Metal Storm logo
Warcraft III

01.10.2007 - 00:00
Remus

Really, this is my favourite game of all time.

I'm into racing and some FPSs but this takes the cake by far! I suppose it's the story-line that's so complex and intriguing, the graphics and of course the heroes and their auras.

It has an awesome expansion as well - The Frozen Throne wich is really more of the awesome original title.

So, what's your favourite race, favourite unit or favourite campain? Post away!
----
Procrastinate, NOW!
05.10.2007 - 04:17
+{Jonas}+
I R Serious Cat
Hey Warcraft III slams! My fav game too.The story is amazing, 'cause it's seenfrom every side: Humans, Orcs, Undead, Night elves, and blood elves.

Blood elves are my fav race. They kick ass. The enormous eyebrows and ears, the magic addiction, Kael and the spheres floating around him...

Orcs would be on second, 'cause they're not the dumb killing machines as in other games.. but a tormented race that only wants freedom and a place to call their own. Grom Hellscream hasto be the greatest hero I've ever seen in a videogame. The orc ending, where he kills Mannoroth with one blow of his axe... holy shit! That's epic.

Campaign, well, all are great, I don't like much the Night elves, they're too arrogant, even for elves, hehe.
----
"Nobody wants to be the weird kid, you just end up being the weird kid. You don't know how you ended up getting there" - Rob Zombie

http://jonas-bs.deviantart.com My dA, mainly photography, go check it out!
07.10.2007 - 16:51
Remus

Wow, ONE post in as many weeks. Woopty-freaking-doo.

Ok, ok, i'll go.

My favourite race in the original game would be the elves. I usually get 11 hyppographs and stick archers on them. That way, you only research the archers and when you put them on the flying beasts they aquire the tears previously researched for the archers(save resources). I also get the Priestess of the Moon for the tru-shot aura (level3) - it aides the archers and makes them become quite indestructible! Bears tear 3 are also freaking awesome!

But when i play the expansion, i usually go with the humans. They have lots of armour(when researched) and excellent siege weapons!

The undead, well thay are cheap and have really good city defences but i don't really pick them when i skirmish.

Orcs - can't stand them really, but taurens tear3 plus Tauren chieftain (endurance aura level3) make quite a good army.

Of course, the best thing about this game is the campain mode. My favourite comes from The Frozen Throne - it's obviously "The Founding of Durotar". Great story, many many quests and three of your heroes can go up to level 15 while the the tauren goes up to an amazing level 17! It's a mix between RTS and RPG.

Man, i only wish they would come ouy with a Warcraft IV
----
Procrastinate, NOW!
08.10.2007 - 14:32
Valentin B
Iconoclast
great game used to play it a lot, i like all races, but my fav would be orcs, cause of those damn good burrow defenses they have. my favourite campaign would have to be the RoC night elves campaign, where everything comes to an end(it's very much like LotR, where at the end of the Undead campaign and just before the Mannoroth cinematic you wonder "shit dude! how the hell will they get out of this??") and there's the titanic battle at the very end when there's like 0:30 secs Archimonde himself starts attacking!
12.10.2007 - 16:36
Raiden
Down Under Staff
Written by Remus on 07.10.2007 at 16:51

Wow, ONE post in as many weeks. Woopty-freaking-doo.

Ok, ok, i'll go.

My favourite race in the original game would be the elves. I usually get 11 hyppographs and stick archers on them. That way, you only research the archers and when you put them on the flying beasts they aquire the tears previously researched for the archers(save resources). I also get the Priestess of the Moon for the tru-shot aura (level3) - it aides the archers and makes them become quite indestructible! Bears tear 3 are also freaking awesome!

Hmm, the Night Elves are fine, but you really need more variation in your army. The Humans' Flying Machines would cut your Hypogryphs to shreds, and I could bring down the whole lot with just a few Undead Crypt Fiends. Plus the Priestess Of The Moon is pretty bloody useless apart from her Trueshot Aura. The Keeper Of The Grove, Demon Hunter (and the Warden) provide for much better heroes. Even the Orcish Raiders have the Ensnare ability. Plus a bunch of Hypogryphs wouldn't be that effective against more than a couple of Orc Watch Towers.

If you were going to be the Night Elves and wanted flying power, the Chimaeras have excellent anti-fortified armour attack. Though the Undead Frost Wyrms are probably better overall (when they have Freezing Breath).
----
"Scream for me Melbourne!!!!"
- Bruce Dickinson

"I don't see any god up here"
- Yuri Gagarin (while in orbit, 1961)
17.10.2007 - 12:41
Kaamos
Account deleted
This game has stolen way too many hours of my life. Probably as much as Diablo 2 back then...
Anyway, got tired of the campaign at some point, never finished Undead in the expansion. It's the online play what this game is for. Team games at battle.net are very entertaining, some of the more popular custom maps are fun too. No favourite race really, all are pretty fun to play.
17.10.2007 - 17:20
m3ta1he4d

This game kicks ass! One of my favorites. I play Undead and my favorite is Arthas as the Death Knight..
17.10.2007 - 21:58
Kaamos
Account deleted
Speaking of Arthas, the cinematic with him "succeeding" his father is a masterpieace. As well as the opening cinematic of the expansion.
18.10.2007 - 16:27
Valentin B
Iconoclast
Written by Guest on 17.10.2007 at 21:58

Speaking of Arthas, the cinematic with him "succeeding" his father is a masterpieace. As well as the opening cinematic of the expansion.

fuck yeah!! all the cinematics were awesome, but i think the one that was the best was the undead ending in RoC, and the orc campaign ending... the scene where archimonde crushes the dust tower....
19.10.2007 - 03:50
+{Jonas}+
I R Serious Cat
HEy how 'bout Taurens, a very noble race, spiritual and strong, They're really amazing.
----
"Nobody wants to be the weird kid, you just end up being the weird kid. You don't know how you ended up getting there" - Rob Zombie

20.10.2007 - 23:37
Remus

Written by Raiden on 12.10.2007 at 16:36

and I could bring down the whole lot with just a few Undead Crypt Fiends. Plus the Priestess Of The Moon is pretty bloody useless apart from her Trueshot Aura.

Right, i would say "Bring it!" but my crappy little dial-up connection isn't exactly favourable for online gaming. A month or two from now i'm getting ADSL so we can test our mettle then. But your post was quite insightfull actually.

I know a varied army counts but some people don't expect it. Once, i stuck it to this dude who made knights only and had a Paladin. I guess he wasn't expecting an aerial attack...

Oh well, i'm playing the campain yet again - i'm at the second chapter of the orc campain - where you have to protect the kodos from the centaur. I want to finnish it fast so that i can move on to the expansion.

I've finished War 3 without cheats but last time i played the Frozen Throne campain ( +/- 1.5 years ago) i was a pooh-pooh and i cheated quite a lot.

Now i'm a better gamer (hopefully) and i wish to finnish this with no cheats as well. I can hardly wait.
----
Procrastinate, NOW!
22.10.2007 - 20:54
Olli

Written by Valentin B on 18.10.2007 at 16:27

Written by Guest on 17.10.2007 at 21:58

fuck yeah!! all the cinematics were awesome, but i think the one that was the best was the undead ending in RoC, and the orc campaign ending... the scene where archimonde crushes the dust tower....

The orc one was the coolest by far! The undead was probably my least favorite one actually lol.
Anyway this game is awesome, wish I hadn't lost it somewhere..
----
When one door of happiness closes, another opens; but often we look so long at the closed door that we do not see the one which has opened for us."
07.12.2007 - 14:59
Dreamwar_86
To Arms!
kickass game i still play it even more than World Of Warcraft
----
Stay Metal !!!
14.12.2007 - 20:15
Lord TJ

So how does this game work? Do you play as only one character and build up skills and stuff? Or do you control armies of things?

I remember playing old versions of Warcraft, where there was only humans and orcs, and you would control many units and make farms and stuff.
----
Visit the "Black Metal Page" on facebook, my page delivers everything black metal - Memes - Music - Humor - Interviews - Discussion.

https://www.facebook.com/TheBMPage
20.12.2007 - 19:48
+{Jonas}+
I R Serious Cat
Written by Lord TJ on 14.12.2007 at 20:15

So how does this game work? Do you play as only one character and build up skills and stuff? Or do you control armies of things?

I remember playing old versions of Warcraft, where there was only humans and orcs, and you would control many units and make farms and stuff.

Yes it's like the old versions but better. You build famrs and control armies. In this version there are many races: Humans, orcs, high elves, blood elves, night elves, undead and forsaken and taurens. Teh cinematics kick as and so do the campaigns.
----

24.12.2007 - 20:39
Piro

I used to play this game, it got kinda dull after awhile, but I love building up complex strategies in my mind and then putting them into play, the game really made it easy to just jump into and play, not like Dominions where after over a year of playing I still don't know all of the features.

Still, all the different units were all well balanced, and each race had its own ups and downs, meaning there wasn't really a race that you could really easily win all of your battles, that is the problem with many strategy games these days. I kinda hated how the unites didn't listen sometimes though, and pathfinding wasn't very intelligent either. If I tell my scouts to get to a place, instead of going there the quickest easiest way, sometimes they will take long detours. Anyway, this game was simply great, what kinda pissed me off was that there were no ships of any kind, ships were a great startegic tool in Warcraft II, I was really disapointed when I leanred that WCIII didn't have ships in it. Oh well, still by all accounts a great game. Even if you don't like stratgey games, this one will probably make you like them.
----
<Philosophy>Insert Intelligent Sounding yet meaningless Philosophical Quote Here</Philosophy>