‹‹ Back to the Melodic metal forum Pages: 1 ... 16 17 18 [19]
Users visited: 285  
Search this topic:  

The original post

Posted by Clintagräm on 03.06.2006 at 00:23
As I sit here and listen to most likely the greatest band of all time I notice that there isn't a topic for them, so I decided to make one. Manowar are a band that you must love, and if you don't, you're gay. Haha, seriously though. They make some wicked music, though pompous, they deserve to be, I mean, they are the KINGS OF METAL. I do enjoy their upbeat attitude, killer riffing, and Eric Adams god like vocals. Very manly. I would call them Heavy Metal (or moreover, Traditional Metal) than anything, but they do have some Speed and Power Metal tendencies every now and then. Any fans?

And remember kids, while other bands play - Manowar kill.

Page 19 of 19

Maco

08.08.2016 at 07:07
I FIGHT THE METAL AND PROUD WARRIOR

Feel their brave fire and metal
Kill the steel without warrior with hammer
Fight our bloody sword against the power
Ride our kings and the blood
Feel our wind and horse
Behold my strong horse and victorious sword

I fight the metal and proud warrior
They kill my honor against the fierce warrior
They kill their bloody blood

Ride bloody hammer
Attack the heavy kings
Fight your steel
Ride our screaming death against the power

----
I'm derp.
The Batlord

14.08.2016 at 21:56
I've only become a Manowar junkie in the last couple years, but fuck me have I been converted. Battle Hymns, Into Glory Ride, and Hail to England were legitimately creative heavy/power metal with a sound that was original as hell. And even when they were settling into a self-parodying groove with their later albums they were still a barrel of fun more often than not. I don't deny that they're kinda crap, are probably borderline retarded, and don't really know how to write songs (why oh why did they ever try "Achilles"?) but they're just so much fun that I'd rather listen to them over 99% of bands with more "talent".
----
Bands that suck: Dream Theater, Dragonforce, Pink Floyd, Pearl Jam, the folk rock half of Led Zeppelin, 99% of thrash metal bands from the turn of the century, Mumford & Sons, any death metal band influenced by Necrophagist.

That is all for now.
Arcanewind
Dreadrealm

16.08.2016 at 14:39
I've only ever taken a mild interest in Manowar. When I first discovered them, I thought they were a really fun tongue-in-cheek band and I sort of went along with their music and attitudes. I mean, I love artists, who aren't afraid to wink at the audience as in: "We know this is silly, you know this is silly, but it's so damn fun, let's pretend it's serious, eh?" Unfortunately however, it has become pretty clear to me in recent years that they aren't all that tongue-in-cheek and are actually arrogant as hell. It's difficult for me to believe this, but I think they (especially DeMaio) actually think they are THE kings of metal, which they obviously are not and never have been.

Yeah, yeah, I know, somewhere out there there's a Manowar fan or several reading this comment shaking their head and thinking: "He'll never be a warrior with that attitude!"

You got me there.
----
Dreadrealm's bandcamp with free downloads: https://dreadrealm.bandcamp.com/
Halberd3

09.09.2016 at 00:15
Manowar is pretty good. I like a big majority of their albums. It's nice to know they'll fiercely defend heavy metal like warriors. But Joey is an arrogant dick. I don't like him too much. Compares Manowar to Maiden and Metallica.
ZOMBIESiTellsYa

29.10.2016 at 13:56
Written by Halberd3 on 09.09.2016 at 00:15

Manowar is pretty good. I like a big majority of their albums. It's nice to know they'll fiercely defend heavy metal like warriors. But Joey is an arrogant dick. I don't like him too much. Compares Manowar to Maiden and Metallica.

He's definitely an asshole. They played Dublin about 5 years ago in a tiny venue and they were charging an absurd amount of money for tickets. An Irish metal site interviewed him before the gig and as soon as the ticket price was brought up he ended the interview. Though not before saying he felt they were undercharging and that it was 'in line with other big bands' like Iron Maiden and Metallica. The guy is delusional and a dick to his fans.

http://www.metalireland.com/2011/10/21/joey-de-maio-manowar-gig-fantastic-value-for-money/
tominator

29.10.2016 at 15:33
Written by ZOMBIESiTellsYa on 29.10.2016 at 13:56

Written by Halberd3 on 09.09.2016 at 00:15

He's definitely an asshole. They played Dublin about 5 years ago in a tiny venue and they were charging an absurd amount of money for tickets. An Irish metal site interviewed him before the gig and as soon as the ticket price was brought up he ended the interview. Though not before saying he felt they were undercharging and that it was 'in line with other big bands' like Iron Maiden and Metallica. The guy is delusional and a dick to his fans.

http://www.metalireland.com/2011/10/21/joey-de-maio-manowar-gig-fantastic-value-for-money/

I recently bought tickets for an Iron Maiden show in April 2017. Ticket prices were 50,60,65 or 70 euro. So yeah the ticket prices were probably in line with IM and Metallica. But I honestly doubt that there are many people that would like to pay as much for a Manowar show as they would for an Iron Maiden show or a Metallica show.

"Well first off I think it's a very low price, and it represents an extremely great deal." - Joey

I wouldn't call 50 euro for the cheapest ticket a very low price... Joey just doesn't have a sense of reality imo (his ignorance can be really annoying). I think that if he could, he would have asked even more, but because bands like IM and Metallica don't ask more than what Manowar is already charging, he simply can't.
ZOMBIESiTellsYa

29.10.2016 at 17:49
Written by tominator on 29.10.2016 at 15:33

I recently bought tickets for an Iron Maiden show in April 2017. Ticket prices were 50,60,65 or 70 euro. So yeah the ticket prices were probably in line with IM and Metallica. But I honestly doubt that there are many people that would like to pay as much for a Manowar show as they would for an Iron Maiden show or a Metallica show.

"Well first off I think it's a very low price, and it represents an extremely great deal." - Joey

I wouldn't call 50 euro for the cheapest ticket a very low price... Joey just doesn't have a sense of reality imo (his ignorance can be really annoying). I think that if he could, he would have asked even more, but because bands like IM and Metallica don't ask more than what Manowar is already charging, he simply can't.

Oh yeah I didn't doubt that he was charging the same as IM and Metallica. It's the fact that he actually thinks that Manowar are on the same level of popularity as those bands that was outrageous. The venue where they were playing has a capacity of about <1000 people. When the other 2 bands play Dublin, they play the 02 Arena, which can hold roughly 10,000 people.
tominator

29.10.2016 at 18:43
Written by ZOMBIESiTellsYa on 29.10.2016 at 17:49

Oh yeah I didn't doubt that he was charging the same as IM and Metallica. It's the fact that he actually thinks that Manowar are on the same level of popularity as those bands that was outrageous. The venue where they were playing has a capacity of about <1000 people. When the other 2 bands play Dublin, they play the 02 Arena, which can hold roughly 10,000 people.

Yeah I definitely agree.
Kriegsmesser

01.12.2016 at 15:14
I loved Manowar so much at one point, they were so over the top.

Advertise on Metal Storm
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 18 [19]

Login or register to post here.