01. Leviathan
02. Deep Down Human Being
03. Killing Cycle
04. Chain of Blunder
05. Trapped In Concrete, Seek Insanity
06. Lock To Rot
07. Seventh Curse
08. Endangered Human Species

I haven't heard much about the Japanese scene lately, as far as I know Vomit Remnants is on-hold, Intestine Baalism re-formed but they still suck and Bathtub Shitter won't ever stop doing those annoying high-pitched vocals... Then this band appeared on my front door and my brain exploded instantly, well not exactly, but I did figured that Japan saw their scene falling apart and inmediately threw Infernal Revulsion in the pot to show us that they can do more than just nice cars and cheap HD TV's.

This band is almost illegaly similar to Suffocation though, that was the first statement that arrived to my head when I heard the first riffs in this CD, they play Brutal Death Metal so mid-paced that sounds like being played in slo-mo, the band is also incredibly percussive but without the annoying use of the snare drum, they add a couple of Technical features here and there as well, so I'm not kidding when I say they're similar to the NY based act.

These little Japanese sickos are all about low tones, so they do have some fresh queries in their formula. The execution is quite good actually, the drumming sounds really wicked and the riffing becomes so bizarre that it almost feels like the band found a Buckethead garage-sale and bought his pedals and FX's, the vocals penetrate as deep guttural grunts that make Matti and Antimo sound like twisted little fairies in comparison, so it's actually a very uplifting experience in terms of musicianship.

As I already said, the band is everything but original, but it never gets boring or tedious, the whole album manages to be entertaining even with the schematic songwriting, you know intro+catchy mid-paced riffs+blasting brutality and more slo-mo riffs, it actually ends up sounding quite amazing to say the least. Fortunately the album also comes wrapped up with a great layout and an amazing cover managed by the great Tony Koehl (Malignancy, Abysmal Torment, and so much more) you can also read the lyrics that, in Brutal Death, it's always a fun and twisted way to kill the time.

This is not the ultimate experience in Death Metal, but it will sucker punch many of the placid and plain acts that are filling the genre right now and that's for sure; the followers of the genre should definitely give this album a spin or two, it's worthwhile and quite entertaining.

Best Tracks: "Leviathan", "Chain Of Blunder", "Endangered Human Species"

Rating breakdown
Performance: 8
Songwriting: 7
Originality: 6
Production: 8

Written by Herzebeth | 12.10.2007

Comments

Comments: 4   Visited by: 14 users
13.10.2007 - 01:02
Rating: 8
Dangerboner
Lactation Cnslt
This band is more brutal than masturbating upside down. lol
14.10.2007 - 05:05
Bhavok

that's not soo brutal...
15.10.2007 - 22:49
Rating: 8
Dangerboner
Lactation Cnslt
Written by Bhavok on 14.10.2007 at 05:05

that's not soo brutal...

hmmm, well it is if it goes all over your face, since you're upside down. But if you like that sort of thing then that's cool too...
20.01.2010 - 18:05
theflyingmachine

This is a really underrated album. I stayed away from it for awhile after seeing some complaints about the drum sound, but I actually liked the drums. Although different, this album reminds me of a better-produced Molesting the Decapitated for some reason. Only complaint is that the vocals are a little high in the mix, although the vocals ARE good, so it isn't really a negative. I'd probably give it an 8.

Hits total: 3654 | This month: 6