Metal Storm logo
Bands you cover

Original post

Posted by Lord TJ, 14.10.2007 - 19:46
I seem to be under a curse of only playing Angra and Death. I like playing Death because of its complexity and the way it sounds, I like playing Angra because theres lots of parts where you have to make an incredible stretch, I like testing my abilities.
23.04.2008 - 11:01
ArtiA
Robin Goodfellow
we cover some track from some band like moonspell , katatonia , amon amarth , tiamat ,....
but that is for fun and not seriously

but I cover seriously some song from empyrium , or older band like pink floyd , john lennon , R.E.M , tiamat , anathema , .... I think , I coverd that becuz first I can exercise with good songs and I feel good when I cover some song that I heard it and like it so much
----
"The WAY" is perfect and complete like boundless space nothing redundant but because the mind continues to make distinction.
23.04.2008 - 13:28
Bitter Dawn
Ave Sathanas!
Recently I've considered covering a track from one of Nattefrost's solo albums. I enjoy the rawness of his solo work, and his work in Carpathian Forest has been a real inspiration to me, even though I personally can't see any resemblance in my own music.

His stuff is easy to play though, and it just sounds good. I thought of doing "Sluts From Hell" but there is a small handful of others who've already covered that track, so if I do cover a Nattefrost song I'll probably pick something else.
24.04.2008 - 15:39
Hangar XVIII

I cover a lot of Mercyful Fate and Kind Diamond. For what it is, it has complex composition, and some very memorable guitar lines.
I also cover a TON of Metallica, but I guess that's normal. Again, it's metal, but it's not just galloping low e riffs.
I cover a few Jazz-Rock Fusion bands too, because the guitar is intense technically, and helps develop speed for me.
I cover a lot of old jazz and blues too, to get the feeling into my playing, so I don't just sound like a technical robot guitar wizard like a lot of other people I know.
----
myspace.com/absentchrist
My new black metal project.
24.04.2008 - 20:30
Lord TJ

Nice, the first letter of each line started with an I. lol

I haven't been covering SHIT lately. I just play whatever I feel like lol.
----
Visit the "Black Metal Page" on facebook, my page delivers everything black metal - Memes - Music - Humor - Interviews - Discussion.

https://www.facebook.com/TheBMPage
28.04.2008 - 15:34
Hangar XVIII

Written by Lord TJ on 24.04.2008 at 20:30

Nice, the first letter of each line started with an I. lol

I haven't been covering SHIT lately. I just play whatever I feel like lol.

I think that's awesome.
I totally play random crap too.
I...
----
myspace.com/absentchrist
My new black metal project.
28.04.2008 - 16:09
Lord TJ

lulz

This past week ive been so busy I haven't touched my guitar since Wedensday. I want to cover more Death though.
----
Visit the "Black Metal Page" on facebook, my page delivers everything black metal - Memes - Music - Humor - Interviews - Discussion.

30.04.2008 - 22:40
demonic viscera
Account deleted
Some Friends and i are starting a judas priest cover band , and for three reasons. 1.) to pay tribute to an awesome metal band 2.) It is a good challenge to get some stuff tight 3.) just think of all the free beer tickets.......am i wrong?
07.05.2008 - 21:31
Lord TJ

A friend of mine has asked me to join a System Of A Down cover band, I found it funny. I told him that the stuff I play is way more advanced, but I would think about it. I guess I'll go for it, in my town you can't put a true metal band together because everyone is so dug into mainstream shit. All I have for a death metal band (covering Death) is two guitarists (including me) and a vocalist.
----

21.05.2008 - 19:52
vatro
Account deleted
I cover death and children of bodom
05.11.2008 - 05:40
LeChron James
Helvetesfossen
The few bands ive been in, ive had the pleasure of working with musicians that write their own music. but in the one godawful project i played featured an avenged sevenfold cover. unholy confessions in particular. it was awful.

but when my bass teacher and i team up with him on guitar, we play the best Maiden covers ever.
----
Kick Ass, Die Young

Less is More
Stay Pure
Stay Poor

Music was my life, music brought me to life and music is how I will be remembered long after I leave this life. When I die there will be a final waltz in my head that only I can hear.
05.11.2008 - 14:53
Valentin B
Iconoclast
Written by Guest on 30.04.2008 at 22:40

Some Friends and i are starting a judas priest cover band , and for three reasons. 1.) to pay tribute to an awesome metal band 2.) It is a good challenge to get some stuff tight 3.) just think of all the free beer tickets.......am i wrong?

haha, me too, i wanted to start a priest cover band as well, though i can't seem to find a drummer and i'll have to wait till i get my new guitar ordered.
06.11.2008 - 21:11
HELL-ME
Account deleted
Well... i used to cover a random crap... i don't care if it jazz or rock or metal... I just cover what sounds good to me... I was just having fun...
But since i joined a band, am just covering what improve my techniques and feeling... Even to expand my musical knowledge... I mean.. We'r not a cover band, but we play covers for Metallica (MASTER OF COURSE), Slayer (Reign in blood , angel of death), Opeth (deliverance, master's apprentices), at the gates, archenemy, lamb of god, Testament.... And even some red hor chilli peppers just for fun... I think it's important to play this as a band before we start writing songs.. I mean it's challenging especially we are the only metal band in our village but people can't understand this concept... It's really confusing to see a "cranberries cover band" treated like a rock stars while we're stuck in a hole... Crap!!! I think its the destiny of METAL BANDS !!!!
07.01.2009 - 22:21
Justice

Metallica and Iron maiden sometimes
08.01.2009 - 23:09
Yooden

We do mostly metalcore stuff, killswitch engage, heaven shall burn, as i lay dying, neaera and so fourth.

We have 4 of our own songs so far, the goal is to only do own stuff but we are a new band (still missing a regular drummer and a bassist) and inexperienced musicians, so covers are a great starting-ground.
----
www.aji-works.net
www.theycalluslegion.com
12.01.2009 - 12:57
..ExoTeaR..

My band covers alot of Lamb of god < my drummer improvises some beats slightly cause hes still learning but we do Ruin, laid to rest, 11th hour most lamb of god is really fun to play lots of chunky easy to play open chords on the guitar. otherwise we just flow threw watever is in our heads we have become quite good at just knowing wats gunna happen and wat feelings next << half the reason we fuck up original material cause we try to make it as rceieveable but non predictable as possible, got be able to bang to it tho.
----
[-0-] Aussie Aussie Aussie!!!
20.02.2009 - 13:13
Emperial_Death

The covers i do , are from Dissection the first song i learned to play in the guitar ''iNTO INFINITE OBSCUTITY'' , and some Death , and Emperor covers too , looking for improve my technique by playing this covers, and practicing all day
----
''Support Music Not Rumors'' C.S.
11.06.2009 - 12:16
terrorist

Because i play in the band,we play similar songs to our genre.Most of the songs are tharsh metal like Sepultura,Exodus,Slayer.But we play Carcass too and of course last but not least Kreator.
----
Will the ones who live after our end
Worship the goddamn cross again?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hnlG0h7YN_8&feature=related
02.07.2009 - 11:45
smcl369

I usually just end up trying to improvise and make something up. Burzum is fun to cover though: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4uGUAMvuCEE that's a Lost Wisdom cover I recorded.
22.09.2009 - 22:53
ANGEL REAPER

Lately I cover Burzum a lot! so much that i'm about to make the cover version of Dunkelheit for demo..
----
"Cross is only an iron,hope is just an illusion,freedom is nothing but a name..."
"Build your walls of the dead stone...Build your roofs of a dead wood..Build your dreams of a dead thoughts"
17.11.2009 - 09:57
Angelic Storm
Melodious
Anything, really! Maiden, Death, Priest, Iced Earth, Arch Enemy, Carcass, and Helloween are just some bands who's songs I've learned. I only have one guitar though, and it has a Floyd Rose tremolo, and anyone who has one of those knows what a nightmare they can be to retune.
18.11.2009 - 08:20
Zombie, M.D.

I recently joined my roommates cover band, more as a favor than anything....but they needed a drummer and I like playing with new people. We cover Black Sabbath (Paranoid, NIB, War Pigs), Metallica (For Whom the Bell Tolls, Seek and Destroy), Judas Priest (Grinder), The Four Horsemen (Rockin' is my Business), Danzig (Twist of Cain), BoC (Godzilla), AC/DC (Live wire), Dio (Holy Diver) and Alice in Chains (Man in the Box).
----
"I really screwed up this time." - Jeffery Dahmer
18.11.2009 - 21:14
Valentin B
Iconoclast
Written by Angelic Storm on 17.11.2009 at 09:57

Anything, really! Maiden, Death, Priest, Iced Earth, Arch Enemy, Carcass, and Helloween are just some bands who's songs I've learned. I only have one guitar though, and it has a Floyd Rose tremolo, and anyone who has one of those knows what a nightmare they can be to retune.

please don't tell me you can play the old iced earth stuff(Stormrider stuff) don't make me envious
18.11.2009 - 21:34
Angelic Storm
Melodious
Written by Valentin B on 18.11.2009 at 21:14
please don't tell me you can play the old iced earth stuff(Stormrider stuff) don't make me envious

I can...but it comes at a price! I've only learned 3 old Iced Earth songs. "Iced Earth", "When The Night Falls", and "Travel In Stygian". I have stamina problems with the latter two though, as they feature fast, intricate, galloping riffs which sap the strength from my picking arm very quickly. By the time I'm finished "Travel In Stygian", my arm feels like it's going to fall off!

One big advantage I think of being able to play music, is it gives you a greater appreciation for the musicians' skills. And really. Jon's rhythm skills are amazing, I'd actually class him as my fave rhythm guitarist in metal. He is a god! My arms are burnt out after playing one old Iced Earth song, how he plays a whole show is beyond me!
18.11.2009 - 21:40
Valentin B
Iconoclast
Written by Angelic Storm on 18.11.2009 at 21:34

Written by Valentin B on 18.11.2009 at 21:14

I can...but it comes at a price! I've only learned 3 old Iced Earth songs. "Iced Earth", "When The Night Falls", and "Travel In Stygian". I have stamina problems with the latter two though, as they feature fast, intricate, galloping riffs which sap the strength from my picking arm very quickly. By the time I'm finished "Travel In Stygian", my arm feels like it's going to fall off!

One big advantage I think of being able to play music, is it gives you a greater appreciation for the musicians' skills. And really. Jon's rhythm skills are amazing, I'd actually class him as my fave rhythm guitarist in metal. He is a god! My arms are burnt out after playing one old Iced Earth song, how he plays a whole show is beyond me!

yeah, i drink to Jon Schaffer. he's a beast. best rhythm guitarist i've ever heard in metal, i can't believe how he makes Pure Evil sound live, the first 1 minute and a half is the most bombastic, epic, dark and heavy shit i've ever heard. those triplets are ear sex to me.
18.11.2009 - 21:57
Angelic Storm
Melodious
Written by Valentin B on 18.11.2009 at 21:40
yeah, i drink to Jon Schaffer. he's a beast. best rhythm guitarist i've ever heard in metal, i can't believe how he makes Pure Evil sound live, the first 1 minute and a half is the most bombastic, epic, dark and heavy shit i've ever heard. those triplets are ear sex to me.

Jon is a legend really. The thing about "Pure Evil", is it's very hard to play that riff continuously, without breaking up, or missing a note. The chord changes are easy, its the speed of the picking, and rhythm style which makes it so hard to nail. He is definitely the best rhythm player in metal. Heck, I can play some solos which are easier to play than some of his rhythms!
18.11.2009 - 23:16
Warlock84

Iced Earth mainly. Ever since college I would spend hours in my dorm room at a time learning each song by ear. It stuck with me over the years. I pretty much have most of their catalogue down, with my proudest moment learning the entire "Gettysburg (1863)" trilogy. My band always opens practice with "Raining Blood" and "Black Magic." Once in a while I'll take a break from my own music and play some old In Flames, Amon Amarth, Pantera, or Kataklysm.
----
All we are is the passion that burns inside us
25.11.2009 - 16:19
The Night Wisher

Well, I have 4 months of experience at playing keyboards so I cover guitar songs like "Symphony of Destruction" , "Dread and Fugitive mind" by Megadeth and "Master of Puppets" - Metallica (of course without any solos) . I have no band since i have no experience but I am getting better in playing but what I WANT to cover is songs have original nice keyboard in it like Nightwish songs or maybe Dream Theater ......cuz covering guitar riffs is a bit hard
20.05.2010 - 01:02
Zombie
Thrash'tillDeath
Megadeth, Kreator, Testament, Slayer, Melechesh, Dying Fetus, Carcass, ...
----

None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe they are free
Johann Wolfgang van Goethe 1749-1832
21.05.2010 - 09:38
ANGEL REAPER

Well ,this is not exactly a cover but I'm writing music for text that is on back of Bathory's second album The return....
----
"Cross is only an iron,hope is just an illusion,freedom is nothing but a name..."
"Build your walls of the dead stone...Build your roofs of a dead wood..Build your dreams of a dead thoughts"
24.05.2012 - 16:57
Infernal Eternal

When I cover sth alone, I usually cover Death, Amon Amarth, Blind Guardian, Kalmah, Ensiferum or sth similar. When covering with my band, I cover thrash shit (like the usual Metallica tunes, not good thrash like Kreator, Sodom etc.).
----
{}::::::[]:::::::::::::::::> ONLY DEATH IS REAL <:::::::::::::::::[]::::::{}
Rest In Peace: Bon Scott, Dave G. Halliday, Michael "Destructor" Wulf, Jerry Fogle, Quorthon, Witchhunter