Metal Storm logo
Mourning Beloveth

Original post

Posted by John Barleycorn, 02.06.2006 - 23:14
I decided to re-create my thread about Mourning Beloveth.
This is my favourite death doom band, which actually doesn´t say much because I am quite unfamiliar with the genre. Their latest album "Murderous Circus" is IMO masterpiece. The soundscapes they managed to create are incredibly desolate but at the same time they still have many excellent dynamic passages - my personal favourite is the song "Nothing (The March of Death" which has this weird waltz rythm in the beginning and really emotional clean vocals which are one of the best in metal IMO. Yet I am also happy that they don´t overuse the clean vocals because the minimalistic approach makes this band so special. That is also why because I prefer "Murderous Circus" to their earlier work - it has the most minimalistic sound.

The Irish manage to create most sorrowful music.
21.04.2008 - 14:15
Southern Wind
Account deleted
I am the only one so dissapointed with "A Disease For The Ages"?, It is their weakest album so far, the band sounds too much like working on auto-pilot.
21.04.2008 - 17:34
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Guest on 21.04.2008 at 14:15

I am the only one so dissapointed with "A Disease For The Ages"?, It is their weakest album so far, the band sounds too much like working on auto-pilot.

If you lsiten other crap around and new albums of sell out bands this band be MASTERPIECE Still
----
Life is to short for LOVE, there is many great things to do online !!!

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
10.01.2013 - 13:20
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Written by Guest on 10.01.2013 at 13:01

I always get the impression that Darren,Frank and co. are laughing and having lots of fun in the studio while recording their masterpieces.

they always have a great time, getting pissed and all the happiest most fun bunch of people I have ever come across, although it does result in sever hangovers

Btw new album to be released February 22
----
Member of the true crusade against European Flower Metal

Yesterday is dead and gone, tomorrow is out of sight
Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

10.01.2013 - 14:20
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Written by Guest on 10.01.2013 at 14:16

Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 10.01.2013 at 13:20

they always have a great time, getting pissed and all the happiest most fun bunch of people I have ever come across, although it does result in sever hangovers

Btw new album to be released February 22

ah, best news of 2013 for me. Btw on their latest post on their website, i read, "wait patiently for this and don't be tempted to download, otherwise it will be our last". Is the Pantheist issue catching up with them? I thought these guys were a big well selling band in Europe

yes, they also suffer from what Pantheist is suffering from. Death doom big selling? ONly bands that make any decent money out of doom are My Dying Bride and Candlemass, I am not counting Anathema and Paradise Lost because they don't play doom any more.
----

Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

10.01.2013 - 14:42
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Written by Guest on 10.01.2013 at 14:39

Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 10.01.2013 at 14:20

yes, they also suffer from what Pantheist is suffering from. Death doom big selling? ONly bands that make any decent money out of doom are My Dying Bride and Candlemass, I am not counting Anathema and Paradise Lost because they don't play doom any more.

not even swallow the sun? Ouch, i thought that was funeral doom,and the others and that death doom sold well in Europe,.

Swallow The SUn probably makes a bit of money because of the way they are marketed by their label. But nowadays I don't even consider them doom any more and only their debut album is any good.

death doom might be biggest in Europe when comparing it to the rest of the world, but is still very small and doesn't seel too well. At concerts all over Europe you ALWAYS see the same people attending.
----

Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

10.01.2013 - 16:33
Alex F
Slick Dick Rick
Well I've only listened to Dust and The Sullen Sulcus so far and I can say that while Dust is better, they both kick ass
10.01.2013 - 17:27
X-Ray Rod
Skandino
Written by Alex F on 10.01.2013 at 16:33

Well I've only listened to Dust and The Sullen Sulcus so far and I can say that while Dust is better, they both kick ass

Can't friggin wait to see them at Roadburn. They will play The Sullen Sulcus in its entirety.
----
Written by BloodTears on 19.08.2011 at 18:29
Like you could kiss my ass
Written by Milena on 20.06.2012 at 10:49
Rod, let me love you.
10.01.2013 - 18:01
Alex F
Slick Dick Rick
Written by X-Ray Rod on 10.01.2013 at 17:27

Can't friggin wait to see them at Roadburn. They will play The Sullen Sulcus in its entirety.

Envy is surging through my body