Metal Storm logo
Messages marked as read before reading

‹‹ Back to Bugs
18.10.2007 - 20:59
Lord TJ

Sometimes before I open a PM it will already be marked as read (the envelope already open). Don't know what else to say on this.
----
Visit the "Black Metal Page" on facebook, my page delivers everything black metal - Memes - Music - Humor - Interviews - Discussion.

https://www.facebook.com/TheBMPage
23.10.2007 - 21:17
Ivan
Retired Admin
Written by Lord TJ on 18.10.2007 at 20:59

Sometimes before I open a PM it will already be marked as read (the envelope already open). Don't know what else to say on this.

Maybe someone is peeking into your Inbox?
Seriously, I don't know why this happens - the only explanation I can offer is the page gets processed twice without you noticing (for example, if you clicked on the link twice).
23.10.2007 - 22:05
Baz Anderson

Hahaha

Well this happens to me as well - it isn't a serious serious problem, but someone could get the wrong end of the stick if they see you have read their PM when you actually haven't

For me - going to the PM inbox counts as viewing all my messages in it. so if I get a new PM, click on the "1 PM" thing at the top but then don't actually open the message - the next time I go into the PM inbox, it will show that I have read the message when all I did was go to the inbox
23.10.2007 - 23:27
Ivan
Retired Admin
Oh yes, I might have misunderstood the problem... All messages are marked as read as soon as you load the Inbox page, so it doesn't matter if you open the message itself or not.
24.10.2007 - 10:02
GT
Coffee!!
Written by Ivan on 23.10.2007 at 23:27

Oh yes, I might have misunderstood the problem... All messages are marked as read as soon as you load the Inbox page, so it doesn't matter if you open the message itself or not.

yeah and that is a pretty nice thing...especially if you have recieved a lot of notifications. Then you don't have to open all of them. That would have taken me forever the day I recieved 300-400 'accepted edit'-notifications
----

Dreams are made so we don't get bored when we sleep
24.10.2007 - 18:00
Lord TJ

Thats probably it lol, I rarely receive more than one PM at a time.
----
Visit the "Black Metal Page" on facebook, my page delivers everything black metal - Memes - Music - Humor - Interviews - Discussion.

https://www.facebook.com/TheBMPage