Search this topic:  
Yes, what's your favorite?

Helloween68
Gamma Ray49
Can't Choose!!!!22

Total votes: 139

The original post

Posted by selken on 22.10.2007 at 19:36
Helloween and Gamma Ray are for me (and maybe for many people) the peak of both german and world's Power metal genre, product of the masterminds Hansen and Weikath. I first discovered Helloween, then GR, and when I discovered them, I felt like if I found a long time lost sound. the great voice of Hansen again. But Helloween has their stuff too, always experimenting with music, making for me one of the most innovative bands ever.
Both with kind of similar sounds yet with a notable unique style, this bands deserve to have an epic battle, so post your comments!!!!.

BTW I'm quite impressed because of this thread didn't existed before, maybe everybody thought that such a thread already existed

Page 3 of 3

Metal Invader

12.03.2012 at 22:03
Written by Infernal Eternal on 12.03.2012 at 19:42

Written by Metal Invader on 11.03.2012 at 21:20

Written by Infernal Eternal on 10.03.2012 at 15:52

Simple: Gamma Ray. They made some really good albums while Helloween after Kai Hansen's departure released only pure shit. Just think that I Want Out, the band's most well-known song, was written by Hansen because he was put too much pressure by the other band members.

well i dont know that Time Of The Oath,Gambling With The Devil and 7 Sinners are pure shit and To The Metal and Land Of The Free 2 is a masterpice..and the pressure was not just becose atmosfere in the band..Kai said in latest interview that he left because he was young and could not cope with so much glory and long tours to..still you have right to your own opinion..peace!

This is the most polite reply I've ever seen in MS.

haha..thanx! i just think that these two arguments that you wrote are not so strong..no reasons for bad words!
Hope i win a prize for politest reply here enjoy
Infernal Eternal

13.03.2012 at 18:48
Quote:
Hope i win a prize for politest reply here enjoy

If there was a competition or sth about the most polite reply, I'm sure you'd be the winner!
----
www.carnagedeathmetal.de - Awesome Fanzine
Cuca Beludo
Account deleted
  22.04.2012 at 04:51
For me, Gamma Ray. Less cheesy lyrics (still cheesy) and better vocals.
But I also enjoy Helloween.
SuicidalCyco
No Mercy

09.05.2012 at 01:40
Im going with Helloween. I dicovered them a long time ago and was instantly hooked. Sure some of their stuff is cheesy (same with Gamma Ray, and almost every power metal band for that matter) but they sure do have some righteous songs. Gamma Ray i just found out about awhile back, still good, but im going with Helloween.
----
The sun may never set on the British empire, but it never sets on my asshole either.
Darth Revan

09.05.2012 at 22:52
Gotta go with Gamma Ray. While Helloween does have some nice stuff, their latest album especially, I prefer Kai's singing to pretty much any vocalist Helloween has had (Well, he was on vocals in their first EP, but he was vocalist on Gamma Ray for a far longer period of time) and I generally prefer Gamma ray's style... though they have been losing it a bit lately. Also, offtopic... production for both Helloween and Gamma ray's latest albums seems to be... Well, murky. What was up with that?
Metal Invader

09.05.2012 at 23:28
Written by Darth Revan on 09.05.2012 at 22:52

Gotta go with Gamma Ray. While Helloween does have some nice stuff, their latest album especially, I prefer Kai's singing to pretty much any vocalist Helloween has had (Well, he was on vocals in their first EP, but he was vocalist on Gamma Ray for a far longer period of time) and I generally prefer Gamma ray's style... though they have been losing it a bit lately. Also, offtopic... production for both Helloween and Gamma ray's latest albums seems to be... Well, murky. What was up with that?

I can say for Helloween album:they reccorded album on calm frequency(natural ear frequency)to get calm atmosfere or "murky" as you said

Or if you want official: important aspect of "7 Sinners" is the instrument's tuning to chamber pitch 432, instead of 440. Although musicology agreed on 440 Hz in the 50ies, it's been found today, that 432 Hz is the more natural frequency for the human ear and therefore radiates a relaxing effect. It was the band's idea, to record this extremely hard album in a calm frequency and in such a way oppose balancing vibes subconsciously to the supposed agitation of Speed-Metal. Definitely a unique approach, at least in this genre.

Or you didnt mean that?:)
Guib

16.05.2012 at 01:15
Just cut the crap and vote Helloween all of you...
----
- I love my technical, melodic, my thrash, agressive and fast paced, my sludge, well thought, my heavy, heavier and my metal, ever-growing -
Metal Invader

16.05.2012 at 15:28
Written by Guib on 16.05.2012 at 01:15

Haha..nice one..Democracy at work!:) But i agree
Guib

30.05.2012 at 01:05
Written by Metal Invader on 16.05.2012 at 15:28

Written by Guib on 16.05.2012 at 01:15

Haha..nice one..Democracy at work!:) But i agree

I know eh
----
- I love my technical, melodic, my thrash, agressive and fast paced, my sludge, well thought, my heavy, heavier and my metal, ever-growing -

Advertise on Metal Storm
Pages: 1 2 [3]

Login or register to post here.