Metal Storm logo
Singstar!

21.10.2007 - 12:52
Remus
So, we all love karaoke, right?

Well, PS2 has the answer to all your "show-off-your-singing-skills-in-front-of-everyone" needs and it's called Singstar. You can sing by yourself or try a duet with your singing mate.

There's lots of titles - Pop, Anthems, Legends, Rocks, Party....

So do you like?

What's your favourite title? What's your favourite song? Oh, and what's your highest score?
----
Procrastinate, NOW!
21.10.2007 - 18:18
Deadsoulman
Elite
Thank you thank you thank you lol. You know, you're the first person I see who admits that Singstar actually IS karaoke.

I don't like karaoke, so I don't like this game, but I've had fights with acquaintances who, on the one hand, were bashing and making fun of "all those no-life people who go to karaoke clubs", and, on the other hand, had Singstar nights every two days with dozens of friends. The basic argument was "it's not karaoke, it's on a console, so it's a video game". Like being a karaoke fan was something you should be ashamed of...
26.10.2007 - 23:27
Remus
^Dude, i have singstar-sessions almost every week-end. It's the best, even better when you're drunk!

Have you actually tried it? You shouldn't be embarassed about it. I listen to Burzum AND stick it to everyone at karaoke/singstar!

Just try it, then tell me what you think!

As 4 my personal high scores:

Hoobastank - The Reason 9300

Jamelia - Stop 8770 ( i'll set a new record this weekend)

There should be a "Metal" singstar though, it would probably have cheesey stuff on it like Hammerfall or Dragonforce but it would still be cool!

So, am the only one on MS playing this game?
----
Procrastinate, NOW!
26.10.2007 - 23:30
Ellrohir
Heaven Knight
i dont have it, but it should be nice idea...and i always have a secret dream to be a singer (though my voice is naturally against )...

only tell me - how the score is counted here i dont have any idea...
----
My rest seems now calm and deep
Finally I got my dead man sleep

27.10.2007 - 00:01
Remus
Written by Ellrohir on 26.10.2007 at 23:30

i dont have it, but it should be nice idea...and i always have a secret dream to be a singer (though my voice is naturally against )...

only tell me - how the score is counted here i dont have any idea...

It's simple really. The sequence of notes is displayed graphically on the screen. You sing into the mic and it records your replication of notes and compares it to what the song is supposed to sound like.

But if it's all too technical - all you have to do is sing with the song. It's that simple!

It also shows the video in the background so singing a kylie minogue song proves to be rather tricky, as you're more concentrated on watching the video instead of singing.

It also provides you with the words. The beauty of it is that you can sing the notes in any of the song's octaves, so if you have a deep voice you can still nail "The Scissor Sisters - Take yo Momma out"

But if you know someone with a PS2 you should try it, you'll probably get hooked imediately!
----
Procrastinate, NOW!
27.10.2007 - 13:09
Ellrohir
Heaven Knight
well i really know someone with PS2 - it is me...

but i dont know if i really want to go in something like this...
----
My rest seems now calm and deep
Finally I got my dead man sleep

29.11.2007 - 03:24
Oracle
Orcinus
I think singstar has pretty crappy songs on it. i mean some of them are alright i guess. why couldnt they make singstar metal or something. they have singstar rock, RnB, Pop, i think 80s? i cant remember the rest. metal is never included in anything these days and it is soooo annoying grr.
29.11.2007 - 20:29
Nilla
Account deleted
Never actually thought I'd try singstar but one at one party recently I got a bit drunk and tried to compete with singing a couple of the least horrible songs in Singstar pop and 80's hits. It was actually fun with the points beeing given for following the melody rather that from how you sing, interesting if you can get full point just by making noises in the right tune rather that singing the lyrics.
30.11.2007 - 00:27
Oracle
Orcinus
I dont think ive ever played singstar before. i guess the alot of the songs (not all of them though ) do turn me off but i must admit it does look pretty fun... when your drunk hehe.
02.12.2007 - 17:27
Remus
Written by Oracle on 30.11.2007 at 00:27

I dont think ive ever played singstar before. i guess the alot of the songs (not all of them though ) do turn me off but i must admit it does look pretty fun... when your drunk hehe.

..."When you're drunk", oh please, everyone says that. The truth is, it's an extremely entertaining game whether you're sober or not. You should really try it before you condemn it.

When i read the track-lists of the different versions of the game i too thought that the songs were quite lame, but as gay as Seal's "Kiss form a Rose" sounds, it's still awesome to sing. Some of my favourite songs in the game are:

Kylie Minogue & Nick Cave - Where the wild Roses Grow
The Cranberries - Zombie
Nirvana - Smells Like Teen Spirit & Come as You Are
The Rolling Stones - Paint it Black
Gwen Stefani - Watcha' waiting for

& there's many more...
----
Procrastinate, NOW!
03.12.2007 - 07:39
Oracle
Orcinus
^Well i have played singstar and it didnt interest me one bit and im not the singing type.
i prefer Guitar Hero coz i find it more fun and entertaining and at least you dont have to hear terrible singers
19.12.2007 - 18:43
Finicella
Account deleted
Oh - my - god! A Singstar thread! That's awesome!
I LOVE this game! It's my favorite one, as you can surely imagine. ^^

I really enjoyed the 80's. (Especially the NDW songs which were on the German version... I suppose nobody who isn't German would like to sing Nena's hits xD)
I just beat my own high score.... okay, actually it was in August when I last played. ^^
My best songs:
Culture Club - Karma Chameleon (omg, did I write this right?) ~ 9890 [I think... Could be 10 less... ^^]
Extreme - More Than Words ~ 9830

Of course everything in the Easy mode... ^^
I think Culture Club is also No. 1 in Medium and Difficult... But I don't remember. ^^

If I ever get a PS2 and SingStar myself I'll tell you more details.
17.01.2008 - 22:54
Remus
Written by Guest on 19.12.2007 at 18:43

Culture Club - Karma Chameleon (omg, did I write this right?) ~ 9890 [I think... Could be 10 less... ^^]

Yay, another adept of Singstar! We're steadily gaining world domination!

My mates and i are putting money together to buy 80's and the original one. I'm looking forward to the Karma Chameleon song, of course it won't beat Wham! - wake me up before you go go, nor Billy Joel's Uptown girl, but still, boy george is cool! And who can forget "The Final Countdown"?

Yup, can hardly wait!

Have you played the "Pop" or "Rocks" versions?
----
Procrastinate, NOW!
20.01.2008 - 16:22
Skeggjadr
Account deleted
How many different version are there? I think me girlfriend has about 6, but I'm sure there's lots more. I'm waiting for them to bring out a Black Metal version before I give it a go.
20.01.2008 - 16:28
Remus
Written by Guest on 20.01.2008 at 16:22

How many different version are there? I think me girlfriend has about 6, but I'm sure there's lots more. I'm waiting for them to bring out a Black Metal version before I give it a go.

Let's see:

SingStar (PS2)
SingStar Party
SingStar Pop
SingStar '80s
SingStar Rocks!
SingStar Anthems
SingStar Legends
SingStar Pop Hits
SingStar 90s
SingStar Amped
SingStar Rock Ballads
SingStar R&B
SingStar Bollywood

also, there's the Highschool Musical and High School Musical 2...

no Singstar! black-metal so far though, but i don't see why they shouldn't come out with one!
----
Procrastinate, NOW!
20.01.2008 - 16:41
Skeggjadr
Account deleted
13! I thought there were 10 at the most! It's a great franchise because they know people will buy all those different versions. Anyway I've been meaning to try it but I suddenly feel really embarassed everytime the opportunity arises. It looks like fun though!

Haha there's seriously no chance of them ever releasing a BM version! But then again there's a SingStar Bollywood so you never know! I can see them doing a metal one... although like people have already said, it would have stuff like Hammerfall. It'd definately have Iron Maiden and Black Sabbath, probably Metallica as well (but sadly not the old good stuff from any of these bands). I could see them putting Enter Sandman on.
26.08.2014 - 07:00
EnterDeath24601
Account deleted
This was certainly one of my favorite video games when I was younger, and I'd probably still enjoy it today. I was pretty good at it too, I guess, and I got perfect scores of 10,000 on the songs "The Reason" by Hoobastank, "Somewhere Only We Know" by Keane, and "Chasing Cars" by Snow Patrol multiple times on medium level, not to brag or anything, and I get over 9,000 on all of my favorite songs.

Well, they have a few metal songs that you can purchase on the newer Singstar games, such as "Breaking the Law" by Judas Priest or "Storytime" by Nightwish. I think they might have added more metal songs with clean vocals since last time I checked, but I'm also sure that they'll never upload songs featuring