Metal Storm logo
The Last Concert You Attended

Original post

Posted by Deadsoulman, 16.10.2007 - 09:33
Ok people, like the old one, this is the place to tell us your latest concert experiences!

I'll start by pasting my last message in the old thread:

I saw Behemoth, Kataklysm, Aborted and Lyfthrasyr on Sunday.

As I may write a report about this one, I won't say much. Just that Kataklysm, and above all Behemoth, were amazing. Really. Absolutely amazing. I've been blown away, even if it was the third time this year I was seeing Behemoth live (after the No Mercy fest and the Hellfest). But, as headliners, they are even better.

Ok, I'll just give you the setlists of the last two bands, for those who care
Setlist Kataklysm:
Like Angels (Weeping The Dark)
Let Them Burn
Ambassador Of Pain
The Resurrected
Crippled & Broken
Serenity In Fire
1999:6661:2000
Where The Enemy Sleeps...
Beyond Salvation
As I Slither
Face The Face Of War
Manipulator Of Souls
In Shadows And Dust

Setlist Behemoth:
Rome 64 C.E.
Slaying The Prophets Of Isa
Antichristian Phenomenon
Demigod
From The Pagan Vastlands
Prometherion
Conquer All
Christgrinding Avenue
Drum Solo
Slaves Shall Serve
As Above So Below
Summoning Of the Ancient Gods
Christians To The Lions
Decade Of Therion
Chant For Eschaton 2000

Encore:
I Got Erection (Turbonegro cover)

To reply to another post in the old thread, both bands played approximately 75 minutes.

Next to come is Enslaved and Keep Of Kalessin tomorrow
20.06.2012 - 18:02
Warman
Erotic Stains
Judas Priest about two months ago. First and probably last time I see them I guess. I couldn't really ask for more. A massive setlist with at least one song from each album (except the Ripper ones) and Halford's voice was actually a lot better than I would have ever hoped for. He nailed most of the screams, only had problems during the fast verses, like in "The Sentinel". All in all, I'm glad I got to see one of my favourite bands.

By the way, opening band Hammerfall gave me one of the most embarrassing scenes I've ever witnessed during a concert. During "Hearts of Fire" the vocalist screams "YOU ALL KNOW THIS ONE!" and tries to do a Halford during "Breaking the Law", where he only lets the audience sing the song. During "Hearts of Fire" it was complete silence, thought I would die. I think me and my friends laughter were louder than those who sang along.
----
21.06.2012 - 01:47
Ísak Petersen
Account deleted
Written by Spirit Molecule on 20.06.2012 at 14:26

Written by Guest on 21.12.2011 at 04:08

GWAR in Lübeck, Germany.. amazing show.. loads of blood and sperm..

I'm guessing this was when you were tracking at Lasse's?

That's right.. our singer had just arrived to Lubeck and screamed his lungs out during the concert and had to take the next day off from tracking.. not a smart move
20.07.2012 - 21:29
BloodTears
ANA-thema
My last one was for from metal: The Cure. However, three hours of The Cure was "just like heaven" despite what Marcel might say. I was glad they played many songs from Disintegration and went back to the first album to close with "Killing An Arab". I had hoped they would. They played all the hits of course. Too bad they didn't include "Siamese Twins", one of my favs, or more songs from Kiss Me Kiss Me Kiss Me. "Plainsong" was awesome!

Also, I got to try Heineken beer for the first time. The normal beer sucked but the one with cider was actually good.
----
Written by BloodTears on 19.08.2011 at 18:29

Like you could kiss my ass.

My Instagram
22.07.2012 - 02:48
DirtWizard

The last concert I attended was (the) Melvins lite with Trevor Dunn of Fantomas and Mr. Bungle fame playing stand up bass. For a three piece it was such a full heavy sound. They came on the stage to the song "Sweet Leaf" by Black Sabbath and took the stage to bust into some classic Melvins tunes. the stand up bass stole the show with Trevor switching between finger picking and using a bow and adding playing plenty of bass solos. they played the entire new album Freak Puke with the exception of one song "Tommy Goes Berserk" and some old songs from Stag, Houdini, the Bride Screamed Murder, (a) senile animal, and Gluey Porch Treatment. At one point someone went on stage to crowd surf and kicked Buzz so he stopped the song and gave a hilarious rant with an impromptu jazz jam from Dale and Trevor before starting the song back up. Definitely one of the best shows I've been to in a while.
22.07.2012 - 23:04
Thrashette

My last one was Skeletonwitch yesterday. I heard so much about how amazing they are live, and they most definitely lived up to my expectations They have a lot of energy and really got the crowd going. I stayed back from the pit though lol It was the first time I saw a sold out show at that venue, and it was pretty intense. Definitely a memorable one. Even the supporting acts were awesome.
23.07.2012 - 23:00
X-Ray Rod
Skandino
Written by BloodTears on 20.07.2012 at 21:29
Also, I got to try Heineken beer for the first time. The normal beer sucked but the one with cider was actually good.

You drank alcohol?
----
Like you could kiss my ass
Written by Milena on 20.06.2012 at 10:49
Rod, let me love you.
24.07.2012 - 00:23
Misfit74

Pathology headlining on the Slaughter Survivors Tour last night. Got the setlist, and a few pics (below). They were excellent. Tight with great tone and overall sound. They ripped through a heavy set of mostly choice stuff from their three most recent albums including three tracks of their upcoming full-length 'Time Of The Great Purification'. The guitarist used (custom?) guitar I hadn't see pictured prior to last night - it was sweet. After some digging I found out it's an Acacia Custom guitar. His command of his instrument is impressive and his playing was virtually flawless from the several shredding leads to excellent riffing and precision in every song. This band can go a long way behind the talent of guitarist Kevin Schwartz. He's only 23. It was a high-energy, full-effort show and I was glad I went, though I had to wade through a slew of mostly crap deathcore bands to get to the main act in Pathology. The front-man did a great job engaging the crowd and nailed the vocals.

On a side note: Fallujah continues to be fucking terrible. Not that I expected different but their cobbled together songs have no cohesion or semblance of songwriting ability whatsoever. Just worthless live - well except for the cool green LEDs lighting their guitar bridges...yes that was the highlight from them.Enfold Darkness wasn't bad. Nothing else worth mentioning, really.

Killer show for 10.00, though a longer Pathology set would have been nice. They reportedly drove 11+ hours from Santa Cruz (the first show of the tour) the night before to play Portland (this show) last night, but they were ready. Definitely a band I'll continue to follow and expect bigger and better things from if they stick with it. One of my favorites in the BDM/Slam genre and now I know they get it done live, as well.

Pathology Setlist 7/23/2012 (I added what album each song was from. New = Time Of The Great Purification):

Imprisoned by Fear *New
Dissected by Righteousness (Awaken)
Ingestion of Cremation (Awaken)
Media Consumption (Awaken)
Tyrannical Decay *New
Hostility Towards Conformity (Awaken)
Emesis (Age)
A Bleak Future *New
Society's Desolation (Awaken)
Code Injection (Legacy)

24.07.2012 - 10:52
BloodTears
ANA-thema
Written by X-Ray Rod on 23.07.2012 at 23:00

Written by BloodTears on 20.07.2012 at 21:29

You drank alcohol?

Yes, I know. Isn't that weird? ahah
----

My Instagram
24.07.2012 - 11:28
X-Ray Rod
Skandino
Written by BloodTears on 24.07.2012 at 10:52
Yes, I know. Isn't that weird? ahah

Just as weird as the time I saw Marcel drinking chocolate milk in the night train.
----
Like you could kiss my ass
Written by Milena on 20.06.2012 at 10:49
Rod, let me love you.
24.07.2012 - 13:53
BloodTears
ANA-thema
Quote:

Just as weird as the time I saw Marcel drinking chocolate milk in the night train.

That is weird indeed but somehow I think of it as being sweet.
----

My Instagram
24.07.2012 - 16:14
Boxcar Willy
yr a kook
Saw Slash last night, it was mediocre, but the opening band was fantastic, I can't stop listening to them.

----
14:22 - Marcel Hubregtse
I do your mum

DESTROY DRUM TRIGGERS
24.07.2012 - 16:33
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Written by BloodTears on 24.07.2012 at 13:53

Quote:

That is weird indeed but somehow I think of it as being sweet.

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah

thanks
----
Member of the true crusade against European Flower Metal

Yesterday is dead and gone, tomorrow is out of sight
Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

15.08.2012 - 19:53
O Sinistron
Hopeless Sinner
Within Temptation: The Unforgiven Tour - South America Leg - 12.02.2012 - Rio de Janeiro

I was ina a Carnival Parade, all costumed up as a 'Malandro' and I went directly to the Show. I would go home to change, and put a "more metal" outfit, but i changed my mind, I am what I am, and are not the clotches that tell who one is.

Great concert. Just could use a little bit more classic songs. But still, Great.
----
Last.fm
15.08.2012 - 22:11
Lit.
Account deleted
Just got back from Summer Slaughter. Cerebral Bore, Exhumed, Goatwhore, and Between The Buried And Me were definately the highlights. The Faceless had some technical difficulties but did good otherwise. Everyone else did good, but I walked out in the middle of Cannibal Corpse.
16.08.2012 - 04:37
Thrashette

My last one was Heavy TO, half of which was Summer Slaughter (minus Cerebral Bore, who I would've liked to see)... It was my first time being at an outdoor festival with lots of rain and mud, which I have to say was a love/hate experience but definitely better than the heat wave we got for last year's festival. As far as music goes, my favourites were Overkill, Gojira, In Flames, Fleshgod Apocalypse, and BTBAM but there were lots of other great ones and very few that left me standing off to the side bored or uninterested. I would've stayed for more than a few Slipknot songs if I didn't find their fans so fucking annoying. I thought nu metal kids had died off, but boy was I wrong... I was excited about SOAD and waited through 3 hours of bands I didn't care for just to see them, but that was a little anitclimatic. It sounded like the tuning on their guitars was off and some of their songs were barely even recognizable at first. But I'm glad I got the chance to see them and I definitely don't regret going both days
30.08.2012 - 14:24
helofloki

Went down to Boston to see my buddy and former band mate play. There was some confusion, I thought he was opening but it turned out he was headlining. Since we had to work the next day it was a bummer because we had to just outright miss his performance, but I did get to hang out with him which is cool. I have seen them once before, they actually opened for Absu. The band is called 'Fresh Kill', the lead vocalist was one of the founding members of Anal Cunt and they also have a former guitarist from Panzer Bastard. It's some real kickass grind.

There's some other goofy stories to this night as well. It was actually an all grind show, don't see those too often eh? The opening band was Demoralizer, they were some real fun goregrind. Real heavy, the vocals were nice and disgusting. Deathamphetamine followed them, a vicious classic grind, very much drawing from hardcore punk. Excellent energy here.

The next band (which we had to leave in the middle of) was 'The Swordmasters of Ginaz'. First of all, at their merch booth they had a suitcase full of used Sc-Fi books, classics like Dune, Robert A. Heinlein, Orson Scott Card, Ray Bradbury et cetera. As they set up for their performance, they began hooking up TVs on the stage. They through on some trailers for old B sci-fi movies and left. Everyone was confused, but watched the weird ass movie trailers anyway. Then the band came back dressed in these ridiculous outfits that looked like they were straight out of the trailers we were watching and played some interesting sci-fi themed grind. They had 2 guitarists and no bassist, but the lead vocalist played a synthesizer and the drummer had a small xylaphone next to his kit. It was strange, but kind of fun.

Unfortunately we still had to leave early, so we bought some Fresh Kill shirts from my buddy and headed out. It was a pretty fun show and it was good to see my friend, but definitely a bummer to leave early.
05.09.2012 - 15:09
Fritz

A month ago. July 29. Megadeth
----
Hope Dies in the hands of believers that seek the truth in the Liar's eyes.
09.09.2012 - 21:50
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
ICED EARTH + Bonnie Tailer, And Abstarct Illusion, Machine, Slowgate, Alkloy, Coldspell and dead by aprile(I did not listen it) and all are metal bands whit out Bonie
----
Life is to short for LOVE, there is many great things to do online !!!

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
12.09.2012 - 09:16
BlueMobius
Account deleted
Just saw Vektor tonight. The show was great as I expected. Sci-fi or Die! Supporting acts were Death Of Kings, Sadistic Ritual and Mangled
18.09.2012 - 16:48
Sangre Sani

The last gig I attended was Metallica, Machine Head, BLS and Gojira on Sonisphere Festival in Warsaw.
I also have been on Turbo's concert not so long ago.
19.09.2012 - 14:52
Boxcar Willy
yr a kook
I go see Protest The Hero (yay!) and BLS (nay!) in october, friggin' excited.
----
14:22 - Marcel Hubregtse
I do your mum

DESTROY DRUM TRIGGERS
20.09.2012 - 05:19
Guib
Thrash Talker
Last concert attended is... Kreator, Mortor and Swallow The Sun.. in Ottawa WAS GREAT, it was the first time Kreator came since 1994 so the crowd was pretty insane We moshed like crazies and had alot of fun really t'was great and the bands did an awesome performance. Mortor is a local band also, they played well and Insurrection's singer was there and went on stage with them to sing some of their songs insane !!!! Also a member from Annihilator was there. Can't believe we actually fit in this small bar :p lol
----
- Headbanging with mostly clogged arteries to that stuff -
Guib's List Of Essential Albums
- Also Thrash Paradise
Thrash Here
20.09.2012 - 19:18
Aristarchos

I saw Kylesa a month ago. I am planning to see Master, Pentagram and The Skull in a near future.
22.09.2012 - 23:27
Thrashette

Saw Nightwish and Kamelot the other night! Nightwish was the band that got me into metal so I was excited. It wasn't quite the same with Anette, but she's got an interesting voice and it grew on me eventually. They mostly played songs off Imaginaerum with a few off Dark Passion Play and Once. I don't think they should've played The Siren with Anette but it was alright I guess. A great performance overall! And Kamelot was amazing too. I was really impressed with the new vocalist. He's a great performer who really knew how to engage the audience. If they had a headlining show, I'd definitely want to go. March of Mephisto was great with Alissa White-Gluz, even better than it was with Shagrath or whoever originally did the harsh vocals.
24.09.2012 - 06:49
SuicidalPunk
Account deleted
I say Kreator with Accept on Wednesday. Holy shit that was one righteous show. Accept was really good, but Kreator was just amazing. Every song they played was perfect, and had so much raw energy and power i guess you could say. They played everything from Pleasure to Kill all the way up to Phantom Antichrist. Kreator is one of my all time favorite bands and they did not disapoint. That show was one of, if not the best show i have ever been to.
26.09.2012 - 06:52
Guib
Thrash Talker
Written by Guest on 24.09.2012 at 06:49

I say Kreator with Accept on Wednesday. Holy shit that was one righteous show. Accept was really good, but Kreator was just amazing. Every song they played was perfect, and had so much raw energy and power i guess you could say. They played everything from Pleasure to Kill all the way up to Phantom Antichrist. Kreator is one of my all time favorite bands and they did not disapoint. That show was one of, if not the best show i have ever been to.

Yeah I saw that Kreator show, but without Accept, it was a small concert with local bands and them during the Accept/Kreator tour. T'was great.

Back On Topic: I've seen Insurrection, Chariots of the gods and 2 other local bands last saturday. Insane again. Its so nice to see that a ''SCENE'' is growing in my local area, simply amazing.
----
- Headbanging with mostly clogged arteries to that stuff -
Guib's List Of Essential Albums
- Also Thrash Paradise
Thrash Here
01.10.2012 - 02:08
monoblogist

I saw Kreator/Accept in Columbus, Ohio back on Sept. 14th. Took a few pics n paired that with a generic review here... http://monoblogist.blogspot.com/2012/09/teutonic-terror-2012-columbus-oh-91412.html
----
http://monoblogist.blogspot.com/
02.10.2012 - 19:33
nana.MD
Star-Queen
Kiss & Mötley Crüe...amazing concert!!
Watching two iconic bands on stage was pretty awesome, plus they've got a great show with fireworks and stuff...Tommy Lee playing drums in the air ad Gene Simmons spitting blood, quite an experience...it had rained a lot so everybody was soaked!!
----
Live how you want just don't feed on me, if you doubt what I say I will make you believe...
03.10.2012 - 02:36
CobiWan1993
Secundum Filium
Stolen Babies (Meh ), Paradise Lost (Great ), Katatonia (Amazing ), and I left before Devin Townsend played. This was on the Epic Kings and Idols Tour at El Rey Theater in Los Angeles on September 8th this year.

Here's a video I recorded of one of Katatonia's new songs performed there ...
----
Ordinary men hate solitude. But the Master makes use of it, embracing his aloneness, realizing he is one with the whole universe (Lao Tzu).
09.10.2012 - 20:20
Lit.
Account deleted
Written by CobiWan1993 on 03.10.2012 at 02:36

I left before Devin Townsend played.

You weird fuck!