Album: The Human Touch
Style: Heavy metal, Thrash metal
Release date: 2007

01. Take What Is Yours
02. The Enemy
03. One tear For Glory
04. Human Touch
05. Left Alone

Three years after the release of their first (really good) demo, Blynd from Cyprus is back! Their new released is called "The Human Touch" and like on "Embraced And Abandoned", the band still plays a kind of modern Thrash. It's one more time promising though unfortunately the demo suffers a lot of an average production?

It's me who have reviewed "Embraced And Abandoned", for Metal Storm in 2004. I remember that it was a good original album full of good ideas with a mix of Thrash Death and even Progressive Metal. "The Human Touch" follows this way but I have to say that it's not so "crazy" and a bit more formatted now. For me, "The Human Touch" sounds a bit like the last Machine Head's albums, it's Thrash Metal but not in the vein of the Bay Area community and it's more like a "modern Thrash" which still flirts with Progressive music (the songs are not basic Thrash songs, you have a lot of breaks etc?). All in all even if musically speaking we have some good things here, it's not really structured and can quickly become messy for our hears? "Embraced And Abandoned" was a bit like that too but it was a lot more surprising and the compositions were better in my opinion.

Also, the main problem of "The Human Touch" is that the production is really average. The sound is not well mixed; the snare drums are too high the guitars too loud and the general sound is too weak anyway. Plus (and that's surprising) the clean vocals of Andreas are a bit weak and he is even a bit out of tune on the really original "Human Touch" but by chance his death/thrash vocals are correct. In the end "Human Touch" is not a bad demo, at the opposite but I hope that Blynd will be able to release their next CD with some better means of production! Right now, it just kills the music of the combo.

We have a lot of good ideas on this release. The songs are really original but a bit more accessible too without being so complex (I know that's a bit hard to explain?) and I would like to see again this kind of originality with a bit more of structure maybe. The time to release an album is coming, if Blynd can put some order in their songs without removing their "crazy" side of course and if they can record it with in a real professional studio, then it should be ok for them! Time will tell?

Rating breakdown
Performance: 6
Songwriting: 7
Originality: 8
Production: 6

Written by Jeff | 27.10.2007

Comments

Comments: 3   Visited by: 11 users
27.10.2007 - 00:35
Dane Train
Beers & Kilts
elite
I'll try and check it out as soon as I can. Sound interesting.
----
(space for rent)
27.10.2007 - 12:30
VaronoZz
Vampbaron
CYPRUS METAL IS HERE..!!

BLYND KICK ASSES!
----
give praise for the blood it bled,
grant a rose for the dead...
27.10.2007 - 14:10
destroyah
supercharger
elite
Sounds pretty cool! You're right about the production though...

Other than that, it's a real good catch
----
About me:

"The best out of all the people ever" - Washington Post

"We abandoned Christ for Destroyah's love!" - The Watchtower

"Simply amazing!" - Rolling Stone

Hits total: 3630 | This month: 5