Metal Storm logo
Dimmu Borgir - New Video Online

Dimmu Borgir's video for the track 'The Sacrilegious Scorn' has been posted online at this location.

The latest music video for the track 'The Sacrilegious Scorn' was done in collaboration with Joachim Luetke (http://www.luetke.com) and Rainer ZIPP Franzen (http://www.omniamedia.de).

'The Sacrilegious Scorn' comes off the band's latest offering, "In Sorte Diaboli", which was released on 27 April 2007 via Nuclear Blast Records.

Source: dimmu-borgir.com
Band profile: Dimmu Borgir
Posted: 30.09.2007 by White Winter Sun

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 24   Visited by: 13 users
30.09.2007 - 18:19
Rimfrost

Ridiculous.
30.09.2007 - 19:16
Der Meister
Account deleted
Of course it is, but it's pretty (wrong choise of word perhaps) to look at. They must have been feeling quite generous when paying for those costumes!
30.09.2007 - 20:07
Carrion
Account deleted
Funny But I liked the song, especially because of the drumming.
30.09.2007 - 20:58
bluemobiusx
Account deleted
This video is pretty lame. I don't care if it's black metal or whatever, the whole hate Christians thing is getting old, but I guess popular bands don't have any new ideas.
30.09.2007 - 22:49
mara

love the video
hail satan
30.09.2007 - 22:52
Ernis
狼獾
The video's such a cliché plus the Da Vinci Code referrances...this isn't even funny any more.....
01.10.2007 - 00:04
Winter Death
Account deleted
That sucked ass.
01.10.2007 - 01:08
Fhuesc

I really like it, this is the kind of music video that everyone should do... with some story, i fucking hate the videos where during the whole song the only thing that you see it's the band pretending that they are actually playing their instruments.
----
Hasta la victoria, siempre!
Until victory, always!
01.10.2007 - 05:46
+{Jonas}+
I R Serious Cat
Nice video, it's kinda different, and teh costumes are really cool. Shagrath looks weird with almost no make-up at all... Really nice video. But if teh same concept would've been dojne by Patric Ullaeus, like the previous one, it would've been much better.
----
"Nobody wants to be the weird kid, you just end up being the weird kid. You don't know how you ended up getting there" - Rob Zombie

http://jonas-bs.deviantart.com My dA, mainly photography, go check it out!
01.10.2007 - 12:27
DrunkenFuck
Thrasher!
Damn that sucked.. The song is great but the video is rediculous..
----
THRASH!!!
01.10.2007 - 14:21
Kaamos
Account deleted
Written by Ernis on 30.09.2007 at 22:52

...this isn't even funny any more.....

I disagree, it was damn hilarious.
01.10.2007 - 14:49
Katatronik
Angel of Lust
It's very good IMO, I found it pretty funny, especially the last supper scene...
----

"The oldest and strongest emotion of mankind is fear,
and the oldest and strongest kind of fear is fear of the unknown."
Howard Phillips Lovecraft
01.10.2007 - 22:16
Murder

hahahahaha... it's fucking hilarious XD
02.10.2007 - 01:29
Jiri

Wow, Shagrath got fat. He looks so different now from the way he used to look. That was probably the stupidest video I have seen in a while.
02.10.2007 - 01:46
Varegan
Hamranakara
not funny :p but i like it just for its drums no need too watch it just download it: http://www.dimmu-borgir.com/video/tss-high.mpg
----
Written by muthafucka on 08.07.2010 at 06:46

"METAL STORM" (LIGHTING STRIKES)
02.10.2007 - 06:25
Eternal Flames

This might just be the lamest video clip I've ever seen. I used to think Rhapsody Of Fire had cheesy video clips, but Dimmu Borgir has finally surpassed them all.

The satanic connotations and imagery in the video clip are overly exaggerated which just make it laughable. I personally didn't find the song too good either. It's a bit generic and repetitive.
02.10.2007 - 10:49
sn0

the she-satan (or who ever) was nice though
02.10.2007 - 11:14
Jason W.
Razorbliss
This video rocks! It just made the song even better now!
----
"After silence that which comes nearest to expressing the inexpressible is music." - Aldous Huxley
02.10.2007 - 19:55
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Better how other DB vids, but i dont like it and no doubt its be forbidden in Polish and German TV
----
Life is to short for LOVE, there is many great things to do online !!!

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
02.10.2007 - 22:45
Imraghil

wow nice video!! xD
05.10.2007 - 23:27
Darth Satanious
Post Destroyer
The best one they have done so far to my eyes. Surprises how different a song can be perceived after having images to attach the song to. There is something positive to find out from the fact that Dimmu Borgir has had a support from the public and an increased amount of money from sales and this video gives it away: they have enough money to make videos like this with the hateful message towards Christianity and made with high quality.

Dimmu Borgir is one of those bands nowadays that are carrying the anti-Christian message to a lot of people, and that I deeply respect.
----
Christless
15.10.2007 - 18:44
Aebsi

I was hoping for more story behind, or what happens next to, the priest from last video since it's supposed to be a concept album. Well i can't refuse to the fact that the video somewhat fits the message in the song if not perfectly, but what does this video have to do with the whole concept, or the storyline on the album to be more precise?

I agree to the fact this obvious hate christians is getting very tiresome to say the least, but the video looks nice and mabe with a little more work could've been a bit better.

Well... it's at least nice to see them enjoy themselves, that shows that they like what thei're doing and are having some fun while doing it, i guess after all that's what important.
----
Just be Yourself
21.10.2007 - 05:03
Apollyon
Account deleted
great videos, too bad they suck
01.02.2008 - 23:42
RhysTerk

Think The Serpentine offering and The Sinister awakening is the best songs from this album, which is good, but not very much.

Hits total: 3170 | This month: 3