Metal Storm logo
Unofficial Heavy Metal Eurovision

03.06.2006 - 22:21
wrathchild

I've just found this browsing the Web for some bands. This site is organizing a vote, featuring one song from one band from all countries eligible for participating to the real Eurovision Song Contest event (provided they found a band for each country).

The bands are not invovled in the competition, as far as I understood. They're not even told they're participating, so as they site on the site, it's just for fun, it's nothing big.

But it is still a way to discover new bands, just like our compilation. Note that it's written:
Priority is given to active power metal and prog metal bands

http://metal.esckaz.com/
----
La belleza no reside en lo que puedas crear, sino en lo que eres capaz de transmitir
Beauty resides not in what you're able to create, but in what you're able to communicate

Txus, Mägo De Oz
04.06.2006 - 08:01
Icewings
La Luna
Hey this is really interesting ,thank you for posting and well I'll take a look at it and I'm sure all of us are gonna find new and interesting music ..so I'll read more about it to see the rules and stuff but yeah Great thing you show us thanks
----

Metalheads for Black Lives and Land Back
05.06.2006 - 10:30
GT
Coffee!!
Funny idea...great way to learn about new bands from different contries.
----

Dreams are made so we don't get bored when we sleep
09.06.2006 - 17:20
Lupas
Maximus
Hey where is malta.
Dam no song from malta. My country sucks !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Btw great idea , i never heard that before
----
"For what point has this life if you can't realise your dreams?" -- The Divine Comedy
09.06.2006 - 17:30
RavenLord

What's for Ireland; Cruachan or Primordial? :p

Damn, link won't work. I'll try it when I get home and post my thoughts later.

Well, at the very least, any Irish metal band would be better than Brian Kennedy with 'Generic Irish ballad NOT called 'Danny Boy' but musically identical' No 7 in C major, with a key change before the final chorus
----
09.06.2006 - 17:33
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Written by wrathchild on 03.06.2006 at 22:21

But it is still a way to discover new bands, just like our compilation. Note that it's written:
Priority is given to active power metal and prog metal bands

http://metal.esckaz.com/

So it seems that they too are focussing on the mainstream just like the normal Eurovision Song Contest. Why only the soft side of metal, the melodic side, what's wrong with the extreme?
----
Member of the true crusade against European Flower Metal

Yesterday is dead and gone, tomorrow is out of sight
Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

09.06.2006 - 18:07
wrathchild

Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 09.06.2006 at 17:33

So it seems that they too are focussing on the mainstream just like the normal Eurovision Song Contest. Why only the soft side of metal, the melodic side, what's wrong with the extreme?

Well, the answer is probably "because they don't like it". As I said, it seems to be something completely unprofessionnal, just a bunch of people having fun with that. I haven't search for that but I wouldn't be surprised if an extreme version was or will be created by others.

I see they chose Conscience for France, Ironsword for Portugal and Firestorm for Austria, the only three bands from the list that I know. There are probably more to discover.
----
La belleza no reside en lo que puedas crear, sino en lo que eres capaz de transmitir
Beauty resides not in what you're able to create, but in what you're able to communicate

Txus, Mägo De Oz
10.06.2006 - 03:08
Dark Cornatus
Powerslave
lol i only know of Power Quest, i suck.
17.06.2006 - 02:30
Dam3k

This is cool!!
----

18.06.2006 - 12:47
GT
Coffee!!
Written by Lupas on 09.06.2006 at 17:20

Hey where is malta.

Malta is represented in the 1st, 2nd and 3rd edition....Denmark finished 1st to times and one time 3rd place...
----

18.06.2006 - 16:41
Lupas
Maximus
Written by GT on 18.06.2006 at 12:47

Written by Lupas on 09.06.2006 at 17:20

Hey where is malta.

Malta is represented in the 1st, 2nd and 3rd edition....Denmark finished 1st to times and one time 3rd place...

Yeah i read that but still Malta should have a song
----
"For what point has this life if you can't realise your dreams?" -- The Divine Comedy
18.06.2006 - 17:54
_HIV_

heavy metal evrovision?! ... thats the dumbest thing i have ever heard! honestly ... wat the fak!
18.06.2006 - 18:07
Nightwish15
Account deleted
Wow this is really cool, I am downloading it all, I defenitly gonna vote ^^:p..
This isnt dumb, The Official Eurovision Songcontest is really cool, I watch it every year, and now there is finally a contest for the metalheads
19.06.2006 - 13:56
marinBG

This is a fun idea but I think they chose the wrong genres... sorry
+how do we vote, or we can't?
----
...cause I don't give a fuck if you hate me!
23.06.2006 - 19:26
Hydralamia
Account deleted
cool... this should be televised
10.09.2006 - 07:49
RockerAliaga

i'll never see it, 'cuz i'm in chile so far from euro but i hope some band od spain win it. i love many bands from this country like warcry, barón rojo, mägo d oz, saratoga, tierra santa y aliaga.:banger2:
----
Por el Puto Rock 'n' Roll!!! / Rock on!!!
11.09.2006 - 11:44
GT
Coffee!!
What can I say. Denmark finished first again!!
----

11.09.2006 - 18:11
Passenger
Lost To Apathy
Heavy Metal Eurovision? What's this world coming to? You can make a good compilation and not have to call it a contest. I'd be particularly worried if there were any extreme bands there.
----
You don't make up for your sins in church. You do it in the streets. You do it at home. The rest is bullshit and you know it ~ Mean Streets
05.11.2006 - 14:28
Opium Magnet
Account deleted
It'd be nice to see an extreme equivalent, for extreme metal bands only, although this is also very interesting.
05.11.2006 - 16:37
Vidrageon
Account deleted
Funny story, I discovered this a while ago and actually discovered Gaia Epicus because of it...shame Gaia Epicus is a bit shit. It's a nice way to discover some rare power metal/prog metal bands.
05.11.2006 - 16:45
Eight
Shapeshifter
This is not such a bad idea afterall, ow cool there even Estonia! Aghh..my ears, can't listen to bloodrain
----
Book: "I am a Shepherd. Folks like a man of God."

Mal: "No, they don't. Men of God make everyone feel guilty and judged."
06.11.2006 - 20:40
?Bodomchild?

Congrats to all the bands ! i heard a few ones and there some interestings bands
----
asd
06.11.2006 - 22:40
Remus

Written by RavenLord on 09.06.2006 at 17:30

Well, at the very least, any Irish metal band would be better than Brian Kennedy with 'Generic Irish ballad NOT called 'Danny Boy' but musically identical' No 7 in C major, with a key change before the final chorus

Dude, i don't know what the hell you just said, still, to clear things up, the band which represents Ireland is "Defect". Heard of them? I'm checking out all the bands now but i haven't gotten to that one yet.
----
Procrastinate, NOW!
25.06.2007 - 23:35
Ernis
狼獾
Beautiful dream....the homepage introduced that Heavy Metal won in 2006 and brought two heavy metal bands to participate in 2007....however...as we all saw, these songs were more or less completely ignored at the competition....shows that metal in general doesn't have any high hopes connected to that sort of competition....however....a separate competition for metal acts only is a fine idea.....
25.06.2007 - 23:46
iaberis
Advice Troll
Yeah I've heard about this competition quite some time ago, when I was searching a greek band's site, I saw an announcement saying they won the 1st or 2nd place and had a link for the competition site. I went on to download various songs so I could learn about more bands, but most of the songs were unable to be played for some reason... I don't think I liked the site much, but the idea is good...
----
Bitch! Please
26.06.2007 - 05:04
APOHAKC
The Bard
Common, give new link, this one is definetely broken, I tried from two PCs!

EDIT: I suck, I opened webpage, lol Tornado is representing Serbia, they are playing for 15 years and bastards never made gig in Serbia
----
They say that we are gone but I can't let you down
The heathen faith will rise again we won't fail now
I know we cannot die forever is our time
Give my people back to me free from Christianity!!!!
26.06.2007 - 20:02
Vrana

He he interesting, and Slovenia is on the list too! (but it seems I can't download the song?!) I have to check this bands, I don't know even one of them...
27.06.2007 - 23:23
Doc G.
Full Grown Hoser
This is a neat idea, too bad Im not really into much prog or power....after checking out most of those bands I have to admit I dont like any of them....still a great concept though.
----
"I got a lot of really good ideas, problem is, most of them suck."
- George Carlin
16.05.2016 - 00:18
Fearmeister
Account deleted
Holy 9 year necro batman!
18.05.2016 - 07:38
Kennoth

That's some unholy necromancy shit right here.

But I'm still glad I found this thread. Great concept.
----
*insert something deep and profound*