Metal Storm logo
Rotting Christ - Tallinn, Estonia, 2.09.2007

Event: Rotting Christ: Baltic/Scandinavian/German Tour
Written by: Ernis
Published: 25.10.2007

On September the 2nd, 2007 Greek act Rotting Christ arrived to the small venue in Nõmme, green and unsuspecting of any satanic activity Tallinn suburbs - exactly two years after having played there last time, on 2.09.2005 - to present the songs that were known before and to play brand new ones as well.

It's difficult to decide which show was better - they were both good in their own way. First time there may have been more anticipation. This year we were already prepared for something wild. And of course, ready to hear the songs from "Theogonia" live.

Crionics from Poland and Incantation from the United States were on the warm-up, doing a pretty good job - so that soon everything and everyone were ready for the return of Rotting Christ. They finally arrived, and with the first songs the temperatures of the room hit the ceiling. My attempts to take any decent pictures during the performance were rendered impossible by people making violent leaps in order to land on the backs or those standing in front of them with the obvious goal of making way closer to the stage. All in all, I was quickly pushed out of the moshpit and since I had a borrowed camera, it would've been risky to wrestle through the masses again. Plus it would've been a major challenge, as those who wish to maintain a place in the front rows during such gig must have at least a pair of friends nearby serving as proper reinforcements.

With the situation in the hall closely resembling a battle ground, the band themselves didn't seem notice it, or if the did they most probably were enjoying the havoc they were partially responsible for. Needless to say, the crowd was pleased, those in the front row, those jumping on each other behind them, those jumping and headbanging in a safer distance, those in the beer-drinking zone and even those smoking outside. The music filled every inch and corner of the area. The chanting of "Rotting Christ! Rotting Christ!" occurred every once in a while between the songs. At the same time the bandmembers themselves went into more diabolical state of mind and action with every song.

The band performed both older songs and new ones during the gig. Among the first ones were, for instance, "Athanati Este" and "Enuma Elish", both being the highlights from the last two albums "Sanctus Diavolos" and "Theogonia". "King Of A Stellar War" was one of the good older songs. All in all, every song was received warmly by the crowd, and the band members, especially Sakis Tolis, enjoyed their time on the stage. A gig played with heart and filled with energy.

Only negative things about the performance were the absence of some fine songs. For example "Sanctus Diavolos" which shook the walls of the venue last time was not performed this time. The band also didn't appear for the encore and immediately gave way to the Brazilian death metal act Krisiun. Apart from this, Rotting Christ gave a grand show and will always be welcome to return to Estonia - maybe on Sept. 2, 2009, just to keep the pattern?

Guest article disclaimer:
This is a guest article, which means it does not necessarily represent the point of view of the MS Staff.

Comments

Comments: 7   Visited by: 13 users
25.10.2007 - 21:14
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
@Sakis Xanomia sucks
----
Life is to short for LOVE, there is many great things to do online !!!

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
25.10.2007 - 21:31
Stalker
Lone wanderer
Ah, my friend, I can see you have succeeded in getting your review online!
----
25.10.2007 - 22:06
Ernis
狼獾
Written by Stalker on 25.10.2007 at 21:31

Ah, my friend, I can see you have succeeded in getting your review online!

Fo shizzle... : )

And I need to thank Ivan for this....also mind that there are some sentences added by him so this review would be as good as possible....I'm very thankful to him....
27.10.2007 - 12:28
VaronoZz
Vampbaron
estonian metalheads u are lucky
----
give praise for the blood it bled,
grant a rose for the dead...
27.10.2007 - 13:36
Opium
Account deleted
What amazes me here (excuse the nazism, though this is pet peeve many of us other MS'ers share) is that Frodo managed to write without the frequent "...", it makes the world of difference when reading what he writes.

Please don't take this as me attacking you, Frodo, I strongly encourage you to write like this from now on, at least your posts won't seem as scattered and incoherent

Overall, it was a good concert review, Rotting Christ sure do look like they put on a good show

Now, if only they performed more of their older material
27.10.2007 - 18:37
Ernis
狼獾
Written by Guest on 27.10.2007 at 13:36

What amazes me here (excuse the nazism, though this is pet peeve many of us other MS'ers share) is that Frodo managed to write without the frequent "...", it makes the world of difference when reading what he writes.

Please don't take this as me attacking you, Frodo, I strongly encourage you to write like this from now on, at least your posts won't seem as scattered and incoherent

Overall, it was a good concert review, Rotting Christ sure do look like they put on a good show

Now, if only they performed more of their older material

Opium...well but this is a formal piece of writing and I give a different shape to it....Forum posts are more like a....how to say....creative approach to writing texts....

See "......" these dots are thinking pauses....pauses of silence....

I amn't K7....watch his posts and think twice before complaining bout me dots....

Otherwise thanks for positive comments....
15.11.2007 - 19:57
Warman
Erotic Stains
Gotta love the "..."... I always use them!
----

Hits total: 5746 | This month: 7