Metal Storm logo
Yngwie Malmsteen's Giant Ego

Original post

Posted by , 04.06.2006 - 07:59

Just like the old one...Malmsteen's personality has caused criticism through all these years...Once he told Guitar Magazine's John Stix in 1986 that Eddie Van Halen was "afraid to meet him"...He has also taken similar jabs at Vinnie Moore, The White Stripes, Jon Bon Jovi, Weezer's Rivers Cuomo, and Steve Vai...Also both his friends and "enemies" have said that he has a giant ego, and that he usually gets provoked and acts intolerably...I am a huge fan of Yngwie, and he is awesome, but some people think that because of his talent he has the right to insult other musicians...and I don't think thats Ok

08.07.2006 - 00:44
Sekhmet
Electric Witch
I dunno if any of you know the webcomics "Backstage" but it gives a pretty accurate description of Yngwie's ego
Here's the link to the episode where Ingwie is getting prepared for a duel against Zakk Wylde.
http://www.backstagethecomic.com/strip44.htm
But the whole 1st chapter is worth reading
----
I wish I had a mental survival kit...
10.07.2006 - 08:03
Vinnie R.
Chido Chido
Written by Sekhmet on 08.07.2006 at 00:44

I dunno if any of you know the webcomics "Backstage" but it gives a pretty accurate description of Yngwie's ego
Here's the link to the episode where Ingwie is getting prepared for a duel against Zakk Wylde.

Amazing, Zakk better than Yngwie coldn't be real, but i think Zakk fight better and this reflect it very well! There is nothing of Kat?
07.08.2006 - 20:08
Sekhmet
Electric Witch
Written by Vinnie R. on 10.07.2006 at 08:03

Written by Sekhmet on 08.07.2006 at 00:44

Amazing, Zakk better than Yngwie coldn't be real, but i think Zakk fight better and this reflect it very well! There is nothing of Kat?

A little off-topic but Backstage Season 2 has begun
----
I wish I had a mental survival kit...
10.08.2006 - 16:50
Angel Deformity
Azathoth
Hes coming to australia next yr some time, that is if his head can fit in Australia

EDIT - Was he in the pantera DVD saying he doesnt like donuts? I can never remember...
22.03.2007 - 05:12
Paganblood
The Aryaputra
pride (in good sense) is good, but ego is not. He should respect the talent of other guitarists and realize that he isn't the only good guitarist plus there could be better guitarists who are, unfortunately, obscure.
----
that which shines without names and forms...
22.03.2007 - 07:12
Ocarina654
Account deleted
Because of Yngwie's giant ego my friend and I have this running joke that whenever we eat Chinese food we have to talk any Yngwie, and specifically use the phrase "Yngwie is a dick".

Seriously though, he's good and I really like his stuff, but I don't like to support him because he is such a jerk. Skill doesn't make you any more of an important person.
22.03.2007 - 16:21
ASiema113

Quite frankly Yngwie has skills but he overexaggerates how good he is. Whenever you download something (lets say "Speed Metal Symphony" which is by the great Jason Becker from his band Cacophony) it is half of the time Malmsteen if it has anything to do with the genre that he plays in. That not only say's what type of hype he's built for himself but what others either assume must be written by him or the ego circles that have kept building.

I've listened to his new cd and it has some good stuff I just can't see myself listeneing to the whole thing once, let alone actually buying the cd. I've also listened to "Black Star" and I find it's a pretty good piece of work but it feels to me like there's something lacking, and Jason Becker has that thing that makes his music complete and no ego to go with it.

I'll take Becker over Malmsteen anyday listen to Black Star & Speed Metal Symphony & then tell me who should be the one with the massive ego.
----

Written by Guest on 18.01.2008 at 09:05

People are always at their very best when they're dead.
22.03.2007 - 21:05
BitterCOld
The Ancient One
http://www.roadrun.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=8100

After badmouthing homosexuals on a plane flight, some woman grew tired of his antics and dumped a cup of water on him. Within the Blabbermouth article is a link to a site with the mp3 of his breakdown. It's pretty funny. Big fat bloated puffy shirt wearing rock star threatening a woman "Now you've unleashed the fucking fury."

Someone should bash that bastard over the head with his own guitar repeatedly until reality sets in.
----
get the fuck off my lawn.

Beer Bug Virus Spotify Playlist crafted by Nikarg and I. Feel free to tune in and add some pertinent metal tunes!
08.06.2009 - 00:47
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Written by ASiema113 on 22.03.2007 at 16:21

Quite frankly Yngwie has skills but he overexaggerates how good he is. Whenever you download something (lets say "Speed Metal Symphony" which is by the great Jason Becker from his band Cacophony) it is half of the time Malmsteen if it has anything to do with the genre that he plays in. That not only say's what type of hype he's built for himself but what others either assume must be written by him or the ego circles that have kept building.

I've listened to his new cd and it has some good stuff I just can't see myself listeneing to the whole thing once, let alone actually buying the cd. I've also listened to "Black Star" and I find it's a pretty good piece of work but it feels to me like there's something lacking, and Jason Becker has that thing that makes his music complete and no ego to go with it.

I'll take Becker over Malmsteen anyday listen to Black Star & Speed Metal Symphony & then tell me who should be the one with the massive ego.

Digging up an old thread here. And though I know it is a Malmsteen thread and I am a huge Becker fan... Cacophony was actually more Friedman's band and vehicle than Becker's. But compare both their first solo albums and Becker's Perpetual Burn is better than Friedman's Dragon's Kiss
----
Member of the true crusade against European Flower Metal

Yesterday is dead and gone, tomorrow is out of sight
Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

09.06.2009 - 00:03
ASiema113

Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 08.06.2009 at 00:47

Written by ASiema113 on 22.03.2007 at 16:21

Digging up an old thread here. And though I know it is a Malmsteen thread and I am a huge Becker fan... Cacophony was actually more Friedman's band and vehicle than Becker's. But compare both their first solo albums and Becker's Perpetual Burn is better than Friedman's Dragon's Kiss

Hehe, kinda funny to see old posts after a while. But while Malmsteen's ego might not have changed I've at least learned to get over the fact & just enjoy his music. Blackstar while being a very obvious Malm. song is a very good song nonetheless, & not to mention he was one of the first people to do what he did & get recognition for it.

Still ego pollutes anything you let it touch.
----

Written by Guest on 18.01.2008 at 09:05

People are always at their very best when they're dead.
26.06.2009 - 20:49
LeChron James
Helvetesfossen
Malmsteen pisses everyone off. he just needs to stop unleashing the fury so often.
----
Kick Ass, Die Young

Less is More
Stay Pure
Stay Poor

Music was my life, music brought me to life and music is how I will be remembered long after I leave this life. When I die there will be a final waltz in my head that only I can hear.
26.06.2009 - 20:53
BitterCOld
The Ancient One
Written by LeChron James on 26.06.2009 at 20:49

Malmsteen pisses everyone off. he just needs to stop unleashing the fury so often.

or the rest of us need someone to be the "Black Eyed Peas" manager to Yngwie's "Perez Hilton" - smack him around a bit and knock some sense into him. but that's just me. i always smile when some obnoxious/arrogant celeb that pisses on the people around them gets their comeuppance.
----
get the fuck off my lawn.

Beer Bug Virus Spotify Playlist crafted by Nikarg and I. Feel free to tune in and add some pertinent metal tunes!