Metal Storm logo
Best Extreme Power metal band from Finland

Original post

Posted by , 01.11.2007 - 18:10
wich band do you prefer , this bands have a lot of similar stuff all started by the great Children of Bodom
but what its your favorite and why

Children Of Bodom gets my vote because they started this extreme power style and the riffs and the solos are very original plus the awesome keyboard technique

Poll

wich band do you think is the best

Children Of Bodom
Wintersun
Ensiferum
Kalmah
Eternal Tears Of Sorrow
Moonsorrow
Norther
Mors Principium Est
Skyfire

Total votes: 262
14.02.2010 - 04:11
His Eminence
Account deleted
Written by Winterthrone on 11.02.2010 at 17:16

COB were the first, they creaed this genre, so they have my vote. I didn't like AYDY but Bloodrunk had good songs, so I think they're still able to suprise us with the next album!

As Tordah stated a while back, Children of Bodom were not the first. Actually Kalmah (as Ancestor) formed around 1991, while Children of Bodom (as Inearthed) formed around 1993.
15.02.2010 - 21:28
Winterthrone

Written by Guest on 14.02.2010 at 04:11

Written by Winterthrone on 11.02.2010 at 17:16

COB were the first, they creaed this genre, so they have my vote. I didn't like AYDY but Bloodrunk had good songs, so I think they're still able to suprise us with the next album!

As Tordah stated a while back, Children of Bodom were not the first. Actually Kalmah (as Ancestor) formed around 1991, while Children of Bodom (as Inearthed) formed around 1993.

Maybe if you look at the year of formation, but COB were the first to gain international exposure and recognition with this type of music! So I was right, as I'm always right, except when I'm wrong!:shit:
27.07.2010 - 07:15
whatsacow

Wow. What a surprise. If you put children of bodom in a poll, no matter what it is, they'll win. Especially when you call it best extreme power metal band from finland. It was kind of a dumb question.
----
When God made up the golden rule, do you think he noticed that it condones rape?
27.07.2010 - 16:33
Boxcar Willy
yr a kook
Written by whatsacow on 27.07.2010 at 07:15

Wow. What a surprise. If you put children of bodom in a poll, no matter what it is, they'll win. Especially when you call it best extreme power metal band from finland. It was kind of a dumb question.

Indeed.
----
14:22 - Marcel Hubregtse
I do your mum

DESTROY DRUM TRIGGERS
25.11.2010 - 14:00
Yavanna

I like them all, is sooooooo hard to choose.
----
Carry me to the shoreline
Bury me in the sand
Walk me across the water
And maybe you'll understand
26.11.2010 - 16:39
IronAngel

You know, I think Extreme Power Metal is a MetalStorm invention. It's not used much elsewhere, and I heard it for the first time here years ago. I'm not saying whether it's appropriate or not. I just find it slightly amusing that people are waggling their cocks here confidently, making proud declarations about extreme power metal as if it was anything but a term some guy pulled out of his arse a few years ago, probably on MS. >_<

Since Ensiferum and Moonsorrow have nothing to do with this style, whatever it's called, I guess I'll say Norther. I really like Mirror of Madness, even if the other albums are lame. The ETOS debut is also relatively cool.
27.11.2010 - 22:42
Luneth
Account deleted
It's between Children of Bodom; Kalmah and Wintersun, possibly Norther too. But when it comes dow to it; for me, CoB are top quality. Wintersun only have one album so I can't really say they're the best, Kalmah are awesome, but CoB are much better imo. I've only just started listening to Norther so...
03.12.2010 - 08:43
tweetbombardier

Wintersun. That album melts my mind every time I put it on.
12.12.2010 - 21:19
Kevorkian

Ultimately, I don't truly believe that "extreme power metal" is a real metal genre, but for the sake of the poll, I voted for CoB. I like Kalmah more, but ever since The Black Waltz, Kalmah has had too much thrash influence in their music to be labeled extreme power metal.
13.12.2010 - 19:49
Guib
Thrash Talker
Written by Kevorkian on 12.12.2010 at 21:19

I like Kalmah more, but ever since The Black Waltz, Kalmah has had too much thrash influence in their music to be labeled extreme power metal.

I totally agree with that statement ! But they still kick asses doesn't they ?
----
- Headbanging with mostly clogged arteries to that stuff -
Guib's List Of Essential Albums
- Also Thrash Paradise
Thrash Here
13.12.2010 - 21:42
Kevorkian

Written by Guib on 13.12.2010 at 19:49

Written by Kevorkian on 12.12.2010 at 21:19

I like Kalmah more, but ever since The Black Waltz, Kalmah has had too much thrash influence in their music to be labeled extreme power metal.

I totally agree with that statement ! But they still kick asses doesn't they ?

Oh, absolutely. I think they kick more ass now that they've strayed into thrash territory. The new album is fantastic.
03.04.2011 - 23:34
blacktooth85

COB
13.04.2011 - 19:30
VloRD

Ahahaha, I was expecting like 500 votes for COB and 0 for the rest.

Just love the thrash influence of Kalmah, awesome stuff.
----
14.04.2011 - 00:15
Yasmine

Written by Guest on 27.11.2010 at 22:42

It's between Children of Bodom; Kalmah and Wintersun, possibly Norther too. But when it comes dow to it; for me, CoB are top quality. Wintersun only have one album so I can't really say they're the best, Kalmah are awesome, but CoB are much better imo. I've only just started listening to Norther so...

Wintersun for me having 1 album can't make the cut, and I loathe CoB, so Kalmah is the obvious choice for me.
----
"Both optimists and pessimists contribute to our society. The optimist invents the airplane and the pessimist the parachute." G B Stern
"Society is like a stew. If you don't stir it up every once in a while then a layer of scum float u
14.04.2011 - 00:54
MetalSpider

Although I love Wintersun's first and only album...Ensiferum is the band I chose (and even they aren't exactly extreme power metal...not like Kalmah or COB)

And although Moonsorrow is one of my favourite bands, I can't vote for them because they aren't extreme power metal.
----

Thanks to Corrupt for these banners!
14.04.2011 - 02:21
Yasmine

I agree, Ensiferum is not part of this genre at all.
----
"Both optimists and pessimists contribute to our society. The optimist invents the airplane and the pessimist the parachute." G B Stern
"Society is like a stew. If you don't stir it up every once in a while then a layer of scum float u
14.04.2011 - 19:34
Luneth
Account deleted
Written by Yasmine on 14.04.2011 at 00:15

Written by Guest on 27.11.2010 at 22:42

Wintersun for me having 1 album can't make the cut, and I loathe CoB, so Kalmah is the obvious choice for me.

Old CoB, too? Can't really say I'm surprised, when bands deteriorate that tends to be the consensus. Unless you don't like them at all of course.
14.04.2011 - 22:59
Yasmine

NAh, I never liked them at all actually.
----
29.06.2011 - 00:30
Damshak

Children Of Bodom
29.06.2011 - 01:15
Metal_4Ever

I liked Eternal Tears of Sorrow a lot..
19.08.2011 - 17:24
BeastOfMetal456
Account deleted
Moonsorrow isn't extreme power, as is Ensiferum.
Personally, I hate CoB's vocals a lot. I don't like Kalmah or Norther, I find them very boring and samey
Ensiferum (If you want to regard it as Extreme Power) or Wintersun FTW. I'll choose Ensiferum because I like their folky elements a lot.
19.08.2011 - 17:59
Sean 79

Written by Guest on 19.08.2011 at 17:24

Moonsorrow isn't extreme power, as is Ensiferum.
Personally, I hate CoB's vocals a lot. I don't like Kalmah or Norther, I find them very boring and samey
Ensiferum (If you want to regard it as Extreme Power) or Wintersun FTW. I'll choose Ensiferum because I like their folky elements a lot.

Sure you want to vote for a "Pagan" band

Have to agree with your choice though
20.08.2011 - 07:23
Metal_4Ever

"Best Extreme Power Metal Band From Finland" - I'm sure you're meaning CoB
23.02.2012 - 19:56
Codera the Great
Account deleted
I really want to hear Wintersun's next album, are they almost done with it yet?
24.02.2012 - 02:15
Boxcar Willy
yr a kook
Written by Guest on 23.02.2012 at 19:56

I really want to hear Wintersun's next album, are they almost done with it yet?

They'll never be done with it.
----
14:22 - Marcel Hubregtse
I do your mum

DESTROY DRUM TRIGGERS
10.03.2012 - 15:38
Infernal Eternal

I voted CoB although Wintersun are really good too. BTW Ensiferum are Folk Metal.
----
{}::::::[]:::::::::::::::::> ONLY DEATH IS REAL <:::::::::::::::::[]::::::{}
Rest In Peace: Bon Scott, Dave G. Halliday, Michael "Destructor" Wulf, Jerry Fogle, Quorthon, Witchhunter
26.04.2012 - 17:21
Infernal Eternal

The best extreme power metal band from Finland ? Don't you think most people are gonna vote for CoB just because they are more popular ?
----
{}::::::[]:::::::::::::::::> ONLY DEATH IS REAL <:::::::::::::::::[]::::::{}
Rest In Peace: Bon Scott, Dave G. Halliday, Michael "Destructor" Wulf, Jerry Fogle, Quorthon, Witchhunter
26.04.2012 - 18:29
Milena
gloom cookie
Written by IronAngel on 26.11.2010 at 16:39

You know, I think Extreme Power Metal is a MetalStorm invention. It's not used much elsewhere, and I heard it for the first time here years ago. I'm not saying whether it's appropriate or not. I just find it slightly amusing that people are waggling their cocks here confidently, making proud declarations about extreme power metal as if it was anything but a term some guy pulled out of his arse a few years ago, probably on MS. >_<

I find it funny that we call it extreme power metal, since it's neither extreme nor power metal but what can you do.
----
7.0 means the album is good
26.04.2012 - 19:33
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Written by Milena on 26.04.2012 at 18:29

Written by IronAngel on 26.11.2010 at 16:39

I find it funny that we call it extreme power metal, since it's neither extreme nor power metal but what can you do.

i don't know what bands you are referring to. But Chicken of Boredom are certainly power metal.
----
Member of the true crusade against European Flower Metal

Yesterday is dead and gone, tomorrow is out of sight
Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

26.04.2012 - 19:36
!J.O.O.E.!
Account deleted
Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 26.04.2012 at 19:33

i don't know what bands you are referring to. But Chicken of Boredom are certainly power metal.

It totally is, and not that difficult to see either. Replace the vocals on say CoB's 'Follow the Reaper' with typically clean power metal vox and you'd have a full on power metal album. They certainly don't sound like any melodeath band I've ever heard.