Metal Storm logo
Vulture Industries

03.10.2007 - 11:35
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Vulture Industries is a brilliant band that just released The Dystopia Journals and is an absolute must for fans of GOOD Arcturus, so of Arcturus before that immense let-down called Sideshow Symphonies.

The Dystopia Journals actually sounds like THE album Arcturus should have made and released after The Sham Mirrors.

For me The Dystopia Journals certainly is one of the best debut album this year thus far.
----
Member of the true crusade against European Flower Metal

Yesterday is dead and gone, tomorrow is out of sight
Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

04.10.2007 - 05:59
Dangerboner
Lactation Cnslt
lol you're right, they do sound like Arcturus. I hated the vocals at first, but I think it's growing on me.
04.10.2007 - 23:07
Clintagräm
Shrinebuilder
Very interesting, they definitely have the feel. I daresay the vocals are too much like that of Garm's. It's good, but I'm not so sure about it's originality. We'll see.
----
The force will be with you, always.
05.10.2007 - 00:40
John Barleycorn
Minimalist
"Sideshow Symphonies" was a very good album. Despite the fact that Garm was missing from that release, it is probably my favorite album from Arcturus. And I really want to see some solid arguments to disapprove my view .

As for Vulture Industries, I haven't listened to them yet but they definitely sound interesting. I'll check them out soon.
05.10.2007 - 10:35
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Dangerboner on 04.10.2007 at 05:59

lol you're right, they do sound like Arcturus. I hated the vocals at first, but I think it's growing on me.

I check em out and somehwo I agree about it but IMO old BM Arcturus was totaly diferent
----
Life is to short for LOVE, there is many great things to do online !!!

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
09.02.2009 - 15:59
Ascendant187

I recently stumbled upon these guys and have to say they're absolutely awesome. I'll be picking up their album The Dystopia Journals as soon as I can. I was really impressed.
07.10.2009 - 12:06
Uirapuru
Liver Failure
Their album is pretty cool. I liked a lot the vocals, the variation in the tones sounded really nice. For the ones who love Arcturus this is a must have, songs like ''The Crumbling Realm'' and ''Blood Don't Flow Streamlined'' are my favorites.

Althou the cover art is a bit strange, the theme is very interesting... I just wish to know what are these guys up to... just ''Dystopia Journals'' in 2007 and no more news...
----

----
member of the true crusade against old school heavy metal, early 80s thrash, NWOBHM, traditional doom, first and second wave black metal, old school death metal, US power metal, 70s prog rock and atmospheric doomsludgestoner. o/
12.09.2010 - 18:21
proglamer

Finally.. New album comes tomorrow.
12.09.2010 - 18:47
Jiri

It does, but "The Bolted Door" sounds terrible.
17.09.2010 - 22:50
jacob15728

The vocals are similar but other than that they don't really sound all that like Arcturus. The influence is definately there but I wouldn't call it a copy of Arcturus.

Also, Sideshow Symphonies was awesome. Garm might be a better vocalist than ICS Vortex but that doesn't mean the album is bad. Seriously, listen to "Hibernation Sickness Complete" and tell me it's not a great song.
06.12.2011 - 12:43
AnGina--
Dark Phoenix
I got to know Vulture Industries some years back, but their music really didn't stick to me. Now I came across them again and put on their discography and I'm kinda hooked. It's true as Marcel said, they remind me of Arcturus as well, which is a good thing, because I really miss Arcturus on the scene.

Written by jacob15728 on 17.09.2010 at 22:50

Also, Sideshow Symphonies was awesome. Garm might be a better vocalist than ICS Vortex but that doesn't mean the album is bad. Seriously, listen to "Hibernation Sickness Complete" and tell me it's not a great song.

I wouldn't exactly call it awesome, but it was a good and solid album indeed. IMHO Simen >> Garm, but all in all they are both brilliant. And HSC is actually one of my fave Arcturus songs and the best from Sideshow Symphonies IMHO, so I'll agree to that.
----
You think darkness is your ally? You merely adopted the dark. I was born in it. Molded by it. I didn't see the light until I was a man. But it was nothing to me but blinding.