Metal Storm logo
Angel Witch

03.11.2007 - 20:54
Mad Laughter
Account deleted
Angel Witch is a NWOBHM band that kicks uber ass. I have their compilation, titled "Resurrection", and it is quite amazing.

Info:

The band was founded under the name of Lucifer and initially comprised of guitarist and vocalist Kevin Heybourne, guitarist Rob Downing, drummer Steve Jones, and bassist Barry Clements. Lucifer split and Steve Jones joined up with Bruce Dickinson to form Speed. The remnants of Lucifer became Angel Witch, with the exceptions of Barry, who was replaced by Kevin Riddles, and Steve Jones, who was replaced by Dave Hogg. The following year Rob Downing left the band.

They were together from 1977 to 2004, reformed in 2005, and split up again the same year.

Any fans here?
03.11.2007 - 22:22
Lowelas OF FIRE
Account deleted
Yessss ! Nice couple ov threads man. Angel Witch, I like their debut, 1980 release. It's kind ov interesting how they try to be all 'occult' too haha.
04.11.2007 - 00:16
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Good band good and i say forgoten and ewery 80ties album are kick ass album
----
Life is to short for LOVE, there is many great things to do online !!!

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
04.11.2007 - 00:30
Mad Laughter
Account deleted
Oh yea I forgot about the debut, off of which some songs were taken for the compilation (I believe, don't hold me to that). I still need to nab that one.
09.11.2007 - 16:37
R.I.Pdeadlegends
Account deleted
!!!!!!!!!! Angel witch !!!! omfg they are/were so fucking awesome ^^ sadly I only have the "Angel Witch" album but it rocks so much !!!
10.11.2007 - 02:19
Lowelas OF FIRE
Account deleted
To be honest I have only heard their debut, never any other Angel Witch release lol.
10.11.2007 - 13:55
-Nowitzki-7
Account deleted
They are fantastic i have only heard the angel witch album but it sounds very nice
10.11.2007 - 13:57
GothHorizon

I first heard them today with the song "Angel Witch"
yes I'm a fan
----
Great Israeli Metal:
Orphaned Land-myspace.com/orphanedmyspace
Salem-myspace.com/11075777
Metal scenT-myspace.com/metalscentband
Betzefer-myspace.com/betzefer
More:Whorecore/Distorted
For More:forums.metalist.co.il/forum_posts.asp?TID=7555&PN=1
13.11.2007 - 03:37
Lowelas OF FIRE
Account deleted
13.11.2007 - 09:25
Ellie
Account deleted
Ah yes..I am a huge Angel Witch fan. I think their self titled album is probably their best album and is probably one of the best NWOBHM albums out there..it could even be one of the best metal albums in general in my opinion! Anyways I always thought they would be a great starting out band for anyone wanting to get into metal. Cheers!
16.01.2008 - 09:46
MaidenVarius
Account deleted
Holy fuck an angel witch thread, nice thread dude, I don't wanna sound like a broken record but their first album is amazing, and the only other one worth getting is their second release Screamin and Bleedin, classic metal band
17.01.2008 - 19:06
Existenzangst
Account deleted
YOU'RE AN ANGEL WITCH, YOUUUU'RE AN ANGEL WITCH DNDNDNDNDN!!!!

Hahaha, awesome song and a really great band in general, only have the debut and a live album, it was enough for me, but I should try some other stuff by them too, and more NWOBHM in general, kick ass band!
17.01.2008 - 23:27
Lowelas OF FIRE
Account deleted
Screamin' And Bleedin' , hmmmm never heard that one.
20.01.2008 - 18:44
deadset61
Account deleted
These guys are another one of my favorite NWOBHM bands. I love their self titled first album. I reccomend that one to any one that hasnt heard Angel Witch.
21.01.2008 - 16:06
MightyMouse

Yes, their debut album is really good, it is one of my NWOBHM favourites.
21.04.2008 - 04:42
MetalChick_91
Account deleted
hey i think angel witch are cool i like the song angel witch thats my favourite!!
21.04.2008 - 05:25
Metal_Militia

//I love their first self entitled release! I just got my hands on the 25 yr anniversary edition of that album. Love just about every song on that album. There are also a couple live ones that were just exceptional! wish i would have been alive around that time to see them and Maiden when they first came out in 1980 To me, thats when REAL metal started//
----
"When night falls
she cloaks the world
in impenetrable darkness.
A chill rises
from the soil
and contaminates the air
suddenly...
life has new meaning"

21.04.2008 - 08:42
tulkas
el parcero
wow, i hadn't seen this thread before.... this band is great! i have their 'Angel Witch' album, and it rulezz!! the song 'angel witch' is great, and so are the rest!! great band!
----
love is like a jar of shit with a strawberry on top
25.07.2013 - 18:24
Infernal Eternal

Awesome band. I believe more people should know their work. THey deserve it.
----
{}::::::[]:::::::::::::::::> ONLY DEATH IS REAL <:::::::::::::::::[]::::::{}
Rest In Peace: Bon Scott, Dave G. Halliday, Michael "Destructor" Wulf, Jerry Fogle, Quorthon, Witchhunter
26.07.2013 - 06:56
DyingWorld

I still haven't gotten their new one yet but what I heard, I liked. "Dead Sea Scrolls" especially. Of course the S/T is a classic.