Metal Storm logo
The Last Concert You Attended

Original post

Posted by Deadsoulman, 16.10.2007 - 09:33
Ok people, like the old one, this is the place to tell us your latest concert experiences!

I'll start by pasting my last message in the old thread:

I saw Behemoth, Kataklysm, Aborted and Lyfthrasyr on Sunday.

As I may write a report about this one, I won't say much. Just that Kataklysm, and above all Behemoth, were amazing. Really. Absolutely amazing. I've been blown away, even if it was the third time this year I was seeing Behemoth live (after the No Mercy fest and the Hellfest). But, as headliners, they are even better.

Ok, I'll just give you the setlists of the last two bands, for those who care
Setlist Kataklysm:
Like Angels (Weeping The Dark)
Let Them Burn
Ambassador Of Pain
The Resurrected
Crippled & Broken
Serenity In Fire
1999:6661:2000
Where The Enemy Sleeps...
Beyond Salvation
As I Slither
Face The Face Of War
Manipulator Of Souls
In Shadows And Dust

Setlist Behemoth:
Rome 64 C.E.
Slaying The Prophets Of Isa
Antichristian Phenomenon
Demigod
From The Pagan Vastlands
Prometherion
Conquer All
Christgrinding Avenue
Drum Solo
Slaves Shall Serve
As Above So Below
Summoning Of the Ancient Gods
Christians To The Lions
Decade Of Therion
Chant For Eschaton 2000

Encore:
I Got Erection (Turbonegro cover)

To reply to another post in the old thread, both bands played approximately 75 minutes.

Next to come is Enslaved and Keep Of Kalessin tomorrow
29.06.2015 - 12:24
MLivePro
Motörhead, The Stranglers and King Creature at The Eden Project - Saturday (27.6.15).

Awesome show - three great bands!!
----
Visit http://m-livepro.com/ for everything we do. We've just started hosting gigs, keep your eye on what we do!!
30.06.2015 - 04:57
joey gerbils
Saw the Cancer Bats in march and it was awesome

first post here btw
10.08.2015 - 18:28
Guib
Thrash Talker
- Heavy Montreal 2015 -

Bands I've Seen:

- Meshuggah
- Neurosis
- Testament
- Within Temptation
- Arch Enemy
- Nuclear Assault
- Slipknot
- Billy Talent
- Dying Fetus
- Devin Townsend
- Gojira
- Korn
- Cattle Decapitation
- Veil Of Maya
----
- Headbanging with mostly clogged arteries to that stuff -
Guib's List Of Essential Albums
- Also Thrash Paradise
Thrash Here
01.09.2015 - 20:04
I haven't been to a gig for a long time. Last one was in May 2014. Amon Amarth, support: Karma Violens. They kicked ass but they mostly played their newer stuff, which really generic, same sounding and boring. However they were so ood I enjoyed the show. Karma Violens were good as well.
----
{}::::::[]:::::::::::::::::> ONLY DEATH IS REAL <:::::::::::::::::[]::::::{}
Rest In Peace: Bon Scott, Dave G. Halliday, Michael "Destructor" Wulf, Jerry Fogle, Quorthon, Witchhunter
05.09.2015 - 14:21
Krankheit
Account deleted
Attended Beyond The Gates in Bergen last week. The definitive highlight was when Misþyrming covered Funeral Mist's The God Supreme with Mortuus doing the vocals. The other bands that nigh was Marduk, Ascension, One Tail, One Head and ZOM.
06.10.2015 - 23:55
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
----
I stand whit Ukraine and Israel. They have right to defend own citizens.

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
16.12.2015 - 05:11
Deathmaster
I saw Havok recently at my favorite local venue. They tore that place apart. Great circle pits all night. Met and hung out with Davey Sanchez, and Nick whom is also in Cephaplic Carnage. Me and a friend got pictures with the full band too it was sick.
----
"While I live let me live deep."-Robert Howard
19.12.2015 - 13:15
Fallen Ghost
Craft Beer Geek
Ne Obliviscaris in Adelaide. Holy hell these guys are really talented, impressed that they can pull of these songs live! Hope to see them soon again
24.12.2015 - 00:54
Nightwish + Amorphis in Stockholm. Very impressed by NW and their new singer. Amorphis underwhelmed however. They played well and all, but just looked generally disinterested during the whole performance, and left the stage early without playing most of the major hits.
28.12.2015 - 17:58
Netzach
Planewalker
staff
Written by IntestinalCrypt on 24.12.2015 at 00:54

Nightwish + Amorphis in Stockholm. Very impressed by NW and their new singer. Amorphis underwhelmed however. They played well and all, but just looked generally disinterested during the whole performance, and left the stage early without playing most of the major hits.

I was there as well, and I mostly agree. I wish Amorphis would have been given a bit more scene time - think they only played for about 30-40 minutes right? Whole setlist was from Eclipse and forward as well which was a bit dull, no Black Winter Day even. I don't think they looked disinterested, at least not more than usual, every time I've seen them they've been doing the same thing. Very matter-of-fact performance which is kinda what I expect from them. The Four Wise Ones and Sacrifice were the highlights for me, I don't really like Sacrifice but it works much better live. They had problems with backing vocals on Bad Blood which ruined an otherwise great song.

Setlist: Death of a King / Sacrifice / Hopeless Days / Bad Blood / Silver Bride / The Four Wise Ones / House Of Sleep

I don't listen much to Nightwish anymore but their latest album made me interested again. I love their "return to basics" approach to it. It's a bit more scaled-down and feels more like a band playing (and therefore works better live). Their performance was stellar as always, very professional and personal at the same time. New singer has really brought more life than ever to the band in concerts. Though I wish they would keep the fireworks and fluff to a minimum and let the band to the talking. Very nice to see Troy Donockley with his pipes and stuff, brings a new dimension to their sound and they seemed to enjoy themselves a lot on stage. There were a few surprises in the setlist as well, which was nice. Awesome to hear the nostalgic favorite Stargazers again after all these years without Tarja. Floor really nailed Ghost Love Score as well.

Setlist: Shudder Before The Beautiful / Yours Is An Empty Hope / Ever Dream / Wishmaster / My Walden / The Islander / Élan / Weak Fantasy / 7 Days To The Wolves / Alpenglow / Storytime / Nemo / Stargazers / Sleeping Sun / Ghost Love Score / Last Ride Of The Day / The Greatest Show On Earth

Great evening all in all with the two bands that essentially got me into heavy metal. Nostalgia abound!
06.01.2016 - 22:04
Written by Netzach on 28.12.2015 at 17:58

I was there as well, and I mostly agree. I wish Amorphis would have been given a bit more scene time - think they only played for about 30-40 minutes right? Whole setlist was from Eclipse and forward as well which was a bit dull, no Black Winter Day even. I don't think they looked disinterested, at least not more than usual, every time I've seen them they've been doing the same thing. Very matter-of-fact performance which is kinda what I expect from them. The Four Wise Ones and Sacrifice were the highlights for me, I don't really like Sacrifice but it works much better live. They had problems with backing vocals on Bad Blood which ruined an otherwise great song.

Setlist: Death of a King / Sacrifice / Hopeless Days / Bad Blood / Silver Bride / The Four Wise Ones / House Of Sleep

It might be a warm-up act phenomenon. They got some pretty good reviews for their recent headliner tour. Seemed like they just assumed that most people in the audience were only there for NW, and therefore weren't too excited about it themselves. Have seen a few bands that only truly shine when they are the headline act, likely for this reason.

Written by Netzach on 28.12.2015 at 17:58

I don't listen much to Nightwish anymore but their latest album made me interested again. I love their "return to basics" approach to it. It's a bit more scaled-down and feels more like a band playing (and therefore works better live). Their performance was stellar as always, very professional and personal at the same time. New singer has really brought more life than ever to the band in concerts. Though I wish they would keep the fireworks and fluff to a minimum and let the band to the talking. Very nice to see Troy Donockley with his pipes and stuff, brings a new dimension to their sound and they seemed to enjoy themselves a lot on stage. There were a few surprises in the setlist as well, which was nice. Awesome to hear the nostalgic favorite Stargazers again after all these years without Tarja. Floor really nailed Ghost Love Score as well.

Setlist: Shudder Before The Beautiful / Yours Is An Empty Hope / Ever Dream / Wishmaster / My Walden / The Islander / Élan / Weak Fantasy / 7 Days To The Wolves / Alpenglow / Storytime / Nemo / Stargazers / Sleeping Sun / Ghost Love Score / Last Ride Of The Day / The Greatest Show On Earth

Great evening all in all with the two bands that essentially got me into heavy metal. Nostalgia abound!

I also like their latest album quite a lot. Was also pleasantly surprised about the more "band-centric" approach (not that Imaginaerum was bad or anything, quite the opposite). Although it seems many others are disappointed with it. Probably because of how hard Floor can rock some of the old songs live, and how she kind of takes a more restrained (yet still technically impressive) approach on the album. And maybe because it can seem like a step down in terms of ambition compared to Imaginaerum, with the less prominent orchestral parts (I don't have a problem with this however). It also has some nice Oceanborn throwbacks.
06.01.2016 - 23:37
Netzach
Planewalker
staff
Written by IntestinalCrypt on 06.01.2016 at 22:04

It might be a warm-up act phenomenon. They got some pretty good reviews for their recent headliner tour. Seemed like they just assumed that most people in the audience were only there for NW, and therefore weren't too excited about it themselves. Have seen a few bands that only truly shine when they are the headline act, likely for this reason.

Sounds likely! I don't think Amorphis are that well-known in Sweden actually, which is kind of strange. When I saw them on the Silent Waters tour (many years ago, might have changed now) there were like, tops 100 people in the audience (they played the small stage at Fryshuset, with Swallow the Sun and Insomnium as support). Feels like there ought to have been a lot more people interested in that kind of show.

Did you notice Tomi tossing out CD's in the audience? Or maybe I just imagined it.
08.01.2016 - 00:42
Written by Netzach on 06.01.2016 at 23:37

Sounds likely! I don't think Amorphis are that well-known in Sweden actually, which is kind of strange. When I saw them on the Silent Waters tour (many years ago, might have changed now) there were like, tops 100 people in the audience (they played the small stage at Fryshuset, with Swallow the Sun and Insomnium as support). Feels like there ought to have been a lot more people interested in that kind of show.

Did you notice Tomi tossing out CD's in the audience? Or maybe I just imagined it.

Wow, that's surprisingly few, although they should be more well known today. They got a lot of attention with Skyforger. But they still have the potential to be way more known than they are, given their earwormy melodies (even my mom is into some of their stuff).

Didn't see him throwing any CD's, but wasn't paying too much attention to it (just assumed it was the usual picks or drumsticks).
21.04.2016 - 11:47
Fallen Ghost
Craft Beer Geek
Yesterday I went to see Elder with Mondo Drag as support. It was a very nice gig, highlight when Elder played Dead Roots Stirring
22.04.2016 - 23:50
Abattoir
staff
Written by Fallen Ghost on 21.04.2016 at 11:47

Yesterday I went to see Elder with Mondo Drag as support. It was a very nice gig, highlight when Elder played Dead Roots Stirring

I'm planning to see Elder in couple of weeks, too (mainly out of curiosity).

How long was their set?
23.04.2016 - 11:57
Fallen Ghost
Craft Beer Geek
Written by Abattoir on 22.04.2016 at 23:50

Written by Fallen Ghost on 21.04.2016 at 11:47

I'm planning to see Elder in couple of weeks, too (mainly out of curiosity).

How long was their set?

Do that! Can't remember the exact time but I think it was around 1,5 - 2 hours or so
23.05.2016 - 19:57
MrEdu3
Cannibal Corpse and Testament
Incredible. Perfect.
12.07.2016 - 01:23
Fallen Ghost
Craft Beer Geek
Between The Buried And Me, support for Protest The Hero. Holy shit BTBAM were excellent! We went for them, so we watched 30 minutes or so of Protest The Hero, they were okay I guess but not my cup of tea. Can't wait to see BTBAM again
13.07.2016 - 16:18
Guib
Thrash Talker
Baroness at Corona Centre in Montreal.
----
- Headbanging with mostly clogged arteries to that stuff -
Guib's List Of Essential Albums
- Also Thrash Paradise
Thrash Here
08.10.2016 - 16:24
Karlabos
Meat and Potatos
Of the very few bands you can see playing in this wasteland I never thought I'd get to see Mayhem playing the whole De Mysteriis with actual Attila on vocals.
It was pretty amazing. And Attila manages to ace those diphonic vocals even live with all the stuff going on
----
"Aah! The cat turned into a cat!"
- Reimu Hakurei
08.10.2016 - 18:55
Paz
elite
Written by Karlabos on 08.10.2016 at 16:24

Of the very few bands you can see playing in this wasteland I never thought I'd get to see Mayhem playing the whole De Mysteriis with actual Attila on vocals.
It was pretty amazing. And Attila manages to ace those diphonic vocals even live with all the stuff going on

Glad to hear that I'll be able to catch the same set in December.
18.02.2017 - 07:45
Maco
Pvt Funderground
Exciter + Sacred Reich + Night Demon

Great show, Night Demon was the best band hats off. Sacred Reich was great and Exciter was also cool even though there were sound issues with them.
----
Crackhead Megadeth reigns supreme.
18.02.2017 - 09:45
no one
Account deleted
Neurosis

Pretty damn impressive for a band I'm not much a fan of. Only complaint was the vocalist head butting the microphone......cringe worthy!
18.02.2017 - 12:56
3rdWorld
China was a neat
Earlier Inquisition and now Neurosis. I assume one can go the concerts of one's favorite bands too?
18.02.2017 - 14:30
Karlabos
Meat and Potatos
Written by Guest on 18.02.2017 at 09:45

head butting the microphone

lol
----
"Aah! The cat turned into a cat!"
- Reimu Hakurei
18.02.2017 - 21:47
no one
Account deleted
Written by 3rdWorld on 18.02.2017 at 12:56

Earlier Inquisition and now Neurosis. I assume one can go the concerts of own's favorite bands too?

What do you mean by that?
19.02.2017 - 09:09
3rdWorld
China was a neat
Written by Guest on 18.02.2017 at 21:47

Just that earlier you said you weren't fan of Inquisition but booked their concerts and got used to their music and now you attended a Neurosis concert and you weren't a fan of them either. Why not pick and attend concerts of your favourite bands?
19.02.2017 - 09:49
no one
Account deleted
Written by 3rdWorld on 19.02.2017 at 09:09

Written by Guest on 18.02.2017 at 21:47

Just that earlier you said you weren't fan of Inquisition but booked their concerts and got used to their music and now you attended a Neurosis concert and you weren't a fan of them either. Why not pick and attend concerts of your favourite bands?

Because if I only went to my favourites bands I wouldn't be going to any shows at all, you can't be picky in nz. Also my mates band was opening for Neurosis.
I'm now looking at going to Marduk or Alcest, some other bands I'm not really a fan of
19.02.2017 - 14:39
Orkydw
HEAVY METAL FESTIVALS EUROPE 2017:
http://heavymetalconcerts.tk/
17.03.2017 - 13:17
Cy Nide
Overkill and Nile in Worcester MA USA March 10