Metal Storm logo
Manowar

Original post

Posted by Clintagräm, 03.06.2006 - 00:23
As I sit here and listen to most likely the greatest band of all time I notice that there isn't a topic for them, so I decided to make one. Manowar are a band that you must love, and if you don't, you're gay. Haha, seriously though. They make some wicked music, though pompous, they deserve to be, I mean, they are the KINGS OF METAL. I do enjoy their upbeat attitude, killer riffing, and Eric Adams god like vocals. Very manly. I would call them Heavy Metal (or moreover, Traditional Metal) than anything, but they do have some Speed and Power Metal tendencies every now and then. Any fans?

And remember kids, while other bands play - Manowar kill.
22.06.2010 - 14:00
Ellrohir
Heaven Knight
Written by vezzy on 22.06.2010 at 10:54

But if it's keeping you away from Blind Guardian, then by all means, listen.

you just have made a powerful enemy
----
My rest seems now calm and deep
Finally I got my dead man sleep

25.06.2010 - 17:46
Natalie24

Awesome
----
Be yourself
13.11.2010 - 18:06
Malevolent-Jim

I always hear that Manowar are one of the most expensive metal bands to book for concerts or Festivals.Does anyone know if this is true and if so,why?
04.01.2011 - 21:00
Valentin B
Iconoclast
Haha, i remembered just now something that happened at their 2009 Bucharest concert, Joey pulled up a guy on stage and he had a Manowar shirt on, then told him to take it off "'cause it's a bootlegged piece of shit!" and then gave him the supposed "real" t-shirt. i saw the guy's first shirt model, it was on sale at the official festival stands guess it was a too good piece of his two-man show to let it slide haha.
05.01.2011 - 03:06
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Valentin B on 04.01.2011 at 21:00

Haha, i remembered just now something that happened at their 2009 Bucharest concert, Joey pulled up a guy on stage and he had a Manowar shirt on, then told him to take it off "'cause it's a bootlegged piece of shit!" and then gave him the supposed "real" t-shirt. i saw the guy's first shirt model, it was on sale at the official festival stands guess it was a too good piece of his two-man show to let it slide haha.

like this where he kissed stage girl
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mxtm8_jgb08
----
Life is to short for LOVE, there is many great things to do online !!!

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
05.01.2011 - 03:09
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
EverythingManowar does on stage has been rehearsed before. Yes, alsothe guy or girl doing the guitar solo. It's funny how many people still fall for all those tricks whcih have been rehearsed ot death wiht their designated props.
----
Member of the true crusade against European Flower Metal

Yesterday is dead and gone, tomorrow is out of sight
Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

05.01.2011 - 03:22
RavenKing

Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 05.01.2011 at 03:09

EverythingManowar does on stage has been rehearsed before. Yes, alsothe guy or girl doing the guitar solo. It's funny how many people still fall for all those tricks whcih have been rehearsed ot death wiht their designated props.

Just look at all those people who fall victim of this 'Kings of Metal' bullshit and don't realize it is no more than marketing. All image no substance.
----
They shake your hand and they smile and they buy you a drink
They say we'll be your friends we'll stick with you till the end
But everybody's only looking out for themselves
And you say who can you trust I'll tell you nobody
05.01.2011 - 03:25
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
DEATH TO FALSE METAL

well that's simple that just means DEATH to MANOWARsincethey are the epitome of false metal.
----

Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

05.01.2011 - 03:28
RavenKing

Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 05.01.2011 at 03:25

DEATH TO FALSE METAL

well that's simple that just means DEATH to MANOWARsincethey are the epitome of false metal.

Exactly. I wonder how dumb someone must be to take Manowar's marketing bullshit seriously.
----
05.01.2011 - 03:29
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Written by RavenKing on 05.01.2011 at 03:28

DEATH TO FALSE METAL

Exactly. I wonder how dumb someone must be to take Manowar's marketing bullshit seriously.

Well we're talking about metal fans (so, question answered)
----

Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

05.01.2011 - 03:34
RavenKing

Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 05.01.2011 at 03:29

Written by RavenKing on 05.01.2011 at 03:28

DEATH TO FALSE METAL

Well we're talking about metal fans (so, question answered)

I see where you're coming from but you can also find intelligent and nice people among metal fans.
Honestly, it takes someone damn naive to fall in Manowar's marketing trap.

"Other bands play, Manowar try"
----
05.01.2011 - 12:16
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 05.01.2011 at 03:09

Isnt there any Manowar song or album what you like?
----
Life is to short for LOVE, there is many great things to do online !!!

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
21.01.2011 - 12:50
Black_Sheep

Written by RavenKing on 05.01.2011 at 03:34

"Other bands play, Manowar try"

This sums up everything about this band perfectly.

I find Manowar as the most annoying band i can think of. And the most annoying thing is, (aside from their bullshit attitude) that they try to appear as great and talented musicians, while their songs are extremely easy to play, on any instrument, and they still try to make it as easy as possible. And fail.

For example Joey plays a bass with extremely thin and small neck, i've never seen a bass guitar like that before, it's almost like a normal guitar. He keeps it really high, and uses a pick. And he still manages to get a crappy dirty unclean sound out of it. Wow. The guitarist, Karl, plays nothing but the very basic things, and he's solos are incredibly horrible. some of the sloppiest 3-string sweeps i've ever heard. So. That's their real talent, sucking beyond belief.
----
"Reality is almost always wrong."
24.01.2011 - 18:41
ForeverDarkWoods

Nah, come on, this band is hilarious in all their cheesy marketing. Real funny shit, and that's why I listen to it sometimes (aside from nostalgia). I'm laughing at them and not with them though.

And yeah, if you take my sporadic retard praising of Manowar seriously, there is probably something not right in your head...

LOL GUYS! Manowar will lead the METAL CRUSADE AGAINST ALL THE POSERS and we will all be IN THE HALL AS KINGS OF METAL! WOHOOO!

You can make a drinking game out of Brothers Of Metal that gets you really drunk though. You put on the song, and everyone drinks everytime they sing one of the words "brothers", "metal", "fighting", "power" or "steel". And yeah, that's about as much fun as you can have with Manowar, except if you want to laugh at them for being such failures. I find their recent music videos hilarious, but I wouldn't pay much for the albums...
----
Free nations are peaceful nations. Free nations don't attack each other. Free nations don't develop weapons of mass destruction!
- George W. Bush, ex-president of the United States of America
25.01.2011 - 10:09
SlaytanicGonzo

The poserest(?) band of all time. When they say "Death to false metal" they should commit suicide.
27.01.2011 - 20:57
Slayer666

DEATH TO FALSE METAL

Actually, as much as I hate Manowar, I really wouldn't want to see them disband or something. Who would we make fun of if they weren't around?
27.01.2011 - 21:00
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Written by Slayer666 on 27.01.2011 at 20:57

DEATH TO FALSE METAL

Actually, as much as I hate Manowar, I really wouldn't want to see them disband or something. Who would we make fun of if they weren't around?

I wanted to say Cradle of Filth, but they are amongst your favs. All glam metal bands such as Motley Crue could be made fun of. But indeed we need Manowar to make fun of.
----

Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

27.01.2011 - 21:06
Slayer666

Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 27.01.2011 at 21:00

Written by Slayer666 on 27.01.2011 at 20:57

DEATH TO FALSE METAL

I wanted to say Cradle of Filth, but they are amongst your favs.

They are my #1 fav, actually. And I absolutely knew you were going to say that.
The thing is, I don't know of any other band that "officially" take themselves so seriously, but only manage to be so comical as Manowar. That's why I find them so funny. I can't laugh so much at Glam bands because they don't go around preaching how they are gods of metal.
27.01.2011 - 21:14
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Written by Slayer666 on 27.01.2011 at 21:06

The thing is, I don't know of any other band that "officially" take themselves so seriously, but only manage to be so comical as Manowar.

Of course we have the absolutely tr00, nekro, grim, krieg, frostbittten black metal bands who take themselves as seriously as Manowar but they aren't as well know, which is a shame in this case
----

Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

28.01.2011 - 03:51
RavenKing

Written by SlaytanicGonzo on 25.01.2011 at 10:09

The poserest(?) band of all time. When they say "Death to false metal" they should commit suicide.

Well said. If there is a band than can come as close as possible to the title of poser metal, it has to be Manowar.
----
28.01.2011 - 04:50
SlaytanicGonzo

It's so funny when you see kids bashing a, say, slipknot video by saying "SLIIPKNOT SUCKS AND IS FOR POSERS!!!111! LISTEN TO TRUE METAL LIKE MANOWAR!!"
29.01.2011 - 19:29
Doc G.
Full Grown Hoser
Written by SlaytanicGonzo on 28.01.2011 at 04:50

It's so funny when you see kids bashing a, say, slipknot video by saying "SLIIPKNOT SUCKS AND IS FOR POSERS!!!111! LISTEN TO TRUE METAL LIKE MANOWAR!!"

I can't say I've ever seen that.
----
"I got a lot of really good ideas, problem is, most of them suck."
- George Carlin
29.01.2011 - 20:40
vezzy
Stallmanite
Me neither, actually.
----
Licensed under the GPLv3.
Relinquish proprietary software for a greater GNU/America.
29.01.2011 - 22:27
RavenKing

Written by Doc G. on 29.01.2011 at 19:29

Written by SlaytanicGonzo on 28.01.2011 at 04:50

I can't say I've ever seen that.

I've seen people saying retarded things like "Black Metal, Death Metal or Thrash Metal is for posers and only traditional Heavy Metal is real and pure Metal" or "traditional Heavy Metal is the real shit and all other genres are only derivative from it and watered down versions of the original" and that "all metal sucks after the 80s" or that "metal is only noise nowadays and not music".

How can someone ever think like that, do not ask me. I don't know. From my point of view, this school of thought is the epitome of stupidity and ignorance.
----
29.01.2011 - 22:36
Angelic Storm
Melodious
I have certainly seen Manowar fans referring to Slipknot and indeed a host of other bands as "false metal". Then again, Ive seen fans of other bands, and genres describing other genres/bands as "posers", and "false metal".
30.01.2011 - 01:42
ErnilEnNaur
Account deleted
What the hell is "false metal"? What makes a band a "false metal" band? Or is any band that you don't happen to like automatically false metal as opposed to just a crappy band or simply a band you dislike? It does seem to me that the average metalhead is suffering from somekind of a delusion, thinking that metal as a genre is inherently superior to everything else (metal militia, anyone?) and calling a metal band false metal or pop metal is a great insult. If you ask me, then there are good and bad metal bands and that's it for metal bands. False metal only exists in the bizarro world, alongside pseudo house, fake electronical, bubble gum goth and silicone-jazz.
30.01.2011 - 02:26
Angelic Storm
Melodious
^ Totally agree with that post. I do think that the vast majority of people who use the term "false metal" use it to describe pretty much any metal that they dislike. Generally, people who use that term are the biggest posers you can get. lol
30.01.2011 - 07:47
SlaytanicGonzo

I don't really know what false metal is suppoused to be. But Manowar is certainly false metal
30.01.2011 - 09:26
vezzy
Stallmanite
Thanks for confirming Manowar are the biggest posers you can get.
----
Licensed under the GPLv3.
Relinquish proprietary software for a greater GNU/America.
30.01.2011 - 14:44
RavenKing

Written by Angelic Storm on 29.01.2011 at 22:36

I have certainly seen Manowar fans referring to Slipknot and indeed a host of other bands as "false metal". Then again, Ive seen fans of other bands, and genres describing other genres/bands as "posers", and "false metal".

I sometimes use the term "false metal" the same way I use the terms "flowermetal" or "popmetal": to describe music that is simply too soft and pop-ish to be considered metal by any stretch of the imagination (you can include hard rock and cock rock here) even if the stuff comes from a band who released much heavier albums before or by a band who's supposed to be a metal band.
I think the word "metal" is used way too loosely at times and applied to bands who barely have anything to do with metal music.
----