me. He seemed a nice guy, had a pretty face, but of course that chick had to come in and turn him into a junkie.

He was already a junkie before he met Nancy.
What I am saying concerning his bass playing is that someone else recorded his bas parts. He was part of the band because Malcolm McLaren thought he would be brilliant for his image being the rebel he was. The Sex Pistols can be regarded as a boy band in that repspect because Malcolm formed them in that way looking for the right people to fill in the right places.
----
Member of the true crusade against European Flower Metal

Yesterday is dead and gone, tomorrow is out of sight
Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

02.11.2011 - 17:43
_Andy_
Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 02.11.2011 at 17:13

Written by _Andy_ on 02.11.2011 at 17:07

He was already a junkie before he met Nancy.
What I am saying concerning his bass playing is that someone else recorded his bas parts. He was part of the band because Malcolm McLaren thought he would be brilliant for his image being the rebel he was. The Sex Pistols can be regarded as a boy band in that repspect because Malcolm formed them in that way looking for the right people to fill in the right places.

Huh? I was pretty sure he started doing drugs after he met her. I didn't dig into that topic too much, so I guess you're right. Malcolm was kind of Captain Superficial, but he wouldn't just put him in the band because of his looks. If he couldn't play bass at all, their manager could've searched for a better bassist, rip his clothes off and tell him to do that upper lip thing.
----
Kick me while I'm down!