01. Perfect World
02. No Dawn Again
03. A Death In Autumn
04. It's Gone Too Far
05. The Burden
06. Only Pale Souvenirs
07. Last Broken Dream
08. Coma

WoW, WoW and WoW again. I'm sorry, but I felt like that's the only way I could express myself after hearing this album. Out of nowhere we suddenly have one of the finest epic doom metal bands and one of the best epic doom metal albums during the last couple of years.

I think it's shocking that such talented band is still unsigned, how can that be? I'm sure that if this was a black metal band then probably 50 labels had jumped over the band at once. Don't misunderstand me, I love black metal, but when I see such amazing band is still unsigned, then to me, this is another proof of how very underrated doom metal really is.

Enough of this, lets talk about the album itself which is passages first demo. But don't get fooled by hearing that it's a "demo" and think that it only contains 3-4 songs, because it's actually more of a full length album and contains 8 songs and 56 minutes of beautiful music.

The album starts with the song Perfect World, a very slow and emotional song filled with deep feelings. When you hear this song, you will immediately notice how talented the vocals are. The only complaint I have is the accent of the singer which is not always correct, same thing can probably also be said about the lyrics which shows that English is not really these guys strongest side. Beside the clean male vocals, the album also contains some beautiful female vocals on occasions, which add even more harmony and feeling to their music. Like many other doom bands, passage also uses keyboards, which are together with the guitars and the percussions mostly focused on creating an emotional atmosphere in the music.

I've also read in various other websites that people compare them to While Heaven Wept. I must say that although I think this is a good comparison, I also think that their music is too much of their own to be compared with any other band.

I can't choose any favourite track since in my opinion; every single song on this album is brilliant and different than the other. How could someone ever get bored of this?

Written by Azhidahak | 12.11.2004

Comments

Comments: 3   Visited by: 50 users
29.09.2007 - 16:59
Rating: 10
Passenger
Lost To Apathy
I remember getting a copy of this when the band released it independently, a few years ago, and it was amazing, prossibly the best demo I've ever recieved. I can't believe Passage is still so below the radar, I hope they release a new album soon, on a good label, to get attention.
----
You don't make up for your sins in church. You do it in the streets. You do it at home. The rest is bullshit and you know it ~ Mean Streets
28.05.2010 - 16:36
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Finally got hold of it as an original. A great album, but unfortunately it is let down a bit by the vocals, or to be more precise the weird pronunciation.
----
Member of the true crusade against European Flower Metal

Yesterday is dead and gone, tomorrow is out of sight
Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

10.10.2010 - 17:31
Rating: 7
MétalNoir
Fils du Lys
This band's members are also part of Moonlyght, a prog melodeath band that's so incredibly good I can't understand how the hell it's not one of the world's most popular bands... As a matter of fact, as soon as Robbie gets involved, it can't be anything but awesome.
----
Notre destinée n'est pas encore tracée....

Hits total: 3762 | This month: 7