Metal Storm logo
Project Creation (progressive/power/heavy/ambeint)

23.10.2007 - 20:03
Soliloquy
its weird that no one has mentioned these guys yet. they added me about a year and a half, or maybe two years ago on myspace. and i was quite blown away by their originality. it was quite unique. i mean, here, they have a concept of the creation of the world which i believe is universal to all their songs/albums/eps. and to add to that, they draw their inspirations from all sorts of things to create a very interesting atmosphere. these are the things i can pick up from their sound:

celtic folk
progressive
operatic vocals(taht come and go)
shredding solos(that come and go)
an ambient atmosphere they creat by weird instruments
flamenco
heavy
rock
blues-ish
metal

and bunch of other stuff that i'm still quite new to.

the band has two albums out. the first, Floating World, came out in 2005. the second, Dawn on Pyther, came out this year-2007-. its hard to say as to which album is better then the other simply because both these albums are made of really high production quality, and quite different(with some similarities) in their own right. the similarities are so common that it quite literally feels like its a dual disk that was made at the same time. but on a second listen, dawn on pyther is more epic, melodic, and much more memorable. but that doesnt mean that Floating World isnt worth the attention.

oh, and though the idea behind the band is fairly 'make a pizza with the cheese' power metal stuff; the sound is FAR from it.

this was taken from their webiste:

Quote:
The most acclaimed and amazing project, which follows a story already defined from start to finish, spanning across 4 albums. With the first album released by Progrock Records it's now time for the Bombastic second release 'DAWN ON PYTHER'. It's a conceptual album, and more than an album actually, with a high budget film being produced along with the music, all in CGI plus a videoclip featuring female singer Zara! This is hypnotic and intense Prog-metal combined with ambient elements put together for a totally new sound approach. Project Creation is the first Portuguese Mega-project, or supergroup, to gather many well known musicians from the progressive scene!

sure, they havent had a record label deal(or not that i'm aware of) but then again, they are coming from portugal, and you dont really see too many metal bands from there getting huge publicity too often....

so, if you havent heard of em, i strongly urge you to do so!!! heres their myspace link:

http://www.myspace.com/projectcreation

and if you have. what do you think of em?
----

now get on your knees and worship me!
-Zakk Wylde
28.10.2007 - 04:48
Fuath
very impressive, thank u for making this thread, i rather like them
----
FRACTALS!!!!!

28.10.2007 - 10:37
BloodTears
ANA-thema
elite
I'm interested. I will get my hands on the albums as soon as I can.
----
Written by BloodTears on 19.08.2011 at 18:29

Like you could kiss my ass.

My Instagram
01.11.2007 - 23:37
Soliloquy
woot!!

someone actually posted in here. thanks guys

i asked hugo about a possible tour, but he said he doesnt know...atleast not yet. would be interesting to see how they make all that atmospheric presence audible in the concert halls
----

now get on your knees and worship me!
-Zakk Wylde
22.12.2007 - 12:46
annodomini
For me its a new Ayreon, maybe even better, the new album is THe BEst album of 2007 , such a beutiful music
----
the riddle wants to be...
22.12.2007 - 13:53
BloodTears
ANA-thema
elite
Wow. That is a big statement giving the fact that Ayreon are doing great.
----
Written by BloodTears on 19.08.2011 at 18:29

Like you could kiss my ass.

My Instagram