Metal Storm logo
Limbonic Art

04.06.2006 - 05:30
Eternal Flames
Limbonic Art are a Symphonic Black Metal duo from Norway. The most similar band they can be compared to is probably Emperor, although Limbonic Art had a more dynamic and rich sound. They released 5 albums before they decided to end it in early 2003 as they had felt they had reached as far as they could. Every album they released was nothing short of a masterpiece. Each album had something interesting and I'm sure if they had continued, they would have done some amazing things for Black Metal now.

For me, they are one of my favourite Black Metal bands. Their releases have good production and there's really not many criticisms that I can give about them. Overall, I just think they are a great band.

So what does everyone else think of these guys? Favourite albums?
Also, if anyone has heard the two members' new bands (Sarcoma Inc, Dimension F3H), what are your opinions on their new projects, in comparision with Limbonic Art?
I unfortunately haven't heard Sarcoma Inc, although Dimension F3H is some quality Speed/Industrial kinda stuff. Different to Limbonic Art, yet in some ways quite similar.
11.06.2006 - 10:12
tuerda
It is very hard to get my hands on music by these guys. I have heard some of it and I loved it. I thought black metal had reached a new level of awesomeness. This was about 3 months ago. Since then I have not been able to find anything at all. I have combed metal stores and asked many a metalhead about them and found nothing. It really upsets me. At least now I know that they actually exist and it wasn't just some sort of very odd dream.
24.07.2006 - 15:04
Damnated
Churchburner
Very good sympho black metal band. I really love the thing that they only use sympho elements, and not entire orchestras and such. The music is well produced, dark, cold, and I love their long tracks. My fav album would be Ad Noctum - Dynasty Of Death.
----
Blessed is he that murders Christ in himself and in his fellow men.

Written by TheBigRossowski on 10.02.2009 at 16:01

if my wife and I can't conceive, I want a medical shipment of your sperm so our baby will be just like you.
25.07.2006 - 22:30
Basso
Account deleted
A really cool band. I have only heard Moon in the scorpio. But I wil buy their other albums with time, that is for sure!
02.10.2006 - 12:10
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
I like them i think its best Shympho BM band in Scndinavi, because thay play in hight quality thay has great lyrics and sometimes like Damnatded mention there are Opea ellements, seems Orchestra play too there, werry unique and great band, I had her them in BMrdio and also I had hear ''Ad Noctum Dynasty of Death'' and ''Moon in the Scorpio'' I think ist ebst album of them, its from those unlight days
----
I stand whit Ukraine and Israel. They have right to defend own citizens.

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
04.10.2006 - 05:27
Southern Wind
Account deleted
"Moon In The Scorpio" is a more than listenable album, although I had never really got into this band... too bombastic somehow.
04.10.2006 - 06:28
Dangerboner
Lactation Cnslt
I've never really been that big on them. They have some great moments, but most of the time I'm not really into it. They kinda remind me of Bishop of Hexen...a little.
09.11.2006 - 23:29
sertes
Account deleted
ling time ago ive started topic about limbonic art.. it is great band, my fav black metal band. interesting music.
In Abhorrence Dementia - they best album, all songs are special - words, music, vocals.
also Moon In The Scorpio is very good album.
13.11.2006 - 02:07
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Dangerboner on 04.10.2006 at 06:28

I've never really been that big on them. They have some great moments, but most of the time I'm not really into it. They kinda remind me of Bishop of Hexen...a little.

Whooooot Bishof Of Hexen?

I never had thinking about it, but BoH in lyrics thay are more deeper and well I shood listeb bout bands all albums and then I coud tell about it

But hmm lil' you're wright
----
I stand whit Ukraine and Israel. They have right to defend own citizens.

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
13.11.2006 - 22:18
matos
if you want something like Limbonic Art, i'd say "In lingua Mortua" is the thing. They found me on myspace, and i suggest you find them: http://www.myspace.com/inlinguamortua
----
15.11.2006 - 06:56
Eternal Flames
Thanks for the link Soulreaper. Will definitely have to check out that band when I get the opportunity to. MySpace band pages haven't been working so well for me lately, but once I've got it fixed, I'll definitely have to look into that band.
16.11.2006 - 15:27
Paganblood
The Aryaputra
In the region I stay, it is Extremely difficult to come across a record of underground metal ( BM,DM etc.)
However, I have listened to their album 'An Epitome of illusions'. This album is now among one of my favourite metal albums. The best thing about the band is their keyboards(for me). I liked the vocals as well. I would rate this album 10.
Their music is melodic, and their keyboards make their songs sond more 'occult' and 'ancient';)
----
that which shines without names and forms...
27.02.2007 - 06:04
Danny Thomas
Written by tuerda on 11.06.2006 at 10:12

It is very hard to get my hands on music by these guys. I have heard some of it and I loved it. I thought black metal had reached a new level of awesomeness. This was about 3 months ago. Since then I have not been able to find anything at all. I have combed metal stores and asked many a metalhead about them and found nothing. It really upsets me. At least now I know that they actually exist and it wasn't just some sort of very odd dream.

well you are in luck! i was able to purchase all 5 off of amazon.com and they came in abouta a week-week and a half. try there.
----
Our children are dead. Burnt in the ruins that were left by war.
27.02.2007 - 06:13
Danny Thomas
Written by Guest on 09.11.2006 at 23:29

ling time ago ive started topic about limbonic art.. it is great band, my fav black metal band. interesting music.
In Abhorrence Dementia - they best album, all songs are special - words, music, vocals.
also Moon In The Scorpio is very good album.

this is probably my favorite black metal band, just something about how every aspect of their music is amazing.
i agree with you, In Abhorrence Dementia is their best album, and moon in the scorpio is right behind it. i like the others, but ad noctum and ultimate death worship weren't as good imo, and the style was different, i still liked them, just not as much
----
Our children are dead. Burnt in the ruins that were left by war.
28.02.2007 - 08:33
666SETH666
Account deleted
in my opinion limbonic art is a great band...thier music has an Excellent Melody...one of the best Symphonic Black Metal bands...
03.05.2007 - 11:11
Bitter Dawn
Ave Sathanas!
I have just been getting into these guy's, I would listen to black metal radio and always notice the one song by them that would be on one of the episode's, so I finally decided to get their stuff. I really like it though, and at the moment I would say my favourite album is "The Ultimate Death Worship", great band, it's a bit of a shame they decided to split, but their reasoning sounds good, as there is no sense in draggin something out that may eventually turn to shit.
03.05.2007 - 12:49
A.J Thunder
I bought Moon In The Scorpio a long long time ago after listening to some samples from the album and though it sounded good. But when i finaly got it it was an big disapointment. The thing that the production was so great and everything was quit crystal clear somehow ruined it for me. The playing is good with song including small details everywhere and no question that these guys are really talented but the fact that the sounds are so higly produced creates IMO an disturbing plastic atmospher instead of bringing the mystic and dark atmospher that i hade been awaiting. The vocals really stand out from the instruments and that bothered me too.

So this wasnt my oppinion about Limbonic art , more the oppinion of the album Moon in scorpio. Because i cant say what i think about the band just after hearing one album. And i guess this is one of those bands wich albums you really have to listen over and over again to really hear those details in the background and understand the whole big picture.'
And i really cant find any similiarity with Emperor.

-Nocturanal-
04.05.2007 - 20:45
Lathronniel
they have some great songs from In Ab.D. and in the other albums but i think the sound quality isn't perfect
----
I amar prestar aen, han mathon ne nen, han mathon ne chae a han noston ned 'wilith...
04.05.2007 - 21:12
APOHAKC
The Bard
I love this band, one of my favorites. They music is incredibly inspirative... Great band
I love all albums from Lymbonic Art, and it is very rare for me
----
They say that we are gone but I can't let you down
The heathen faith will rise again we won't fail now
I know we cannot die forever is our time
Give my people back to me free from Christianity!!!!
06.05.2007 - 07:19
Judas
The Amputator
I only have 'Moon In The Scorpio' on CD (ordered it over the net), but the others are all present in some form or another on my computer, but I really enjoy their music and I am most pleased that they are reunited. Morpheus is probably one of the better composers of classical-styled keyboard lines in the Metal scene as a whole, and Daemon has a very cool voice, strangely comprehensible by BM standards.
----
"Once the game is over, the king and the pawn both go back into the same box."
11.05.2007 - 20:27
Lathronniel
Written by Judas on 06.05.2007 at 07:19

I only have 'Moon In The Scorpio' on CD (ordered it over the net), but the others are all present in some form or another on my computer, but I really enjoy their music and I am most pleased that they are reunited. Morpheus is probably one of the better composers of classical-styled keyboard lines in the Metal scene as a whole, and Daemon has a very cool voice, strangely comprehensible by BM standards.

well said abouth the both of them
----
I amar prestar aen, han mathon ne nen, han mathon ne chae a han noston ned 'wilith...
19.05.2007 - 17:00
Sunioj
I just listened to them for the first time...and its great music, mysterious, dark, I love the latin phrases here and there. But anyway I heard a song called smth martyrium...it was really good.
20.05.2007 - 14:06
APOHAKC
The Bard
Yeah, they realy know how to create ambience... I am not a fan of this kind of metal but Lymbonic Art are Gods. As Judas said Morpheous and Daemon are real artist, I wonder where they find their inspiration, cause some parts of their songs are madness (in positive way, of cause), as I said before... Awesome!
----
They say that we are gone but I can't let you down
The heathen faith will rise again we won't fail now
I know we cannot die forever is our time
Give my people back to me free from Christianity!!!!
22.02.2008 - 21:11
NOИ
another good symphonic black metal band. unfortunately the last album after the reunited was a little bit weird and didn't like it, but they deserve some respect, together with Emperor!
18.11.2008 - 22:34
Khaldi
I some days ago listened their 2007's album and ... and i don't find a word's to describe it .. it just awesome ... i think this album as more better then early albums . when this band planned to release
a new album ? i can't wait
----
Urartu is a NeoHittite and ProtoArmenian kingdom !!
30.05.2009 - 15:38
Uirapuru
Liver Failure
Thay managed to sustein the good quality through all their albums. I love the dark ambient noises and the keyboard work, specially in the three last works. The only thing that bothers me a little is the drum machine, that gets annoying in some cases, specially in the ''The ultimate death worship''.
Overall it is an excellent band. Looks like they are still active, hope for a new album soon.
----

----
member of the true crusade against old school heavy metal, early 80s thrash, NWOBHM, traditional doom, first and second wave black metal, old school death metal, US power metal, 70s prog rock and atmospheric doomsludgestoner. o/
30.05.2009 - 15:56
Lord_Regnier
People who like Limbonic Art should check Darkspace, they might like it. I'm saying it because there are similarities between both but I listen to neither of them.
----
"Why would we fear death, when life is so much more frightening?"