Metal Storm logo
Tristania - New Female Vocalist Revealed

October 19, 2007

Tristania is proud to present their new female singer, Mariangela "Mary" Demurtas. Possessing a voice and talent that will not only complement the bands music, but give it an entirely new dimension. She is sure to usher in a new age of Tristania.

Mariangela Demurtas, aged 25, from the island of Sardinia, Italy, is the singer Tristania was looking, but did not dare hope, for. The band was focusing on voice and talent when they went out looking for a new singer half a year ago. After a thorough search and many audtions, little did they know they would get all that, and more, in the form of Mary.

She's all about music - and metal to the bone. She has performed with several Italian bands, before finally joining up with Tristania. She lists her musical influences to include Janis Joplin, Diamanda Galas, Lisa DalBello, Lauryn Hill, Skin, Chris Cornell and Jeff Buckley. An educated linguist, she has already moved to Norway and settled in Tristania's home town of Stavanger. Although this is not her first time living abroad (she studied for a year in the Dominican Republic at the age of 16), it's living proof of the dedication she brings to Tristania.

Mary brings a whole new dimension to the old as well as the new Tristania material. She is also a creative force, and the band will certainly find itself with yet another bright head when they work on new material. She brings temperament and aggressiveness to the stage, sure to complement Østen nicely. She has experience from the theatre, in addition to having been in sports since she was but a child, both aspects which will surely add character to her stage persona.

Mary has arrived - and she can not wait to meet the fans on tour.

A video introduction of Mary can be found on youtube HERE

Source: tristania.com
Band profile: Tristania
Posted: 19.10.2007 by dismaleuphony

Comments page 2 / 2

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 38   [ 1 ignored ]   Visited by: 50 users
21.10.2007 - 22:35
Oracle
Orcinus
@Torelli: no one has been comparing the Music of Tristania and Nightwish. All we were saying is that Trist did what Nightwish did and Chose someone who is not Operatic. I mean i guess they wanted a change but they singers of both these bands just dont appeal to me. also imo i think that Both Trist and Nightwish have become more poppier.
22.10.2007 - 00:00
Torelli

Allright, fair enough. My appologies.
22.10.2007 - 02:12
Oracle
Orcinus
@Torelli: Apologies accepted
22.10.2007 - 17:36
GT
Coffee!!
A very different vocalist compared to Vibeke...don't know if I like her voice yet (have to hear more from her to judge).
----

Dreams are made so we don't get bored when we sleep
23.10.2007 - 01:16
mystic666

An artistic suicide to me.Killing the whole magic of their music.
23.10.2007 - 10:41
pralat

Damn, this is an excellent choice. I didn't like the previous vocals, now I feel I'm going to really like this band
----
:-[--+
06.02.2008 - 07:20
Pale Enchantress
Account deleted
I like her voice we all know she is different to vibeke but man I was so revealed they did not choose someone like Anette(yuck) or a crappy copy of vibeke than I would of been stressing But I don't care say what you want that i don't have ears? I like her voice,personality plus I have heard her old band "alight" she sounds very good there plus the song revolution live she does NOT have a pop voice her voice is too deep and dark to be considered 'pop"
03.04.2008 - 15:07
MetalShadow
Account deleted

Goodbye Vibeke! We will miss you!:(
Mary is ok but not comparable to Vibeke.

Hits total: 5895 | This month: 21