Yes, what's your favorite?

Helloween
Gamma Ray
Can't Choose!!!!

Total votes: 168
22.10.2007 - 19:36
selken
Irreligious
Helloween and Gamma Ray are for me (and maybe for many people) the peak of both german and world's Power metal genre, product of the masterminds Hansen and Weikath. I first discovered Helloween, then GR, and when I discovered them, I felt like if I found a long time lost sound. the great voice of Hansen again. But Helloween has their stuff too, always experimenting with music, making for me one of the most innovative bands ever.
Both with kind of similar sounds yet with a notable unique style, this bands deserve to have an epic battle, so post your comments!!!!.

BTW I'm quite impressed because of this thread didn't existed before, maybe everybody thought that such a thread already existed
----
22.10.2007 - 20:59
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
cant choose bout are not good bands for me, but if Helloween are like in latest videos I say Gamma Ray are better(even are cheesy too)
----
Life is to short for LOVE, there is many great things to do online !!!

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
22.10.2007 - 23:54
4look4rd
The Sasquatch
Both are great bands, BUT I just love Helloween with Deris, and I think that they are far superior than Gamma Ray (or any other power metal band)
----
05.11.2007 - 21:01
Stalker
Lone wanderer
Wait a second.... is Kai Hansen in Gamma Ray or in Helloween...?? Oh, yeah, he is in Gamma Ray! So, thats my answer to your question! Gamma Ray all the way! Helloween rocked really hard, until Mr. Hansen decided to leave, but now, he is rocking with the Gamma Ray. Yeah!
----
06.11.2007 - 02:50
Eternal Flames

It's pretty close but my vote goes to Gamma Ray simply because they have been more consistent throughout their career in my opinion. I really loved the earlier Helloween era (some of their late 90s/early 2000s work was very good also), but other than that, they've had inconsistencies throughout their career, with some very poor albums here and then. And well, I prefer Hansen's vocals over Deris'. Nevertheless, both are great bands but Gamma Ray has a slight edge over Helloween.
06.11.2007 - 03:29
Lowelas OF FIRE
Account deleted
Gamma Ray probably are the more dependable and more consistant band.......But I still feel attached to the first Helloween album, that is Classic Speed Metal! Kai's voice was so young and wild! They had one or two good songs within the next two albums [which Kai was in], but the debut was best. I think I vote Helloween.
13.11.2007 - 05:22
+{Jonas}+
I R Serious Cat
Gamnma Ray, 'cause I've never like Helloween much.
----
"Nobody wants to be the weird kid, you just end up being the weird kid. You don't know how you ended up getting there" - Rob Zombie

http://jonas-bs.deviantart.com My dA, mainly photography, go check it out!
14.11.2007 - 23:06
RhysTerk

Both are great bands, but Gamma Ray is just a little better
23.11.2007 - 20:49
Henry13
Account deleted
I think both of them are just brilliant,but i believe Helloween is better
24.11.2007 - 04:58
Dreamwar_86
To Arms!
Gamma Ray of course and the albums Kai made on helloween anything made by Kai beats the stuff from helloween

despite that helloween kick ass!!
----
Stay Metal !!!
24.11.2007 - 20:46
Bow To Cheese!!!
Account deleted
The early stuff from both of the bands is awsome, but as time went on Helloween kind of got worse, which is why Gamma Ray wins this one for me. Gamma Ray is also very underated IMO, it never gets as much attention as bands like Blind Guardian or Dragonforce even though the band deserves it.
29.11.2007 - 21:58
Timsen
Account deleted
Of course both are great Power Metal bands, but I decided for Helloween
because they're more tradional, which is rooted in their earlier appearance.
Their (early) style is rooted in thrashy riffs and is - although it is melodic -
much more harder then Gamma Ray.
30.11.2007 - 08:08
Baz Anderson

what the hell is the point in having a poll where you have a "can't decide" option?! isn't that the point of the poll?

anyway.. these two are two of my all time favourite bands, both great great bands but the vote has to go for Helloween.
I prefer Helloween's earlier stuff (although some of the best Gamma Ray stuff is the early stuff), I prefer Gamma Ray in the 90's sort of time, and now more recently since Gamma Ray started releasing slightly duff albums I think Helloween are the better band - the new Helloween has to be the album of the year
01.12.2007 - 16:19
Shadows Hunter
Account deleted
I pick helloween because the two keeper albums are classic power metal Am i fan of them both but
gemma ray fell a bit short for me.
04.12.2007 - 02:02
EddieGunner
Valkoinen kuolem
aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa I'ts HELLOWEEN
offcourse is helloween they r best german band ever gama ray is somewhere around helloween knees
----
On pirun vaikea selvitä hengissä hautaan saakka
It is damn difficult to stay alive till the grave
Erno Paasilinna
:devil:
04.12.2007 - 03:15
APOHAKC
The Bard
I love old Helloween albums more than anything Gamma Ray done, but, Kai Hansen made those songs, also, new Gamma Ray is for two classes better than Helloween, their have more better albums than pumpkins, and after seeing both bands alive, I enjoyed Gamma Ray much, much more, my final answer is Gamma Ray.
----
They say that we are gone but I can't let you down
The heathen faith will rise again we won't fail now
I know we cannot die forever is our time
Give my people back to me free from Christianity!!!!
05.12.2007 - 16:54
Hyvaarin

Helloween - awesome innovators, and have stayed very strong in recent years thanks to Andi "awesome singer" Deris. Gamma Ray have some good material, but not a lot that really strikes me as extraordinary.
----
"Summoned By Words Never Spoken Before..."
05.12.2007 - 19:49
Oskmrgo83
Oskmrgo83
Gamma Ray is an excellent band, they have a strong sound. But let me tell you this: Helloween is the best. Deris is one of my favorite singers of all time, their new stuff on each album they make, the balance between strenght and elegance. So, they have great ballads. I love Helloween.
----
Now it's time to... rock!!!!!
17.12.2007 - 22:15
IllNiñoSweden

Too much power and speed metal for me.
18.12.2007 - 16:35
Snockis

Well I gotta say that I absolutely loved Helloween during their early years ( ok, I wasn't born then, but I like their older records more then the new ones), IMo it was Hansen and Kiske that made Helloween to what it was during that time, But when Kiske left, Helloween left my heart aswell. but gotta say that Hansen still make master music. so I vote for Gamma Ray.
Hansen is a great singer!
21.12.2007 - 21:39
Abattoir

Helloween for me...great stuff. Maybe have earlier albums made better impression than the new, latest albums did...but cool anyway
23.12.2007 - 20:47
Ascalon

Helloween .. it's an historic bnad, the base of power metal .. what you can say agains them .. but Gamma Ray ... it's also a really great band .. with AMAZING songs... really :

I CAN'T CHOOSE ...

Kai Hansen for me!!!! The master-mind of both bands! ( I agree )
----
"Follow your steps and you'll find, the unknown ways are on your mind" (Angra)
10.01.2008 - 01:13
Megadeth_Matt

helloween before hansen and the crew left. gamma ray after that. i think that andy, good as he is, doesnt give the magic to helloween that hansen did. so if we are talking right now, gamma ray. if we are talking overall, including all music, The Keeper PT1 and PT2 sky rocket Helloween over gamma ray.

gotta go with helloween based on those albums.
----
THE MAN
13.01.2008 - 21:08
Son of Odin

Very hard but Helloween were so much better in the 80:s, therefore goes my vote to Gamma Ray.
----
METAL UNITES US ALL!
07.02.2008 - 22:59
Lothroniell
Account deleted
I just can't choose!
08.02.2008 - 00:41
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Guest on 07.02.2008 at 22:59

I just can't choose!

me to because boath band are boring IMO
----

apos;'
[image]
08.02.2008 - 10:48
Lothroniell
Account deleted
Written by Bad English on 08.02.2008 at 00:41

Written by Guest on 07.02.2008 at 22:59

I just can't choose!

me to because boath band are boring IMO

I can't choos because boath bands are great
08.02.2008 - 10:53
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Guest on 08.02.2008 at 10:48

Thay boath are simmilar and there are no posible choose, same bad album covers, lyrics and so on
Gamma Ray vs Blind Guardin its be easyer BG will win
----

apos;'
[image]
08.02.2008 - 11:01
Lothroniell
Account deleted
Written by Bad English on 08.02.2008 at 10:53

Written by Guest on 08.02.2008 at 10:48

Thay boath are simmilar and there are no posible choose, same bad album covers, lyrics and so on
Gamma Ray vs Blind Guardin its be easyer BG will win

Well, between Blind Guardian and Gamma Ray OF COURSE Blind Guardian...
But topic is Gamma Ray vs Helloween, so don't talk about other bands
08.02.2008 - 11:02
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Guest on 08.02.2008 at 11:01

Well, between Blind Guardian and Gamma Ray OF COURSE Blind Guardian...
But topic is Gamma Ray vs Helloween, so don't talk about other bands

I know about what are this topic but PM are boring mously and those are moust overated PM bands
----

apos;'
[image]